Saturday 100k

Pam Wright

Aug 15, 2021, 3:14:04 PM8/15/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi all

Dan and I need to remember how to ride a bike so are looking forward to 100k next Saturday.

Lemme know if you’d like to join us… and maybe join us afterwards to celebrate a big ol Danimal birthday :-). Spankings and cards encouraged!

Sent from Pam's phone
Please pardon misspellings and/or short responses.

mmisnercpa

Aug 15, 2021, 3:54:27 PM8/15/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
I’m in.

Debbie Breaud

Aug 15, 2021, 5:04:45 PM8/15/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs, Pam Wright
Welcome back! I would like to join the ride and the party!

Debbie

David Hall

Aug 16, 2021, 7:51:00 PM8/16/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hey not sure which sounds more fun... the riding or the spanking !!

This is also ... I'm thinking kind of one of those big deal birthdays for Dan... so much spanking in order

What route are we thinking??

Tibor Tamas

Aug 16, 2021, 7:53:30 PM8/16/21
to David Hall, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
How about riding and spanking at the same time, eh? 🤔🤣😂

Charlie Martin

Aug 16, 2021, 7:56:53 PM8/16/21
to Tibor Tamas, David Hall, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Interesting idea Tibor. I'm imagining some sort of rotating paceline with Dan in the middle for easy access.

- Charlie

David Hall

Aug 17, 2021, 10:23:51 PM8/17/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
So... if we ride Maypearl Metric which is a very fun ride !!

Big hill on the way out ... well that is bad ..... BUT ! a big DOWNHILL on the way back which is in my opinion VERY GOOD !!

So with Dan ... you know big birthday and all... what do we do at the end???  just set him on fire and go get some lunch?
Or set him on fire and spank him until the fire goes out???   I'm somewhat confused actually ?? : )

Or take him somewhere and buy him some lunch... maybe some tacky cards are in order??   Maybe we set him on fire at lunch ???
We need guidance (and a LOT !! of candles)

Delwin Andrews

Aug 17, 2021, 11:05:40 PM8/17/21
to Pam Wright, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
I like to participate this ride!

Thanks,
Delwin

Pam Wright

Aug 18, 2021, 10:43:39 PM8/18/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi all,

Plans are firming up for Saturday's 100k.  If you join us for the ride, please be sure to register with RUSA before rolling.  And if you want to meet us for lunch afterwards, lemme know and I'll try to text you a better arrival time and make sure we get enough seats!
  • Start:  Oasis @ Joe Pool (restrooms at the parking lot and a store, but VERY minimal options at the store.  Best to load up before arrive)  https://goo.gl/maps/i8FkkKJ8kpguKSF59
  • GPS:  Maypearl Metric viaVenus 62mi
  • RUSA:  Register for Maypearl Metric #00032
  • 7:00am wheels rolling
  • 1:48pm Time cutoff
  • Lunch after at The Oasis... I'm bringing cake!  (estimate 1230ish)
We will need to add 1.4 miles somewhere (the stretch about mile 31 is an easy, flat, low traffic spot before the control) to meet the 63.5mile requirement, but this will cut a couple miles off Lake Ridge on the return on what will probably be a high-traffic time.

Riders so far:
  • Dan Dan the birthday Man :)
  • Stephen
  • Sharon
  • David
  • Delwin
  • Gary
  • Dana
  • Tibor
  • Debbie
  • Mike
  • Pam

Pam Wright

mmisnercpa

Aug 19, 2021, 12:01:17 AM8/19/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hey Pam you can count me in for lunch. Looking forward to it.

Angela Tortorice

Aug 19, 2021, 8:26:02 AM8/19/21
to Pam Wright, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Y'all all have fun out there and happy Birthday to Dan. I am still riding just not like you guys, but I am still going strong on the marathons. Guess I will run one for Dan in Wyoming this weekend! Have fun and be safe!

Dan Driscoll

Aug 19, 2021, 8:46:36 AM8/19/21
to Angela Tortorice, LSR Group
Thank you, I’ve never had anyone run a marathon for me before….

We really do miss ya, we’ve been riding a lot more 100 kms at a social pace, and would love to get to see ya……

Just do it, DanD