May 28 Hound Dog rides

Pam Wright

May 10, 2022, 11:04:44 PM5/10/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi all

Hope you've got Memorial Day penciled on your calendar for a great set of rides!  Stephen Hazelton has reworked a couple of these routes to keep them together as long as possible, so thanks Stephen because I'm just posting work he's already done :-)

As usual, if you're a yes or a maybe, please print, sign and email photos of your waivers to Dan and me.  You can send waivers in for multiple distances and wait to decide til closer to ride start.

FYI, Dan and I are about to leave for the Treasure Cove 1200k, so I'll do my best to respond, but it may not be quickly.  We also don't know which rides we may be doing, but I can tell ya... don't expect "me" to do another 1000k 6 days after Treasure Cove :-). So, we may or may not be at the starts each day.

The details:
  • $5 RUSA Ride Fee - All riders are required to pay a $5 insurance fee, per ride, IN ADVANCE OF RIDING.  This will go directly to RUSA, so please get with Dan (dandri...@me.com) and pay in advance into a "piggy bank" for yourself (you can pay in advance for multiple rides and save lots of hassle).  You are not allowed to pay after the ride.  If you pay by PayPal PLEASE be sure to send as "Friends and Family!"
  • Services:  pretty plentiful in Greenville and stores along the way.  Known services are marked on the cue sheets.
  • Cue Sheet:  Please print your own cue sheet.  Not all info has been transferred to the GPS files.
  • Night Gear:  Required for 300, 400, 600, 1000k.  Sun is 6:16a-8:27p
  1. RUSA Brevet, 218K  OK is OK 218- Aberfoyle
    1. Starts Walmart
    2. Rides with all routes for about 64.5 miles then turns off

  1. ACP Brevet, 300k Ok is OK 300k - Aberfoyle
    1. Starts Walmart
    2. Rides with longer rides until mile 91, then turns off
  1. ACP Brevet, 400k Ok is Ok 400
    1. Same course as Day 1 of the 600k
    2. Ok is OK 400k and Day 1 of 600k_2019 Version

  1. ACP Brevet, 600k.  OK is OK 602km
    1. D1 -  Ok is OK 400k and Day 1 of 600k_2019 Version
    2. D2 -  Ok is OK 600k Day 2, 2019 Version

  2. ACP Brevet, Hound Dog 1000k
    1. D1. Day 1 Hound Dog 1000k 5/29/21 - Turns around at mile 119 while the 400k continues to mile 125 before turning around.
    2. D2 - D2 Hound Dog 1200k

  • WAIVERS:  Attached are files for the RUSA waiver.  Unless otherwise arranged, I will not have copies at the ride start.  Sign, date, scan, and email the waiver to Dan (dandri...@me.com) and me by Thursday 5/26
  • CUE SHEETS:  Attached.   Unless otherwise arranged, I will not have copies at the ride start.
  • PROOF OF PASSAGE:  Please plan to provide your GPS file, time-stamped selfies at each control and/or store receipts.  After you finish, please email your proof of passage and RUSA # to Dan. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TEXTING YOUR RUSA # AND FINISH INFO TO DAN.

Please note:
Randonneuring inherently involves various hazards, and riders assume all risks associated with the activity.  Hazards include, but are not limited to, motor vehicles; other cyclists; loose dogs, livestock or wild animals; road flaws including cracks, potholes, ridges, gratings, rumble strips, sand or gravel; lightning, heat, cold, ice, or other hazardous weather; mechanical failures; fatigue; medical conditions; assault.  All routes are on public roads or paths, and neither the route nor any flaws in the road surface are marked.  All routes are unsupported.  Riders will be required to sign and submit the attached waiver prior to riding.  Please read it, as you are signing away some rights and are responsible for knowing what you sign.

Please ask any questions and I will post RSVPs and any updates to this email string.  And thanks in advance if you see anything amiss...lemme know :)  Ciao for now and holler back with questions!

