May 18th 161 km Mean Green Century...and beyond.....

Dan Driscoll

May 8, 2024, 11:53:43 AMMay 8
to Talk...@googlegroups.com
LSR’s, Pam and I will be hosting a never been ridden before route (Rando Scout Point for all) created by Jerry Austin for your riding pleasure, this will happen May 18th, it’s 161 km and is called the Mean Green Century. It’s an out and back up to Denton, Texas. This ride will also satisfy one of the Rouleur Award requirements.

The ride will start from my house, as it’s just a few blocks to the start control.

We’ll get waivers and details out to the list soon….

The following weekend, May 25th, is our annual Memorial Day ride, Stephen will be Hosting the shorter rides and Pam the 600 and 1,000km's. We are offering an ACP 200km, 300km, 400km, 600km and 1,000km. Please let me know if you are thinking about the 600km or 1,000km. I’m working on getting a better rate for any that plan on staying at the Best Western. I do not know if the last day of the 1,000km is a perm or not, but bet Stephen does, it would be nice if it was a Brevet. The first day of the 600 and 1,000 km are an existing RUSA Brevet of 383 km, which is not on the calendar, but could be added, up until a week prior to the start, if someone wanted to ride with Pam, Amy and I, on the first day.

Hope you’ll make plans to join us,
DanD

StephenH

May 8, 2024, 1:35:32 PMMay 8
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
You can ride Day 2 of the Hound Dog as Beauregard The Wonder Dog II, ridden twice.  This is a one-way perm, and the only controls are the start and stop.  it follows the Hound Dog route outbound.  If you elect, you can follow the Hound Dog route back in also, and that will get you a few bonus miles.

Day 3 of the Hound Dog 1000k can be ridden as a perm via Is You Is Or Is You Ain't, ridden twice.  This is a one-way perm, and you can ride it out and back to cover the Day 3 route.  However, in Mount Pleasant, the Hound Dog turns around at the loop outside town, while the perm goes on into town to a store.  This adds about 1.7 miles each way, it looks like.  So if you keep a group together, everyone gets 3.4 bonus miles, or the 1000kers can chill while the permster does their bonus 3.4 miles.