Country Roads Ramble 200k ACP brevet and Maypearl Metric 101k Populaire on April 6th

Peter Rajcani

Apr 1, 2024, 11:09:08 PMApr 1
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi LSRs,

I am very excited to host my first event! Come join us this Saturday (April 6th) for the Country Roads Ramble 200k ACP brevet and Maypearl Metric 101k Populaire. Both routes start at Lynn Creek Marina in Grand Prairie. The Country Roads Ramble is a brand-new route that I created, and it was just recently approved, so it qualifies for Rando scout points.

The Events: Country Roads Ramble 200k ACP brevet and Maypearl Metric 101k Populaire.
When:  Saturday, April 6th, 2024.
Start time: 7:30 am for the 200k, TBD for the 100k
Where:  Lynn Creek Marina, 5700 Lake Ridge Pkwy, Grand Prairie, TX 75052. I checked with the marina, and we can park there, but we need to use the parking lot on the left away from the marina entrance. Please do not park in the front of the marina.
The routes:
Country Roads Ramble: ridewithgps.com/routes/45506497
Maypearl Metric 101k: ridewithgps.com/routes/38064993

The Country Roads Ramble 200k route was designed to use low-traffic backcountry roads as much as possible. The route goes north from the marina and loops around Joe Pool Lake using the new bike paths along Camp Wisdom road and along FM-1382, then continues through Cedar Hill, Ovilla, Maypearl, Grandview and Cleburne and then loops back to Grand Prairie through Alvarado. The controls are at stores in Ovilla (mile 23), Maypearl (mile 51), Grandview (mi 65), Cleburne (mi 83), Egan (mi 95) and a photo control in Alvarado (mi 103). There is also a grocery store around mile 107 if you need to resupply for the final stretch.

The 100k route has a control / store in Maypearl, about halfway.

Caution:
1. There is construction on the 2nd bridge across Joe Pool Lake, this bridge is used only in the 100k route. The 4-lane road is restricted to 2 lanes across the bridge, please be careful when crossing the bridge.
2. There are several dogs along the 200k route. When I rode it a few weeks ago, there was an aggressive dog before Grandview (CR 102, mi 63) and a few dogs between Grandview and Cleburne. Also watch for dogs along CR 509 northeast of Alvarado.
3. The 200k route contains a very short gravel section (0.2 mi) few miles past Maypearl, I had no issues riding it on a road bike.

All riders need to be RUSA members.  See the RUSA website for details.
All riders need to be Lone Star Randonneur members.  See the LSR site for details.
All riders need to sign a waiver, waivers for both routes. Fill it out, print it, sign it, scan it, and email to both Dan and myself.  And bring the original to the ride start. if you are undecided on which route to ride, please sign both waivers.
The waivers need to be emailed by 7pm on Friday

As of right now, the forecast shows partly cloudy, high of 77, low 60, wind from SSE at 19 mph. This means headwind on the way out and a tailwind on the way back.

Please contact me or Dan with any questions, and check back for updates.

Peter R

Maypearl Metric 101 cue sheet.pdf
Country Roads Ramble cue sheet.pdf
Country Roads Ramble Waiver.pdf
Maypearl Metric 101 Waiver.pdf

Dan Driscoll

Apr 1, 2024, 11:17:19 PMApr 1
to Peter Rajcan, B RG -LSR Group
Big Thanks, Peter…

Pam and I are looking forward to it !!!

Let me know if you did not get my waiver, it’s already sent.

See ya Saturday,
DanD
<Maypearl Metric 101 cue sheet.pdf><Country Roads Ramble cue sheet.pdf><Country Roads Ramble Waiver.pdf><Maypearl Metric 101 Waiver.pdf>

Peter Rajcani

Apr 4, 2024, 12:03:57 AMApr 4
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Rider list so far (waiver received):
200k:
Dan
Pam
Jim Howell
Michael
Peter
Debbie

100k:
Debbie

I made a small mistake in my original email regarding parking at the marina. Please park in the parking lot on the right not on the left. We need to park away from the marina entrance. Sorry for the confusion about this

Weather forecast: high 77, low: 55, cloudy, 20 mph S wind. The route is a loop so we will only have headwind on first 30-40 miles.

If you are planning to ride and you are not listed, please send in your waiver.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Rajcani

Apr 4, 2024, 11:08:27 PMApr 4
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi everyone,

Here is updated rider list:

200k:
Dan
Pam
Jim Howell
Michael
Peter
Debbie
Gary
Dana
Joe

100k:
Debbie

Looking forward to the ride on Saturday!

Peter

Pam Wright

Apr 5, 2024, 4:50:09 PMApr 5
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs, Peter Rajcani
Hi all,

About a month ago, I rode from the Marina and called the store.  "Jonathon" told me it was good to park near the restrooms as in the past.

With Peter's note, looks like that has changed, which is good to know.  For last time, I made this sign to put in my windshield.  Regardless of where we park this time, I'll have it ready for my car!

Feel free to print for yourself....

Pam Wright

_PARKING LYNN CREEK.docx

Peter Rajcani

Apr 5, 2024, 10:48:48 PMApr 5
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs, Pam Wright
Thank you, Pam. I called the marina last week and they confirmed that it is OK to park in the parking lot on the right as long as we don't park at the marina entrance.

Rider list remains unchanged.

Forecast for tomorrow: 63 at the start, mostly cloudy, 13 mph wind from SSE; high of 77, winds increasing to 19 mph by 11 am.

Looking forward to see everyone tomorrow!

Peter

Peter Rajcani

Apr 7, 2024, 2:15:54 PMApr 7
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs, Pam Wright
Thanks everyone who attended the ride yesterday! Dan posted pictures from the ride on the LSR Facebook page. The route is available as a permanent so it can be ridden at any time:

Take care,

Peter

Pam Wright

Apr 7, 2024, 9:05:42 PMApr 7
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Really gorgeous route Peter and loved some of the newly-opened roads you found to add more options!  Bonus was the awesome accident of the route going right by Vickie and Bill's house and getting to see them made that headwind WAY more worth it :)

Thanks for pulling it all together!

Pam Wright

Peter Rajcani

Apr 7, 2024, 11:21:47 PMApr 7
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs, Pam Wright
Hi Pam,

You are welcome. I am glad that enjoyed the route. Going right by Vicky's house was a bonus!