Flying Past Venus 134k RUSA populaire - Saturday, January 20

Tibor Tamas

Jan 14, 2024, 3:03:05 PMJan 14
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs

LSR is hosting a 134k RUSA populaire on Saturday, January 20th.  We have a new paradigm now, so please pay attention to the details for which YOU are responsible.

This ride qualifies for Rouleur award as well as rando scout point.

Waiver & RSVP:  Signed waivers and RSVP's are due to Dan Driscoll dandri...@me.com and tibor...@gmail.com no later than 19:00 the night before the ride.  Keep the signed paper copy and bring it with you to the ride start.  If you're a maybe, please go ahead and send it.  You can still decide not to ride if that's your call.  And if you're on the fence about distance, send in both waivers and you can decide closer to start time.

The details:

  • Start Schedule:
    • 09:00 start time
    • 07:29 - 17:49  Sunrise & Sunset, almost 10:20 hrs. of daylight
  • SAGIn true rando-style, this is a self-supported ride with a few stores along the way.

ATTACHMENTS:

1. WAIVER:  Complete the blanks, then print, sign and scan or take a photo.  Email the signed waiver no later than 19:00 the night before the ride.  If you're undecided, send it in!  You can change your mind until the ride starts.

2. CUE SHEET:  Print to have information related to stores, controls, hazards, etc.

3. PROOF OF PASSAGE:  RUSA is accepting multiple proofs of passage, so it's your choice.  Be prepared to send one or more of the following to Dan as he requests:

  • EPP - Submit your EPP showing you completed the official course, made all the controls and finished in the time allowed.
  • Receipts - Submit photo of your compiled receipts with control and time highlighted.
  • Photos - Submit time-stamped photos (you may need to download a Time Stamp app) of you at each control.

Please note:

Randonneuring inherently involves various hazards, and riders assume all risks associated with the activity.  Hazards include, but are not limited to, motor vehicles; other cyclists; loose dogs, livestock or wild animals; road flaws including cracks, potholes, ridges, gratings, rumble strips, sand or gravel; lightning, Sun in Drivers eyes, heat, cold, ice, or other hazardous weather; mechanical failures; fatigue; medical conditions; assault.  All routes are on public roads or paths, and neither the route nor any flaws in the road surface are marked, no cones will be provided.  All routes are unsupported.  Riders will be required to sign and submit the attached waiver prior to riding.  Please read it, as you are signing away some rights and are responsible for knowing what you sign.

-2817_-_Flying_Past_Venus_-Populaire-_-_surface_change.pdf
Flying Past Venus 134k waiver.pdf

Tibor Tamas

Jan 16, 2024, 9:00:49 PMJan 16
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs

Riders so far: Dan C, Dan D, Mike M, and Debbie B.

Tibor Tamas

Jan 21, 2024, 9:08:58 AMJan 21
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs

LSR is hosting a 101k RUSA populaire on Saturday, January 27th

This ride qualifies for rando scout point.

Waiver & RSVP:  Signed waivers and RSVP's are due to Dan Driscoll dandri...@me.com and tibor...@gmail.com no later than 19:00 the night before the ride.  Keep the signed paper copy and bring it with you to the ride start.  If you're a maybe, please go ahead and send it.  You can still decide not to ride if that's your call.  And if you're on the fence about distance, send in both waivers and you can decide closer to start time.

The details:

  • Start Schedule:
    • 09:00 start time
    • 07:26 - 17:54  Sunrise & Sunset, almost 10:29 hrs. of daylight

RWGPS link: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/45311137. This is the rerouted version (thank you Joe Landry) to avoid trail after Ronald Kirk Bridge and Westmoreland Rd, as multiple riders complained that it floods after rain and it’s muddy (potentially unsafe).

K-pop 101k waiver.pdf
-04503_-_K-pop_-_reroute.pdf

Tibor Tamas

Dan Driscoll

Jan 21, 2024, 7:17:00 PMJan 21
to Tibor Tamas, B -LSR Group
Thank  You for Hosting T-Man !!!

I plan to be there and will send a waiver to ya off list.

DanD
<K-pop 101k waiver.pdf><-04503_-_K-pop_-_reroute.pdf>

Tibor Tamas

Jan 25, 2024, 8:11:34 AMJan 25
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Riders so far:

Pam W.
Stephen H.
Mark W.
Susan S.
Michael M.
Dan D.
Joe L. - maybe

Pam Wright

Jan 25, 2024, 10:02:05 AMJan 25
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs, Tibor Tamas
I hope y'all check out the RWGPS before your actual arrival.  There are a lot of intricate notes and trail turns and my cue sheet is full!  This won't be a fast ride :-)

Pam Wright

Susan Shields

Jan 25, 2024, 11:28:36 AMJan 25
to Pam Wright, Lone * Star * Randonneurs, Tibor Tamas
Twists and turns galore.  Sidewalks and mud and gravel - oh my!!!

Yep - RWGPS and cue sheets for backup are called for.  Someone who’s done the route before would be super nice!

Sue

Pam Wright

Jan 25, 2024, 8:06:28 PMJan 25
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs
Hi all,

I know I'm a cue sheet dinosaur, but if you're interested, abridged cue sheet attached. There's 2 tabs.  1 is "pam's" short space version and 1 is "dans" full page version.  Personally, I'll be glad to have both!

Pam Wright

On Thursday, January 25, 2024, 01:57:15 PM CST, Dan Driscoll <dandri...@me.com> wrote:

How about sharing your Q-Sheet or maybe just bring some extras to the start.

DD
K-Pop Reroute #4503.xlsx

Tibor Tamas

Apr 14, 2024, 10:05:56 PMApr 14
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs

LSR is hosting a 101k RUSA populaire on Saturday, April 20th.  We have a new paradigm now, so please pay attention to the details for which YOU are responsible.

This ride qualifies for rando scout point.

Waiver & RSVP:  Signed waivers and RSVP's are due to Dan Driscoll dandri...@me.com and tibor...@gmail.com no later than 19:00 the night before the ride.  Keep the signed paper copy and bring it with you to the ride start.  If you're a maybe, please go ahead and send it.  You can still decide not to ride if that's your call.  And if you're on the fence about distance, send in both waivers and you can decide closer to start time.

The details:

  • Start Schedule:
    • 07:30 start time
    • 06:51 Sunrise

RWGPS link: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35836876

SAGIn true rando-style, this is a self-supported ride with many stores along the way.

Scouting Combine 101k waiver.pdf
00177_-_Scouting_Combine.pdf