Gravel 100 km

Dan Driscoll

Aug 19, 2021, 12:33:27 PM8/19/21
to LSR Group, Rani and Jay Freeman, Pat Nolan, Brenda Barnell, Tibor Tamas, Joshua Crixell, Mike Schmit, Patricia Pinkston, Dan DeKalb, Brad Flickner
LSR’s

I’ll be hosting LSR’s first Gravel Pop Saturday Aug 28th.
This is a new route and will be a Rando Scout point.
RUSA is working on a new Gravel program, so figured we should get our toes wet.

Or

2799TX: Dallas1062021/07/25
(Tibor Tamas)
2021/07/26
(S. Keith Sutton)
Czech Bakery GravelCvoington, TX;West;TX

I’ll arrive early enough to check with the Cefco and see if we can part there, if not there is a public part across the street.

How about a 7:00 am start

Here is a link to the RUSA website for you to print waivers and photo them and email, or bring hard copy with ya…..  https://rusa.org/pages/waiverpdf

There is a $5.00 RUSA fee for this ride.

 Ride Start:
CEFCO Convenience Store
100 NORTH MAIN STREET
Covington, TX 76636

Tibor Tamas

Aug 19, 2021, 12:44:10 PM8/19/21
to Dan Driscoll, LSR Group, Rani and Jay Freeman, Pat Nolan, Brenda Barnell, Joshua Crixell, Mike Schmit, Patricia Pinkston, Dan DeKalb, Brad Flickner
This is a very nice route. I rode it March 26th and the gravel is compact. No traffic and the scenery is nice as well. Not the gravel we typically think of, where you need gravel bikes or knobby tires.

Highly recommend considering joining us for this ride.

StephenH

Aug 26, 2021, 9:01:04 PM8/26/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
I'm in.  Just got my wheels swapped out, pedals swapped out, brakes adjusted, speedometer magnet replaced.

Susan Shields

Aug 26, 2021, 9:10:49 PM8/26/21
to Dan Driscoll, LSR Group, Rani and Jay Freeman, Pat Nolan, Brenda Barnell, Tibor Tamas, Joshua Crixell, Mike Schmit, Patricia Pinkston, Dan DeKalb, Brad Flickner
I’ll be joining y’all for the first time for this one.  I’m looking forward to meeting you!!!

Sue Shields

On Aug 19, 2021, at 11:33 AM, 'Dan Driscoll' via Lone * Star * Randonneurs <Talk...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

LSR’s

Debbie Breaud

Aug 26, 2021, 9:15:18 PM8/26/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs, Tibor Tamas
I'm riding Goatneck with a friend this time but y'all have fun!

Dan Driscoll

Aug 27, 2021, 7:54:10 AM8/27/21
to LSR Group, Susan Shields
For Saturday - our first Gravel Pop we have - Sue, Tibor, Stephen, Josh, Patty and Dan…
Start time has been changed to 7:30.

For Sunday - Taste of Italy Pop we have - Gary, Dana, Pam, Dan, Debbie, Delwin….Tibor?
Start time 7:30.

If you’d like to be added just send a waiver…

Next weekend:
Dart Pop on Saturday (a must for every self respecting Rando ;=) - Gary G. Is our Host.
Easy Peasy Pop, this is a hilly longish Pop on Monday (Labor Day) - Stephen H. Is our Host.

DanD