9/11 ACP Centenary Ride

Pam Wright

Sep 4, 2021, 7:12:12 PM9/4/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi all,

While you're looking ahead, Dan and I are hosting the On The Rando Road Again ACP 200k Brevet Saturday 9/11 and would love company!  September 11th, 2021 is the 100th anniversary of the first Audax Club Parisien allure libre 200km brevet in 1921.  Be a part of this special anniversary celebration around the world by riding a 200k brevet.  You know the drill...please RSVP with a signed waiver (attached) emailed to Dan and me.
  • $5 RUSA Ride Fee - All riders are required to pay a $5 insurance fee, per ride, IN ADVANCE OF RIDING.  This will go directly to RUSA, so please get with Dan (dandri...@me.com) and pay in advance into a "piggy bank" for yourself (you can pay in advance for multiple rides and save lots of hassle).  You are not allowed to pay after the ride.
  • Start Info:
    • Start:  Dan's Shack.  2811 Hollywood Dr. Arlington, 76013.
    • Park:  Please park on any street and please don't block any driveways or mailboxes.
    • Cue Sheet:  Please print your own cue sheet from RWGPS or Excel cue attached for your formatting pleasure!
    • Start:   Group start at 7:15am.  Feel free to select your own time before noon.
    • Time Limit:  13:30 is the allowed time.  This is an ACP event so we don't get extra time for the additional 10km.
    • Night Gear:  Night gear is definitely recommended because Sun is 7:09-7:39, so if you use more than about 12 hours, you will definitely need to have it with you.  Headlights, taillights, reflective gear all required.
  • Route:  Basically an out and back from Dan's to Carl's Corner (Willie's ol' place!), with a couple new roads thrown in.   Stores are plentiful (miles 7.5, 18, 31.5, 33, 45, 53, 65, 76, 84, 96, 98, 111, 115, 124, 125.5) and weather may still be a booger, so please prepare for heat... electrolytes, fluids, camelbak, sunscreen, etc.
  • OnTheRandoRoadAgain 210k reroute
  • WAIVERS:  Attached is a fillable RUSA waiver.  Unless otherwise arranged, I will not have copies at the ride start.  Sign, date, scan, and email the waiver to Dan (dandri...@me.com) prior to the ride start, and please let me know you're riding as well.
  • PROOF OF PASSAGE:  Please plan to provide your GPS file, time-stamped selfies at each control and/or store receipts.  After you finish, please text your proof of passage, RUSA # AND TOTAL TIME to Dan.   YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUBMITTING YOUR FINISH TIME AND RUSA# TO DAN.
Please note:
Randonneuring inherently involves various hazards, and riders assume all risks associated with the activity.  Hazards include, but are not limited to, motor vehicles; other cyclists; loose dogs, livestock or wild animals; road flaws including cracks, potholes, ridges, gratings, rumble strips, sand or gravel; lightning, heat, cold, ice, or other hazardous weather; mechanical failures; fatigue; medical conditions; assault.  All routes are on public roads or paths, and neither the route nor any flaws in the road surface are marked.  All routes are unsupported.  Riders will be required to sign and submit the attached waiver prior to riding.  Please read it, as you are signing away some rights and are responsible for knowing what you sign.

Please ask any questions and I will post RSVPs and any updates to this email string.   Weather looking great (and hot) so far.   Ciao for now and holler back with questions!  Looking forward to getting back in the swing of things :)

Pam Wright
_RUSAWaiver RandoRoadSept11.pdf
On The Rando Road Again Cue only.xls

Pam Wright

Sep 5, 2021, 5:02:03 PM9/5/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi All,

Jerry pointed out I got the gps right, but wasn't thinking straight and attached the original cue.  (sorry 'bout that)
  • GPS is the same: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37267557
  • Cue sheets:  Updated cues attached.  For those like me with limited h'bar space, there's a 2-column version I'll be using, in addition to the full page.  Options!
Pam Wright

Pam Wright

Sep 5, 2021, 5:02:40 PM9/5/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
On The Rando Road Again Cue only.xls

Pam Wright

Sep 8, 2021, 4:18:41 PM9/8/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi all,
Here's the riders so far and for anyone, like Pat Nolan, interested in 100k, please sign up for the Rando Alvarado perm #00969 on your RUSA membership page.  The rides will stay together for the first 33 miles or so, then 100k will turn around.

210k RSVPs
Sue S
Debbie B
Gary G
Dana P
Dan D
Pam W
Sharon S
StephenH

100k RSVPs
TBD

  • Cue sheets:  Updated cues attached.  For those like me with limited h'bar space, there's a 2-column version I'll be using, in addition to the full page.  Options!

    Email your signed waiver to Dan and me, so we'll know who's coming and send your $5 ride fee to Dan, preferably using PayPal "Friends and Family" to Dans...@flash.net.

    Ciao for now,
    Pam

    _RUSAWaiver RandoRoadSept11.pdf
    On The Rando Road Again Cue only.xls

    Dan Driscoll

    Sep 8, 2021, 4:34:25 PM9/8/21
    to Pam Wright Home, LSR Group
    Please Add…
    Dan DeKalb
    Mike M.
    Del
    David H.
    Karen H.
    Danial S.
    Tibor T.

    Please send Waiver everyone……

    DanD

    <_RUSAWaiver RandoRoadSept11.pdf><On The Rando Road Again Cue only.xls>

    Dan Driscoll

    Sep 8, 2021, 10:19:01 PM9/8/21
    to LSR Group, Pam Wright Home
    Stop the Presses and Alert the Media….

    A couple of long lost Randos are on the prowl….
    Please Also Add…
    Rain Girl
    Braddy