UPDATE: Mineral Wells Brevets Saturday April 30th

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 20, 2022, 10:30:00 PM4/20/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
UPDATE:

Rider List (so far):

ACP 200Km: Debbie B., David H

ACP 300Km: Nobody yet

ACP 400Km: Gary G., Dana P., Pam W., Mike M., Sue S.

ACP 600Km: Sue S., Mike M.

RUSA 362Km: Nobody yet

Notice sone of us have not made up our minds yet.  As plans solidify we should have a better count.

INFORMATION:

On Saturday April 30th LSR has ACP 200Km, ACP 300Km, ACP 400Km, ACP 600Km and RUSA 362Km brevets from Mineral Wells.  All routes begin and end at the Executive Inn on the west side of Mineral Wells.  All rides are scheduled to start at 7:00am on Saturday.  Tentatively we will start Day 2 of the ACP 600Km at 6:30am on Sunday, but that is subject to last minute changes due to conditions.

Below is the information needed to book a room and find the ride start.  I sent out an email earlier because rooms are being sold out.  If you are doing a ride that does not involve an overnight stay please consider driving to the event or staying on the east side of Mineral Wells.

Ride start/finish motel information: Mineral Wells Executive Inn.  Address: Mineral Wells Executive Inn, 2809 Highway 180 West, Mineral Wells, TX 76067.  Phone number: 940-328-1111.

Pay attention because there are five attachments to this email that require some work on your part.

Step 1: Pick the PDF file for the ride you want to do.  If you are on the fence for which route you are doing repeat these steps for the additional routes.

Step 2: Open the Waiver in the PDF, fill it out, print it, sign it, scan or photo it, email it to Dan Driscoll dandri...@me.com and Gary Gottlieb gary.p....@me.com.  Do this no later than 7:00pm the night before the brevet.  Keep the signed paper copy and bring it with you to the ride start.

Step 3: Open the Cue Sheet in the PDF, print it, bring it with you to the ride start.  You will need to use the cue sheet because currently the RWGPS files just have the routes for a map and turn-by-turn navigation.  They do not have the control information in them like we have done with the permanents. That is changing, but it is a slow process.

Step 4: Go to the below URLs and load those routes into your Wahoo or Garmin if you have one of those.

ACP 200Km: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/502980

ACP 300Km: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/1393326

ACP 400Km: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/15640106

ACP 600Km Loop 1: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/166302

ACP 600Km Loop 2: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/166414

RUSA 362Km: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/504806

On the day of the ride you are welcome to ride with the group that will start at 7:00am or you can start anytime between 6:00am and noon.

These brevets will use EPP.  Take selfies at all of the controls, or save your receipts, or keep your GPS track, or better yet do two of these or all three.  If Dan asks you for your proof of passage be prepared to email the stuff to Dan.

When you finish the ride text your elapsed time and RUSA number to Dan Driscoll.

These are the infamous Mineral Wells Brevets that we have not done in a few years.  This is where it all began.  These routes are very scenic and very challenging.  These routes were designed many years ago to mimic the terrain of PBP.  In my opinion these are the best routes LSR has to offer.

Please email me to get on the ride list.  You must email your waiver to Dan and me before you ride.  There are no exceptions to this policy.

There is a $5.00 fee for this ride that Dan pays.  Make sure you have made arrangements with Dan so that he can pay RUSA when he enters the results.  You are required to pay prior to the ride start or have money in the LSR Piggy Bank.

RUSA and LSR membership are required for this ride.

Please reply to me and Dan concerning this event off list.  I will post any additional details as updates to the original email string.

There is a permanent that rides Day 2 of the 600Km route.  You will sign up for “#01574 – Strawn Magic 8” and here is the RWGPS link: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34339346

Let me know if you are interested in this option so we can communicate the start time.

OK that is enough to swallow.  Email me back off list for any questions.

See you in the hills of Palo Pinto County!

