Cleburne Brevets May 4-5

landry123

Apr 18, 2024, 8:59:44 PMApr 18
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
LSR is hosting several rides out of Cleburne on the weekend of May 4-5

Saturday

-  112 km RUSA Populaire

-  200 km ACP Brevet

-  300 km ACP Brevet

-  400 km ACP Brevet

-  600 km ACP Brevet, Day 1 (364 km)

Sunday

-  600 km ACP Brevet, Day 2 (236 km)

-  236 km permanent (same course as 600 km Day 2)

All rides start and finish on Nolan River Road just south of Henderson.  Currently the 200, 300, and 600 km rides on Saturday head out together until their respective turnaround points, and then return back the way they came. The 400 km follows the 600 km Day 1 route out and back, and then does some extra kms to finish the distance. The 112 km currently does not head out with the other rides, but we will probably change its direction to fix that.

Day 2 of the 600 km does a big loop south of Cleburne. As an added bonus, the second to last road on that day is Old Foamy Road, which is famous for being haunted. (I'm serious. Google it!) Be prepared to confront the 7 foot tall creature that is half man and half goat when you cross Old Foamy Bridge.

Course Links:

112 km: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37180607

200 km: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/42569826

300 km: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35706556

400 km: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/42418332

600 km Day 1: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35625058

600 km Day 2 and 236 km Perm: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/44883990

Hotel Accommodations:

By far the most convenient hotel is the Super 8, 1707 W Henderson Street, Cleburne, Texas, 76033. It is right by the start (no driving to the start) and I found it quite adequate last year. The only catch was that the desk attendant didn't have a record of my Hoyels.com reservation. If you use some external reservation system, I suggest you call the hotel to confirm they have it.

Saturday Start:

6:45 AM Start from the Nolan River Mall parking lot. Sunrise is at 6:40 AM, so no night gear will be required when you start. You should plan to bring night gear if you ride the 300 km or 400 km, or if you think you might need close to the full time for the 200 km. Sunset is at 8:13 PM.

Sunday Start

We can discuss in Cleburne when we want to start on Sunday if we (hopefully) ride as group. I have heard that some people doing a shorter ride on Saturday may be up for doing the 236 km on Sunday as a permanent. Please let me know if you that is your plan.

Friday Night Dinner:

Let me know if you want to do dinner on Friday night. Last year we had a fun time at Pastafini's, which is easy walking distance from the Super 8. I will make reservations.

Membership and Waiver  Requirements

All riders need to be RUSA members.  See the RUSA website for details.
All riders need to be Lone Star Randonneur members.  See the LSR site for details.  Get your form and money in to Dan prior to the ride, please don't bring that money to the ride start. All riders need to sign a waiver.  Waiver are attached.  Fill it out, print it, sign it, scan it, and email to both Dan and myself.  And bring the original to the ride start, or better yet, the Friday night dinner. If you plan to ride "if the weather is good", go ahead and shoot that waiver in, it doesn't obligate you to anything.

All for now. I will send out more info as I think of it (like cue sheets!).

Joe

Cleburne_112km_Waiver.pdf
Cleburne_200km_Waiver.pdf
Cleburne_400km_Waiver.pdf
Cleburne_300km_Waiver.pdf
Cleburne_600km_Waiver.pdf

Peter Rajcani

Apr 19, 2024, 9:30:44 AMApr 19
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs, landry123
Hi Joe,

I am in for the 600k

Peter

landry123

Apr 26, 2024, 8:13:57 PMApr 26
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Cleburne Brevet Updates:

Rider List so far, with varying degrees of commitment

200 km:
Gary
Dana
Debbie
Pam?

600 km:
Joe
Peter
Mike
Dan

236 km perm (same route as 600 km Day 2):
Gary
Dana
Pam?

I also got some interest from Nick from Austin.

If you haven't sent your waiver in to Dan and me, please do it soon.

Please let me know if you are up for dinner at Pastafini's on Friday. (It is walking distance from the Super 8.) I am thinking 6:30 PM. Let me know if you have another opinion on the time.

The weather doesn't look too bad. Low to moderate chance of rain with not much accumulation. Wind out of the east at around 10 mph on Saturday, and 10 mph from the south on Sunday.

I found out through Google that Old Foamy Road is closed due to construction. It is the second to last road on Day 2. We had to reroute last October, and we will probably do the same this year. As a result, the second day course will be about 1.7 miles longer. I will make a RideWithGPS update. However, I will check out the road on Friday afternoon. If it looks passable, we can stick with Plan A.

