thanks

Jack Spates

Mar 19, 2009, 5:55:16 PM3/19/09
to Tamarind-...@googlegroups.com
more questions.  which part of the island do you live?   a day dosen't go by that i do not think about things i did while living there.  when i was living there the only thing in speightstown was mike's, a bank, petrol station, i think those large red buses had a station there.   have been unable to contact friends i knew.  lived at left turn, half moon forte(thnk my spelling is correct)road.  three houses just after you turn there.  small house in center, snug have.  if still the same.  rented from a mr. justice barrow and wife pauline.  from satellite images i am able to pull up on my computer, the house still apprears to be there.  do you get out that way?  does this really go to a person in barados?

knr...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2009, 9:20:41 PM3/19/09
to Tamarind Tree Lime
Actually, I live in the States (Boston-Providence area) but I've been
back in my homeland Barbados for the last several months looking after
family business. I am located across the street from where George
used to live (if you know where that was in Road View). The house is
now a Chinese restaurant and George and his wife live in the Mt.
Standfast, St. James area. Speightstown has changed somewhat since
the '70s (I left in '73) but you will still find the familiar
landmarks like the fishmarket, etc. There is a new bus terminus not
far from where the old one was located and the petrol station is on
the new road that by-passes the town. I do occasionally get out to
Half Moon Fort which is now more popularly referred to as Moontown as
there is a popular roadside restaurant which opens late into the night
and a Fish Fry with karaoke music etc., on Friday nights. I can't
say I know the house you are referring to but next time I'm in the
area I will make a point to look for it.