What to Ride, October 3rd, 2026

16 views
Skip to first unread message

StephenH

unread,
Sep 30, 2026, 10:53:21 PM (5 days ago) Sep 30
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
I was hoping to get in a 200k-230k Saturday the 3rd out of Waxahachie or somewhere else down south.
Meanwhile, there's a lot of moisture forecasted, and the rain chances are different every time I look.
But, one thing I do in cases like this is ponder "Would it be better if I went to..."
Well, here's what I found killing a few minutes checking different places on weather.com.
Observation:  Some of the differences are liable to level out closer to the date (so wet places get drier and dry places get wetter).
It's also possible to have a whole bunch of moisture in the forecast, and it just kind of all goes away, too.
Anywho, results, best forecast to worst (percentages are percent chance of rain):

Norman, OK- 10% Partly Cloudy Saturday, 7% Partly Cloudy Sunday
Wichita Falls, TX- 11% AM Clouds/PM Sun Saturday, 16% Partly Cloudy Sunday
Abilene, TX- 11% Cloudy Saturday, 24% Partly Cloudy Sunday
Mineral Wells, TX- 22% Cloudy Saturday, 37% AM Showers Sunday
Midland, TX- 34% AM Showers Saturday, 11% Partly Cloudy Sunday
San Angelo, TX- 35% AM Showers Saturday, 24% Partly Cloudy Sunday
Sherman, TX- 38% Showers Saturay, 24% Partly Cloudy Sunday
Antlers, OK- 40% AM Showers Saturday, 12% Partly Cloudy Sunday
Shreveport, LA 42% PM Showers Saturday, 46% AM Showers Sunday
Fredericksburg, TX 43% Showers Saturday, 41% Showers Sunday
Gilmer, TX  47% Showers Saturday, 44% AM Showers Sunday
Greenville, TX- 49% Showers Saturday, 24% Mostly Cloudy Sunday
San Antonio- 51% AM Showers Saturday, 24% Cloudy Sunday
Garland- 52% Showers Saturday, 22% AM Clouds PM Sun Sunday
Salado, TX- 59% Showers Saturday, 36% AM Showers Sunday
Waxahachie- 59% Showers Saturday, 31% AM Showers Sunday
Robinson- 61% Showers Saturday, 34% AM Showers Sunday
Conroe, TX  61% Showers Saturday, 54% Showers Sunday
Italy- 64% Showers Saturday, 37% AM Showers Sunday
Brookshire, TX  77% Rain Saturday, 50% Showers Sunday
Beaumont, TX  81% Rain Saturday, 60% Showers Sunday

I've been known to drive halfway across the state to avoid the rain.  On the other hand, I'm not going to drive halfway across the state to ride with 50% chance of rain if it's 60% at home, either.
If the forecast stays "bad", I may not decide what to do until Friday afternoon/evening.  But if you're interested in what I come up with, shoot me an email and I'll keep you posted.  I think Dan and Amy are looking at different options as well.

Stephen H
stephen...@yahoo.com
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages