"Whiskey River 145k Populaire" to be added on September 18, 2021

StephenH

Aug 29, 2021, 5:18:14 PM8/29/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hey folks,
We'll be adding a 145k Pop to the calendar for September 18, 2021.  This will be the Whiskey River 145k Populaire, out of Alvarado.
I'll have more information posted in a couple of weeks.  This may fit a slot on your "Rouleur Award", so join in.  If you'd rather ride Wild Willie or Red Bandana, they're available as perms and share the same first 32 miles or so.
More later,
Stephen H

Trivia:  The song "Whiskey River" was written and recorded by Johnny Bush in 1972.  Willie Nelson recorded a studio version in 1973 and released it on an album.  In 1978, Willie released a different version from a live performance as a single, and that's the version I remember hearing on the radio.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSYEvTni79M

Delwin Andrews

Aug 30, 2021, 5:43:02 PM8/30/21
to StephenH, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi Stephen,

Please count me in,thanks for organising this ride. I try to explore as many new routes in Dallas area to get familiar with country side of Texas!

Thanks
Delwin