UPDATE: RUSA 123Km Populaire Saturday April 16th from Willow Park

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 13, 2022, 7:20:25 PM4/13/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
UPDATE:

Rider list so far:

Gary G., Dana P., Dan D., Pam W., Debbie B., Sue S., Rani F.

INFORMATION:

On Saturday April 16th LSR has a 123K RUSA Populaire with a group start time of 9:00am from Willow Park.

Pay attention because there are three attachments to this email that require some work on your part.

Step 1: Open the attached Waiver PDF, fill it out, print it, sign it, scan or photo it, email it to Dan Driscoll dandri...@me.com and Gary Gottlieb gary.p....@me.com.  Do this no later than 7:00pm the night before the brevet.  Keep the signed paper copy and bring it with you to the ride start.

Step 2: Open the attached Cue Sheet PDF, print it, bring it with you to the ride start.  You will need to use the cue sheet because currently the RWGPS file just has the route for a map and turn-by-turn navigation.  It does not have the control information in it like we have done with the permanents.

Step 3: Go to this URL https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33272971 and load that route into your Wahoo or Garmin if you have one of those.  Make sure you are using the route that is titled “#02127 - Springtown Poolville Pop”.

Step 4: Open the attached Parking Map PDF, print it, keep it with you so you know where to park.

On the day of the ride you are welcome to ride with the group that will start at 9:00am or you can start anytime between 7:30am and noon.

This populaire will use EPP.  Take selfies at all of the controls, or save your receipts, or keep your GPS track, or better yet do two of these or all three.  If Dan asks you for your proof of passage be prepared to email the stuff to Dan.

When you finish the ride text your elapsed time and RUSA number to Dan Driscoll.

This route is one we have never done as a pop.  It is the northern Dart Pop route.  The route goes north from Willow park to Springtown and Poolville on some very scenic and hilly roads.  On the way back we tour the old part of Weatherford before heading back to Willow Park from our favorite truck stop.  And you guessed it; this another ride that will count towards a Rouler award and a Rando Scout point.

After the ride Dana and I are going to eat a late lunch at Fuzzy’s Taco next to the ride start. You are welcome to join us.

Please email me to get on the ride list.  You must email your waiver to Dan and me before you ride.  There are no exceptions to this policy.

There is a $5.00 fee for this ride that Dan pays.  Make sure you have made arrangements with Dan so that he can pay RUSA when he enters the results.  You are required to pay prior to the ride start or have money in the LSR Piggy Bank.

RUSA and LSR membership are required for this ride.

Please reply to me and Dan concerning this event off list.  I will post any additional details as updates to the original email string.

There is a motel next to the ride start.  It’s a Quality Inn.  Here is their phone number: (817) 764-2515.  Or you can book online at www.choicehotels.com

OK then, let’s have a good time doing a fun route.

See you on the road,

Gary

Springtown Poolville Pop 123K Cue 9am.pdf
Pop Waiver.pdf
Park at Brookshires 100 and 210.pdf

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 15, 2022, 2:39:33 PM4/15/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
UPDATE:

Its now a party!!!

Rider list so far:

Gary G., Dana P., Dan D., Pam W., Debbie B., Sue S., Rani F., Tibor T., Brenda B.
Springtown Poolville Pop 123K Cue 9am.pdf
Pop Waiver.pdf
Park at Brookshires 100 and 210.pdf

Dan Driscoll

Apr 15, 2022, 4:32:07 PM4/15/22
to Gary Gottlieb, LSR Group
The ladies out number the dudes two to one.

Hot Damn we are Lucky boys……

DD

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 15, 2022, 8:35:15 PM4/15/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
UPDATE:

Its now a party!!!

Rider list so far:

Gary G., Dana P., Dan D., Pam W., Debbie B., Sue S., Rani F., Tibor T., Brenda B., Patrick O.