Da Raf does it again - Trans AM 4000

rlentz1161

Jul 2, 2024, 8:38:43 PMJul 2
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs

Hello,

After not being able to get down to see Rafi finish the 2023 edition with my grandiose surprise plan, I was able to get down from south Jersey this year to finish what I started. This was to greet him at the end, give him a poster I made up with well wishes from LSR, some food and some homemade NJ blueberry pie. He rolled in around 4 AM Monday morning in hard rain and thunder with one spoke tied around an adjacent one for 100s of miles. What a stud! Congrats Raf on a 2nd Trans AM 4000 finish! Little did I know I'd end up driving him back with bike to NJ so his family could pick him up. He was good and welcome company as I had driven down on my own Sunday.

Rick

20240701_040108.jpg
20240701_113308.jpg

Dan Driscoll

Jul 2, 2024, 8:54:05 PMJul 2
to Talk...@googlegroups.com, Rick Lentz
Thanks A Million, Rick…… Your kindness to Raff is appreciated more than words can describe.

Two Time Trans Am Rando, in less than a month on each race, will make for some lasting memories for our favorite RAFF…..

Extremely proud of both of ya !!!!!

I absolutely recognize that smile on his face, and this one is special, 4,000miles with wet clothing…

Looking forward to meeting up with ya latter this month, for the full story.

DanD

Begin forwarded message:
20240701_040108.jpg20240701_113308.jpg