Gravel perms this Saturday and next Saturday (August 3rd)

Peter Rajcani

Jul 26, 2024, 12:45:58 AM (yesterday) Jul 26
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi LSRs,

I am planning on riding the Wild West Gravel 200k perm this Saturday and Gravel Tour of Italy 110k perm next Saturday (Aug 3rd).
The Wild West Gravel starts in Itasca (Shell / Sonic, I-35W Exit 8) and passes through Whitney, West (hence the name), Malone and Carl's Corner. Gravel Tour of Italy starts from our usual spot in Italy (Italy Inn / Denny's) and goes to Navarro Mills and back. Both routes are 70-80% gravel so a gravel bike is needed to complete the route.

RWGPS
Gravel tour of Italy (#4996):  https://ridewithgps.com/routes/45616209
Wild West Gravel 200k (#4938): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/46436806

These are routes that I created and have minimal traffic except for few paved sections.

Joshua C. from Temple (Central TX Randonneur group) will be joining me for the Gravel Tour of Italy next weekend.
Both rides start at 8 am.

Let me know if you are interested to join us
You need to register and sign a waiver on the RUSA website to ride the permanents.

Take care,

Peter