May 11, 2024, Where to ride?

StephenH

May 7, 2024, 1:36:14 PMMay 7
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
I'm hoping to get out on a weekend (2-day) adventure this weekend.  We've got several 1-way perms to choose from, so if anyone is interested, let me know.  If you have a preference on ride length or difficulty, let me know.  And if someone's cooking up a regular 200k, post the news and you may have others come join you.

Routes I'm looking at:
Possibly "Half A Huff".  If so, I may do some rerouting at the start:  https://ridewithgps.com/routes/41527602  This is 200k each way, some trafficky sections at both ends, has been ridden once.
Possibly "Beauregard The Wonder Dog II", which has never been ridden in current form.  This is part of the Hound Dog routes, includes the Mineola-Gilmer segment of the Canton routes.  Around 97 miles each way.    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35965371
Possibly "Jewett Do-It".  This is Flea-Market weekend, so motel prices jump a bit.  https://ridewithgps.com/routes/44640912
Only 85 miles or so, but you can start in daylight, finish mid-afternoon, and not be completely toasted.  And still have time to buy junk at the flea market, which I've never been to.
Possibly "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't", https://ridewithgps.com/routes/32969514 .  This is also part of the Hound Dog routes, and is Winnsboro Wander plus a segment out to Mt Pleasant.  Around 90 miles each way.

Holler if interested.
Stephen H