East Texas Showdown

Peter Rajcani

Mar 21, 2024, 10:01:48 PMMar 21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi everyone,

Starting tomorrow, I will be participating in East Texas Showdown 400-mile self-supported bikepacking race. The route is about 60% gravel/dirt. You can follow me here:

StephenH

Mar 22, 2024, 2:25:14 PMMar 22
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Good luck!  We've had gobs of rain here at the house (south Garland), so you may be in for more of mudfest than anything!
Stephen H

Peter Rajcani

Mar 26, 2024, 7:39:03 PMMar 26
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs, StephenH
Thank you Stephen!
I finished the 400-mile course in 69 hours 30 minutes, I started at 8 am on Friday and I finished at 5:30 am on Monday. I got 27th out of 51 participants and I was the last one to complete the course. The course was about 50% gravel / dirt with 17,500 ft of elevation gain. The conditions were tough with a lot of mud on Friday and loose sand after the roads dried up, so I was moving much slower than expected but I still got it done!

Inline image

Vikramsinh Jadhav

Mar 26, 2024, 9:20:01 PMMar 26
to Peter Rajcani, Lone * Star * Randonneurs, StephenH
Hey Peter,
Incredible achievement with a lot of difficult conditions and mud. Great show of tenacity and determination.  Take well deserved rest and recover for your next adventure!!

StephenH

Mar 26, 2024, 10:06:31 PMMar 26
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Awesome job!
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Sharon Stevens

Mar 28, 2024, 12:18:40 PMMar 28
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Amazing ride Peter!  Great pic!  Ready for another adventure!

Vickie

Mar 29, 2024, 6:53:00 PMMar 29
to StephenH, Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Wow super Wow!