Sunday Populaire 8/29

Pam Wright

Aug 20, 2021, 3:16:29 PM8/20/21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi all,

Dan and I are hosting the Taste of Italy Populaire Sunday 8/29 and would love company!  You know the drill...please RSVP with a signed waiver (attached) emailed to Dan and me.
  • $5 RUSA Ride Fee - All riders are required to pay a $5 insurance fee, per ride, IN ADVANCE OF RIDING.  This will go directly to RUSA, so please get with Dan (dandri...@me.com) and pay in advance into a "piggy bank" for yourself (you can pay in advance for multiple rides and save lots of hassle).  You are not allowed to pay after the ride.
  • Start Info:
    • Start:  Exxon Tiger Mart 101 LR Campbell Rd, Italy, TX.  Great 24hr store with a Denny's next door.
    • Park:  Please park behind Denny's
    • Cue Sheet:  Please print your own cue sheet from RWGPS the attached.
    • Start:   Group start at 7:30am.  Feel free to select your own time before noon.
    • Night Gear:  Not for me
    • Time Limit:  6:52 is the allowed time
  • Route:  Out and back from "Itleee" to Corsicana.   Don't plan on any stores in between controls, so mile 0, 32 and 64).  Weather may still be a booger, so please prepare for heat... electrolytes, fluids, camelbak, sunscreen, etc.
  • https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34259290
  • WAIVERS:  Attached is a fillable RUSA waiver.  Unless otherwise arranged, I will not have copies at the ride start.  Sign, date, scan, and email the waiver to Dan (dandri...@me.com) prior to the ride start, and please let me know you're riding as well.
  • PROOF OF PASSAGE:  Please plan to provide your GPS file, time-stamped selfies at each control and/or store receipts.  After you finish, please text your proof of passage, RUSA # AND TOTAL TIME to Dan.   YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUBMITTING YOUR FINISH TIME AND RUSA# TO DAN.
Please note:
Randonneuring inherently involves various hazards, and riders assume all risks associated with the activity.  Hazards include, but are not limited to, motor vehicles; other cyclists; loose dogs, livestock or wild animals; road flaws including cracks, potholes, ridges, gratings, rumble strips, sand or gravel; lightning, heat, cold, ice, or other hazardous weather; mechanical failures; fatigue; medical conditions; assault.  All routes are on public roads or paths, and neither the route nor any flaws in the road surface are marked.  All routes are unsupported.  Riders will be required to sign and submit the attached waiver prior to riding.  Please read it, as you are signing away some rights and are responsible for knowing what you sign.

Please ask any questions and I will post RSVPs and any updates to this email string.   Weather looking great (and hot) so far.   Ciao for now and holler back with questions!  Looking forward to getting back in the swing of things :)

Pam Wright

Taste of Italy Cue.xls
_RUSAWaiver Taste of Italy.pdf