Upcoming Rides:
First off, on October 3rd, we have a 600k ACP brevet scheduled, with separate RUSA brevets to just ride Day 1 or Day 2, to be hosted by Pam or Dan. If you have, or may have, any interest in riding that, please contact them NOW so they can keep you apprised of details and scheduling there.
September 19, 2026: My tentative plan is to ride a one-way perm, Marquez Mosey, that goes from Corsicana to Marquez on Saturday, and return on Sunday. If you're interested, let me know, and I can get you more details. The route is 87 miles each way. (And, fyi, Marquez is pronounced mar-KAY.) This is a new route that has not been ridden. Some of it is on roads we ride a lot, some on roads I've ridden in the distant past, and some on roads I haven't ridden.
September 26, 2026: I am hosting Velma and Jo, a 200k ACP brevet that starts in St. Jo, Texas, and goes north to Velma, OK and back. The nearest regular motels to St Jo are in Gainesville, around 22 miles east. I have ridden this one time. It is a fairly decent route, mainly flat, with a few hills here and there to keep you interested (or irritated, as the case may be). I'll have a separate note with more info posted later.
If there is any interest, we could also look at riding the following day in that area, probably either Era Tower 103k or Bolivar to Muenster 102k These are both perms. Bolivar to Muenster 102k is also a brevet/Populaire and could be added to the schedule if there is any interest.
And, if any of y'all are interested, "End to End and Back Again" was the 200k perm we rode today out of West. It worked out pretty well, except for heat, so y'all go try it sometime.
Thanks,
Stephen H
stephen...@yahoo.com