Pam Wright

Ok is Ok 218 Aberfoyle Cue Waiver.pdf
_OK is OK 300K _Aberfoyle Waiver Cue.pdf
Ok is Ok 400 Cue Waiver.pdf
OK is OK 600k Cue Waiver.pdf
_1000k Hound Dog Cue Waiver.pdf

Vikramsinh Jadhav

May 19, 2022, 12:58:49 PM5/19/22
to Pam Wright, Dan Driscoll, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Has anyone booked the hotel yet? I called the hotel and asked for the discounted rate, the representative said $89 is without taxes, and there is a security deposit ($25 per day) which they can return later. I asked for the rate $89 including the taxes and the representative was unable to offer that price.
@Dan Driscoll can you please confirm or talk to them about the negotiated rates again?
Really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Vikram

Dan Driscoll

May 23, 2022, 8:32:00 AM5/23/22
to Vikramsinh Jadhav, Pam Wright, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Out of town, just finished a long ride, need to get bike boxed up and get on a plane, sorry, no time to confirm if price included taxes, or not.
DD

Pam Wright

May 24, 2022, 10:31:05 AM5/24/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs

Hi all
With 2 delayed flights already, Dan and I are still trying to get home after Treasure Cove so here are the riders I know of for this coming wknd. Please send in your waiver(s) asap and help get the party started!

218k
Thomas Richardson - returning after last Rando ride in 2006!
DanD maybe

600k
Vikram Jadhav

Pam Wright

On Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:04:31 PM CDT, Pam Wright <texasp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

[...]

    1. 14:32Hr time limit
    1. Starts Walmart
    2. Rides with all routes for about 64.5 miles then turns off

  1. ACP Brevet, 300k Ok is OK 300k - Aberfoyle
    1. 20hr time limit
    1. Starts Walmart
    2. Rides with longer rides until mile 91, then turns off
  1. ACP Brevet, 400k Ok is Ok 400
    1. 27hr time limit
    1. Same course as Day 1 of the 600k
    2. Ok is OK 400k and Day 1 of 600k_2019 Version

  1. ACP Brevet, 600k.  OK is OK 602km
    1. 40hr time limit
  1. ACP Brevet, Hound Dog 1000k
    1. 75hr time limit
[...]

Pam Wright

May 24, 2022, 11:15:22 AM5/24/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi all
More updates from Dans emails while we were riding.

With 2 delayed flights already, Dan and I are still trying to get home after Treasure Cove so here are the riders I know of for this coming wknd. Please send in your waiver(s) asap and help get the party started!

218k
Thomas Richardson - returning after last Rando ride in 2006!
DanD maybe
Rani maybe

400k
Doug Brining need waiver

600k
Vikram Jadhav
Stuart Hemphill
Brayton Lee

Pam Wright

Pam Wright

May 25, 2022, 1:06:04 PM5/25/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi all!
More riders for this coming wknd. Please send in your waiver(s) asap and help keep the party started :-)  Looking like a 6am start for the 400 & 600.

218k
Thomas Richardson - returning after last Rando ride in 2006!
DanD maybe
Rani maybe
Stephen Hazelton
Sharon Stevens

Pam Wright

May 26, 2022, 9:45:36 PM5/26/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi all!
Last update for this coming wknd and details are below. Not too late to send in your waiver(s) asap and help keep the party started :-)  Looking like a 6am start for the 400 & 600 and may have start times of 6a and 7a for the 200k depending on your preference

218k
Thomas Richardson - returning after last Rando ride in 2006!
DanD
Rani Freeman
Brenda Barnell
Stephen Hazelton - need waiver
Sharon Stevens
Pam maybe

400k
Doug Brining

StephenH

May 27, 2022, 1:17:20 PM5/27/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hey Pam,
Dan's got my waiver, so should be good there.
I'm leaning towards a daylight start so I don't have to fool with lights for a half-hour and all (so 7:00-ish, not 6:00-ish) but not confirmed yet.
Thanks,
Stephen H

Dan Driscoll

May 27, 2022, 1:21:28 PM5/27/22
to Stephen Hazelton, LSR Group
200km’ers are all planing to start at 7:00.

DD