Let's do this ;=)

Dan Driscoll

Jun 7, 2022, 2:53:12 PM6/7/22
to LSR Group, Tibor Tamas
Friends, It’s going to be HOT out there this weekend, please pack everything you could possibly need to get you though the ride safely. You are about as experienced of Rando as there are anywhere, but just a reminder, Camelbaks, Electrolytes…….

We’ll do our best to ride together and watch out for each other, but also work to get down the road in a Heat Appropriate, but steady pace. No rushing through the controls once it gets HOT, stops under shade trees as requested, lots of ice……..Maybe a nice dinner to help stay out of the heat at the hottest part of the day?

The plan is for a group start at 7:00am, but if you’d like to start earlier that’s fine, it may not get you out of the hottest part of the day, but if you think it’s in your best interest, go for it, just let Tibor or I know. Also if you’d rather do an evening start Friday or Saturday and ride all night that’s fine, too. I’ll ask that you text us when you start please with RUSA #, your name, and your official start time.

Also as is our Standard Operating Procedure’s, text me when you finish with RUSA #, your name, and your total time, for several reasons, but one is to know you are safe and finished. If you’d like to text at other controls that’s not required, but cool. Don’t start the ride with out my phone # in your phone.

Heat Acclimation here we come ;=) As is typical for LSR, we only have one more 300km on the calendar and nothing longer, until the end of September (Fall), so it will be mainly 200kms and less from here on out. If you’d like to Host a ride let us know, please, it would be sweet to break in some new Host’s ;=)

A misunderstanding on my part, led to us not having medals till latter, but we’ll pay for them, and present them to you as soon as they arrive and we see ya next.

DanD

Lawson Reilly

Jun 7, 2022, 6:18:51 PM6/7/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
I would love to do an evening/night start if anyone else is interested.  For me, trading humidity with sun is usually a good thing  : )

See you all this weekend!
Becky Reilly

Tibor Tamas

Jun 7, 2022, 6:36:47 PM6/7/22
to Lawson Reilly, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
I am planning on an evening/night start on Friday. Anyone else?