Joe

Dan Driscoll

Apr 27, 2024, 2:29:27 AMApr 27
to landry123, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Pam and I are in for dinner, it’s Gary’s B-Day so I’ll bring a lot of candles. Pam will be thrilled to have a chance to ride in the rain, meet the Goat Man and ride extra miles. Thanks for Hosting !!!!

On Apr 27, 2024, at 09:14, 'landry123' via Lone * Star * Randonneurs <Talk...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Cleburne Brevet Updates:

landry123

Apr 30, 2024, 8:41:04 PMApr 30
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
A few updates on Cleburne.

Here is the list of riders so far, with varying degrees of commitment.

200 km
Gary
Dana
Pam?
Stephen

600 km
Joe
Mike
Peter
Amy
Dan

236 km perm on Day 2 (Same as Day 2 of 600 km)
Gary
Dana
Pam?

Dinner at Pastafini's at 6:30 on Friday
Joe
Dan
Pam
Gary
Dana
Peter
Amy
Mike

IMPORTANT: Old Foamy Road is currently closed for construction, which is near the end of Day 2 of the 600 km and also at the end of the Sunday Tipping Teapot perm. I will check it out on Friday to see if it is passable by bike. In the meantime, I have attached an Excel spreadsheet with cue sheets for Day 1 and Day 2 of the 600 km. The Day 2 sheet has a reroute. It is about 1.7 miles longer than the original route. It is not the same reroute we did last October, which was a bit harrowing.

Joe

On Thursday, April 18, 2024 at 7:59:44 PM UTC-5 landry123 wrote:
Cleburne 600 km Cues.xlsx

Debbie Breaud

Apr 30, 2024, 8:59:20 PMApr 30
to landry123, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Landry,

I am doing the 200k!!!!  I sent the waiver and I have an extra one too.

Thanks
Debbie

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 30, 2024, at 7:41 PM, 'landry123' via Lone * Star * Randonneurs <Talk...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

A few updates on Cleburne.
<Cleburne 600 km Cues.xlsx>

landry123

May 1, 2024, 8:38:02 PMMay 1
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
A few more updates on Cleburne. We have Sharon and Tim coming! Dana is not feeling well, so Gary and Dana are tentative. They won't be there for Friday dinner. And my apologies to Debbie for leaving her off  the last list, after she was so good about turning in her waiver early.

Here is the list of riders so far, with varying degrees of commitment.

200 km
Gary?
Dana?
Pam?
Debbie.
Stephen
Sharon
Tim

400 km
MIke (If someone else joins him)

600 km
Joe
Mike
Peter
Amy
Dan

236 km perm on Day 2 (Same as Day 2 of 600 km)
Gary?
Dana?
Pam?

Dinner at Pastafini's at 6:30 on Friday
Joe
Dan
Pam
Peter
Amy
Mike
Sharon
Tim

See ya Saturday.

Joe

Debbie Breaud

May 1, 2024, 9:14:30 PMMay 1
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs, landry123
Joe,

Thanks!  The 200k looks good for Saturday.  The 236k looks good for Sunday if anyone is still up for it.  Also is this list below still up-to-date for Friday Dinner at Pastafini's?

Dinner at Pastafini's at 6:30 on Friday
Joe
Dan
Pam
Peter
Amy
Mike
Sharon
Tim

Thanks,

Debbie

Peter Rajcani

May 2, 2024, 12:05:28 AMMay 2
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs, landry123, Debbie Breaud
Hi Joe,

I am a "maybe" for dinner, I will try to make it, but I am not sure. I will be there for the 600k on Saturday

Thanks,

Peter

StephenH

May 2, 2024, 10:23:03 PMMay 2
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
I just sent in my waiver for the 112k as well, that's a backup plan depending on weather the morning of the ride.  The current hourly forecast shows better weather in the morning than in the afternoon.
i'm assuming that if I ride the 112k, I'll ride in the normal direction (north at the start).
But hopefully the forecast will improve itself and we can have the desired rainbows and sunshine.
Stephen H

Joe Landry

May 6, 2024, 3:59:15 PMMay 6
to Debbie Breaud, 'Debbie Breaud' via Lone * Star * Randonneurs, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Oops! Sorry Debbie. I was working from memory. You got your waiver in early like a responsible Rando. I will send out a revised list tomorrow.

Joe

On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 19:59, 'Debbie Breaud' via Lone * Star * Randonneurs

Joe Landry

May 6, 2024, 3:59:15 PMMay 6
to Debbie Breaud, 'Debbie Breaud' via Lone * Star * Randonneurs, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Debbie,

The 236 km on Sunday is the same course as the second day of the 600 km, so there will be people riding it one way or another.

I don't have you down for Friday night dinner. Are you interested?

Joe