Decatur Dash 113k brevet - Saturday, 2022.06.04

Tibor Tamas

May 31, 2022, 11:34:03 AM5/31/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs

On June 4th, Decatur Dash 113k brevet is being offered. This is a low traffic, somewhat scenic route that turns around in Decatur.

As usual, if you're a yes or a maybe, please print, sign and email photos of your waiver to Dan and me.

The details:

  • Make sure you have money in your piggy bank, as Dan will take $5 RUSA Ride Fee for this ride - All riders are required to pay a $5 insurance fee per ride, IN ADVANCE OF RIDING.  This will go directly to RUSA, so please get with Dan (dandri...@me.com) and pay in advance into a "piggy bank" for yourself (you can pay in advance for multiple rides and save lots of hassle).  You are not allowed to pay after the ride.  If you pay by PayPal PLEASE be sure to send as "Friends and Family!"
  • Start Info:
  • Services: pretty plentiful in Northlake and there is a store in Justin.  Known services are marked on the cue sheet.
  • Cue SheetPlease print your own cue sheet.  Not all info has been transferred to the GPS files.
  • Night GearNot required

 WAIVERS:  Attached is the RUSA waiver.  Unless otherwise arranged, I will not have copies at the ride start.  Sign, date, scan, and email the waiver to Dan (dandri...@me.com) and me by Thursday, June 2nd.

  • CUE SHEETS:  Attached. Unless otherwise arranged, I will not have copies at the ride start.
  • PROOF OF PASSAGE:  Please plan to provide your GPS file, time-stamped selfies at each control and/or store receipts.  After you finish, please email your proof of passage and RUSA # to Dan. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TEXTING YOUR RUSA # AND FINISH INFO TO DAN.

Please note:

Randonneuring inherently involves various hazards, and riders assume all risks associated with the activity.  Hazards include, but are not limited to, motor vehicles; other cyclists; loose dogs, livestock or wild animals; road flaws including cracks, potholes, ridges, gratings, rumble strips, sand or gravel; lightning, heat, cold, ice, or other hazardous weather; mechanical failures; fatigue; medical conditions; assault.  All routes are on public roads or paths, and neither the route nor any flaws in the road surface are marked.  All routes are unsupported.  Riders will be required to sign and submit the attached waiver prior to riding.  Please read it, as you are signing away some rights and are responsible for knowing what you sign.

Please ask any questions and I will post RSVPs and any updates to this email string.

Tibor Tamas

Decatur Dash cue sheet.pdf
Decatur Dash 113k waiver.pdf

Tibor Tamas

May 31, 2022, 11:45:00 AM5/31/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Decatur Dash RidewithGPS link is on LSR's website

Tibor Tamas

Jun 2, 2022, 1:47:03 PM6/2/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Riders so far for the Decatur Dash ride.

Still not too late to send your signed waiver, even if you are a maybe.

Dan. D
Pam W.
Rani F.
Brenda B.
Tibor T.

Dan Driscoll

Jun 2, 2022, 1:53:34 PM6/2/22
to Tibor Tamas, LSR Group
This is a new route that Tibor has graciously created for LSR, and would be a Rando Scout for anyone that completed it.

It’s not often when someone creates a brand new route for us to ride, thank you Tibor !!!

I plan to enjoy the company at a conversational pace.

DanD

Tibor Tamas

Jun 3, 2022, 9:34:35 AM6/3/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Riders so far for the Decatur Dash ride.

Still not too late to send your signed waiver, even if you are a maybe.

Dan. D
Pam W.
Rani F.
Brenda B.