Gary

Mineral Wells 200K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 317K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 411K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 600K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 362K Waiver and Cue.pdf

Gary Gottlieb

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 21, 2022, 4:30:33 PM4/21/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
UPDATE:

Rider List (so far):

ACP 200Km: Debbie B., David H

ACP 300Km: Nobody yet

ACP 400Km: Gary G., Dana P., Pam W., Mike M., Sue S.

ACP 600Km: Nobody yet

RUSA 362Km: Nobody yet

Mineral Wells 200K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 317K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 411K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 600K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 362K Waiver and Cue.pdf

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 24, 2022, 5:41:19 PM4/24/22
to LSR E-Mail Group

UPDATE:

Rider List (so far):

Saturday:

ACP 200Km: Gary G, Dana P., Debbie B., David H

ACP 300Km: Nobody yet

ACP 400Km: Pam W., Mike M., Sue S.

ACP 600Km: Chris M.

RUSA 362Km: Nobody yet

Sunday:

RUSA 237Km Perm: Gary G., Dana P.

Mineral Wells 200K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 317K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 411K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 600K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 362K Waiver and Cue.pdf

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 25, 2022, 9:15:14 PM4/25/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
UPDATE:

600K RWGPS link has been updated.

Rider List (so far):

Saturday:

ACP 200Km: Gary G, Dana P., Debbie B., David H.

ACP 300Km: Nobody yet

ACP 400Km: Pam W., Mike M., Sue S.

ACP 600Km: Chris M., Sue S.

RUSA 362Km: Nobody yet

Sunday:

RUSA 237Km Perm: Gary G., Dana P., Mike M.

[...]

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 25, 2022, 9:23:32 PM4/25/22
to LSR E-Mail Group

UPDATE:

600Km RWGPS link has been updated.

600Km Day 2 / 237Km perm group start time 7:00am.

Rider List (so far):

Saturday:

ACP 200Km: Gary G, Dana P., Debbie B., David H.

ACP 300Km: Nobody yet

ACP 400Km: Pam W., Mike M., Sue S.

ACP 600Km: Chris M., Sue S.

RUSA 362Km: Nobody yet

Sunday:

RUSA 237Km Perm: Gary G., Dana P., Mike M.

INFORMATION:

On Saturday April 30th LSR has ACP 200Km, ACP 300Km, ACP 400Km, ACP 600Km and RUSA 362Km brevets from Mineral Wells.  All routes begin and end at the Executive Inn on the west side of Mineral Wells.  All rides are scheduled to start at 7:00am on Saturday.  Tentatively we will start Day 2 of the ACP 600Km at 7:00am on Sunday, but that is subject to last minute changes due to conditions.

Mineral Wells 200K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 317K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 411K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 600K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 362K Waiver and Cue.pdf

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 26, 2022, 9:15:36 AM4/26/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
UPDATE:

New cue sheets for all routes (except 200Km) attached.  Adds new control and store options.  Thanks to Pam for fixing these.

Strawn Magic 8 237Km cue sheet is also attached.

[...]

Pay attention because there are six attachments to this email that require some work on your part.

Mineral Wells 200K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 317K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 362K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 411K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 600K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Strawn Magic 8 237K Cue Sheet.pdf

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 27, 2022, 4:04:18 PM4/27/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
UPDATE:

New cue sheets for all routes (except 200Km) attached.  Adds new control and store options.  Thanks to Pam for fixing these.

Strawn Magic 8 237Km cue sheet is also attached.

600Km RWGPS link has been updated.

600Km Day 2 / 237Km perm group start time 7:00am.

Rider List (so far):

Saturday:

ACP 200Km: Gary G, Dana P., Debbie B., David H., Sue S.

ACP 300Km: Nobody yet

ACP 400Km: Pam W., Mike M.

ACP 600Km: Chris M.

RUSA 362Km: Nobody yet

Sunday:

RUSA 237Km Perm: Gary G., Dana P., Mike M., Sue S.

Mineral Wells 200K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 317K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 362K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 411K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 600K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Strawn Magic 8 237K Cue Sheet.pdf

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 28, 2022, 9:05:28 AM4/28/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
UPDATE:

Friday Dinner: Meet at room 120 at 6:00pm and we will caravan to Pastafina on the east side of Mineral Wells. If you are running late meet us there.

