120K Dart Pops Saturday September 4th in Willow Park

Gary Gottlieb

Aug 24, 2021, 8:35:30 AM8/24/21
to LSR E-Mail Group
LSR,

It is time to start making plans for the most fun you can have on a bicycle.  Yes the LSR Dart Pops are back!!!!

For those of you who have not done this before it goes like this:

I have created three 120K routes that are hilly as heck, have lots of turns, almost zero traffic, go around lakes, cross rivers, go past an animal park, go along golf courses, and ride on the prettiest roads that Parker County has to offer.  One route goes north, one goes west, and one goes south.  Then the routes cross each other and share some of the controls.  We all converge at the second to the last control which is a Wendy’s in Weatherford and then at exactly 2:00pm we all ride as teams the final 18 miles to the last control which is Fuzzy’s Taco Shop in Willow Park where we will all eat dinner together precisely at 4:00pm. Funny how that all works out.

This is a team event that counts towards a RUSA Cup and the new RUSA Rouler award!  We split up into teams of 3 to 5 bikes.  Tandems count as one bike so Dana and I will be on singles.

Usually we divide up into teams in the parking lot before we start, but if you have a team go ahead and let me know.  Also if there is a specific route you want let me know that too.

We roll at 8:00am from the Willow Park brevet start which is the southeast corner on I-20 and Ranch House Road in the Brookshire’s parking lot behind the Chevron station along the row of hedges.  Please arrive earlier than normal so we can establish teams, team captains, and assign routes.

Now to make this work we need riders. Two or three teams of 4 or 5 bikes each would be awesome.  So please sign up for a fun day of riding.

Now comes your homework assignment.

Attached to this email is the PDF waiver.  Fill it out, print it, sign it, photo or scan it, and email it to Dan.

Also attached to this email are the cue sheets for the three routes.  You can print them out if you want to, but I will have paper copies at the ride start.

Here are the three RWGPS links.  We will be using the RUSA Library Permanent versions. Load all three routes into your Garmin or Wahoo.

Springtown Poolville Pop (north route):

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33272971

Lake Weatherford Tin Top Pop (west route):

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33272952

Baker Tin Top Pop (south route):

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33272962

There will be no paper cards this time.  We will use my fun version of EPP.  Team captains will take photos of their teams at all of the controls (and along the routes if you want).  Take lots of good photos.  When we are done email or Air Drop them to Dan.

So far we have Gary G,. Dana P., Dan D., and Pam W.

See you soon in Willow Park!

Gary

Springtown Poolville Pop 122K Cue.pdf
Lake Weatherford Tin Top Pop 123K Cue.pdf
Baker Tin Top Pop 123K Cue.pdf
Dart Pop Waiver.pdf

Debbie Breaud

Aug 24, 2021, 9:29:08 AM8/24/21
to Gary Gottlieb, LSR E-Mail Group
Pick me! Pick me!!  Haha. I want to be on a team.. Springtown Poolville… or ??

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 24, 2021, at 7:35 AM, 'Gary Gottlieb' via Lone * Star * Randonneurs <Talk...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

LSR,

Tibor Tamas

Aug 24, 2021, 10:06:58 AM8/24/21
to Gary Gottlieb, LSR E-Mail Group
Thank you Gary for hosting. Please count me in.

Dan Driscoll

Aug 24, 2021, 10:23:16 AM8/24/21
to Gary Gottlieb, LSR Group
For anyone wanting to earn the New RUSA Rouleur Award this is a requirement and there may not be another chance before year end, when the Award Clock Clicks to a New Award Year.

If you know someone that’s been thinking about Rando rides, this is a good slow paced team event.

DanD
<Baker Tin Top Pop 123K Cue.pdf>

Michael Misner

Aug 24, 2021, 10:52:00 AM8/24/21
to Gary Gottlieb, LSR E-Mail Group
Count me in Gary. Will be a great day.

Mike

Delwin Andrews

Aug 24, 2021, 12:20:11 PM8/24/21
to Michael Misner, Gary Gottlieb, LSR E-Mail Group
Please count me in! this sounds interesting.

Thanks,
Delwin

mmisnercpa

Aug 24, 2021, 4:27:04 PM8/24/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hey Gary -

Can you put me down for Lake Weatherford?

Mike