June 11, 2022 - 200k brevet & 300k centenary brevet

Tibor Tamas

May 31, 2022, 9:13:15 AM5/31/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs

On June 11th, there are two rides being offered: a 200k brevet and a 300k centenary brevet that will earn you a medal.

As usual, if you're a yes or a maybe, please print, sign and email photos of your waivers to Dan and me.  You can send waivers in for multiple distances and wait to decide til closer to ride start.

The details:

  • Make sure you have money in your piggy bank, as Dan will take $5 RUSA Ride Fee for the 200k & and $10 for the 300k (medal included)  - All riders are required to pay a $5 insurance fee, per ride ($10 for the 300k), IN ADVANCE OF RIDING.  This will go directly to RUSA, so please get with Dan (dandri...@me.com) and pay in advance into a "piggy bank" for yourself (you can pay in advance for multiple rides and save lots of hassle).  You are not allowed to pay after the ride.  If you pay by PayPal PLEASE be sure to send as "Friends and Family!"
  • Start Info:
    • Tiger Mart - 110 L R Campbell Rd, Italy, TX 76651
    • Group start 07:00 -  Individuals can start anytime before Noon.
    • START TIME MAY BE ADJUSTED EARLIER FOR THE LONGER RIDES IF YOU WILL LET ME KNOW ASAP IF YOU'D PREFER TO START EARLIER.
    • All routes officially start at TigerMart.
    • Park behind Denny's
  • Services:  pretty plentiful in Italy and stores along the way.  Known services are marked on the cue sheets.
  • Cue SheetPlease print your own cue sheet.  Not all info has been transferred to the GPS files.
  • Night GearRequired for 300k.  Sun is 6:20a-8:37p
  1. ACP Brevet, 211K  La Bella Rani Duecento 211
    1. Starts TigerMart
    2. Rides with all routes for about 64.5 miles then turns off

  1. ACP Brevet, 300k Ok is OK 300k - Aberfoyle
    1. Starts TigerMart
    2. Rides with longer rides until mile 91, then turns off
  • WAIVERS:  Attached are files for the RUSA waiver.  Unless otherwise arranged, I will not have copies at the ride start.  Sign, date, scan, and email the waiver to Dan (dandri...@me.com) and me by Thursday, June 2nd.
  • CUE SHEETS:  Attached.   Unless otherwise arranged, I will not have copies at the ride start.
  • PROOF OF PASSAGE:  Please plan to provide your GPS file, time-stamped selfies at each control and/or store receipts.  After you finish, please email your proof of passage and RUSA # to Dan. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TEXTING YOUR RUSA # AND FINISH INFO TO DAN.

Please note:

Randonneuring inherently involves various hazards, and riders assume all risks associated with the activity.  Hazards include, but are not limited to, motor vehicles; other cyclists; loose dogs, livestock or wild animals; road flaws including cracks, potholes, ridges, gratings, rumble strips, sand or gravel; lightning, heat, cold, ice, or other hazardous weather; mechanical failures; fatigue; medical conditions; assault.  All routes are on public roads or paths, and neither the route nor any flaws in the road surface are marked.  All routes are unsupported.  Riders will be required to sign and submit the attached waiver prior to riding.  Please read it, as you are signing away some rights and are responsible for knowing what you sign.

Please ask any questions and I will post RSVPs and any updates to this email string.

Tibor Tamas

La Bella Rani Trecento 308k Waiver.pdf
La BellaRani Duecento 211K Waiver.pdf
La_BellaRani_Duecento 211k cue sheet.pdf
La_Bella_Rani_Trecento_308k cue sheet.pdf
300k medal.jpeg

Dan Driscoll

May 31, 2022, 9:40:34 AM5/31/22
to Tibor Tamas, LSR Group
Thank you for Hosting, Tibor

I’m up for the 300 km, see ya there.

DanD
<La Bella Rani Trecento 308k Waiver.pdf><La BellaRani Duecento 211K Waiver.pdf><La_BellaRani_Duecento 211k cue sheet.pdf><La_Bella_Rani_Trecento_308k cue sheet.pdf><300k medal.jpeg>

Tibor Tamas

May 31, 2022, 11:06:22 AM5/31/22
to LSR Group
Hi all - the 300k link is incorrect.

Correct link for La Bella Rani Trecento 308k. Also, all rides are listed on the LSR website

Tibor

Tibor Tamas

Jun 6, 2022, 10:36:51 AM6/6/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Riders so far for the 200 & 300k rides.

Still not too late to send your signed waiver, even if you are a maybe.

200k
Debbie B.

300K
Dan. D
Michael M.
Tibor T.

Tibor Tamas

Jun 6, 2022, 1:56:04 PM6/6/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Riders so far for the 200 & 300k rides.

Still not too late to send your signed waiver, even if you are a maybe.

200k
Debbie B.
Sharon S.
Stephen H.
Pam W.

300K
Dan. D
Michael M.
Pam W.
Sharon S.
Stephen H.
Tibor T.

Debbie Breaud

Jun 6, 2022, 8:13:10 PM6/6/22
to Tibor Tamas, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Tibor,

I have loaded both routes In case no one rides the 200k, I will have both.

Debbie

Tibor Tamas

Jun 7, 2022, 7:37:37 PM6/7/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs

Riders so far for the 200 & 300k rides.

Still not too late to send your signed waiver, even if you are a maybe.

200k

Debbie B.

Sharon S.

Stephen H.

Pam W.

Susan S.

300K

Dan. D

Michael M.

Pam W.

Sharon S.

Stephen H.

Debbie B.

Susan S.

Gary G.

Becky R.

Tibor T.

StephenH

Jun 10, 2022, 11:13:30 PM6/10/22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
I was just now printing off cue sheets.  One item that's not shown- the Little Dixie Store- last time we rode, it was a Mexican restaurant- but they DID have bagged ice, water, and a few snack items- it'll likely be closed by the time 300k riders go through, but if you pass and it's open, stop while you can.  It's a pretty useful location in the heat.
Also, the road going into Mt Calm has been all torn up, not sure what state it's in now- just take it easy as you near Mt Calm and watch for gravel patches here, there or everywhere.
Stephen H.