New cue sheets for all routes (except 200Km) attached.  Adds new control and store options.  Thanks to Pam for fixing these.

Strawn Magic 8 237Km cue sheet is also attached.

600Km RWGPS link has been updated.

600Km Day 2 / 237Km perm group start time 7:00am.

Rider List (so far):

Saturday:

ACP 200Km: Gary G, Dana P., Debbie B., David H., Sue S.

ACP 300Km: Nobody yet

ACP 400Km: Pam W., Mike M.

ACP 600Km: Chris M., Byron W.

Mineral Wells 200K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 317K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 362K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 411K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 600K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Strawn Magic 8 237K Cue Sheet.pdf

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 28, 2022, 1:31:50 PM4/28/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
UPDATE:

Friday Dinner (updated): Meet at room 120 at 5:45pm and we will caravan to Pastafina on the east side of Mineral Wells. Or if you are on your way, meet at Pastafina at 6:00pm. If you are running late and want to join us, call or email me. I’ll save you a seat.
Mineral Wells 200K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 317K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 362K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 411K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 600K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Strawn Magic 8 237K Cue Sheet.pdf

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 28, 2022, 9:06:22 PM4/28/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
UPDATE:

Friday Dinner (updated): Meet at room 120 at 5:45pm and we will caravan to Pastafina on the east side of Mineral Wells. Or if you are on your way, meet at Pastafina at 6:00pm. If you are running late and want to join us, call or email me. I’ll save you a seat.

New cue sheets for all routes (except 200Km) attached.  Adds new control and store options.  Thanks to Pam for fixing these.

Strawn Magic 8 237Km cue sheet is also attached.

600Km RWGPS link has been updated.

600Km Day 2 / 237Km perm group start time 7:00am.

Rider List (so far):

Saturday:

ACP 200Km: Gary G, Dana P., Debbie B., Sue S.

Mineral Wells 200K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 317K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 362K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 411K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 600K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Strawn Magic 8 237K Cue Sheet.pdf

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 29, 2022, 9:11:36 AM4/29/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
UPDATE:

Friday Dinner (updated): Meet at room 120 at 5:45pm and we will caravan to Pastafina on the east side of Mineral Wells. Or if you are on your way, meet at Pastafina at 6:00pm. If you are running late and want to join us, call or email me. I’ll save you a seat.

New cue sheets for all routes (except 200Km) attached.  Adds new control and store options.  Thanks to Pam for fixing these.

Strawn Magic 8 237Km cue sheet is also attached.

600Km RWGPS link has been updated.

600Km Day 2 / 237Km perm group start time 7:00am.

Rider List (so far):

Saturday:

ACP 200Km: Gary G, Dana P., Sue S., Tibor T.

Mineral Wells 200K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 317K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 362K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 411K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 600K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Strawn Magic 8 237K Cue Sheet.pdf

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 29, 2022, 2:20:15 PM4/29/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
IMPORTANT:

Pastafina is now in downtown Mineral Wells at 201 North Oak Avenue.

UPDATE:

Friday Dinner (updated): Meet at room 120 at 5:45pm and we will caravan to Pastafina in downtown Mineral Wells. Or if you are on your way, meet at Pastafina at 6:00pm. If you are running late and want to join us, call or email me. I’ll save you a seat.
Mineral Wells 200K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 317K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 362K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 411K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Mineral Wells 600K Waiver and Cue.pdf
Strawn Magic 8 237K Cue Sheet.pdf

Gary Gottlieb

Apr 29, 2022, 6:17:46 PM4/29/22
to LSR E-Mail Group
IMPORTANT:

I am in room 122. That’s where we will meet.

Pastafina is now in downtown Mineral Wells at 201 North Oak Avenue.

UPDATE:

Friday Dinner (updated): Meet at room 122 at 5:45pm and we will caravan to Pastafina in downtown Mineral Wells. Or if you are on your way, meet at Pastafina at 6:00pm. If you are running late and want to join us, call or email me. I’ll save you a seat.