New Useless Oregon Gun Law Goes Into Effect

Klaus Schadenfreude

Sep 25, 2021, 7:32:06 AM9/25/21
Senate Bill 554 requires Oregonians to keep guns secured with a
trigger or cable lock, in locked container or in a gun room except in
specific circumstances. It also allows places like the state capitol,
airports, schools and universities to prohibit firearms in buildings.
https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/new-oregon-gun-law-takes-effect/283-21cc79cc-d0d5-4d90-9353-2f58d743dfa7

"My heart breaks and bleeds for the people of Portland," Oregon state
senator James Manning Jr. said. "Portland is a great city and we
thought, 'Why not make a law that has nothing to do with gun violence,
just so we can claim to be doing something?'"

"It's about accountability and hopefully we'll get to a place where we
don't have all of this gun violence and innocent people being killed,"
Sen. Manning said.

"We have a lot more useless laws to pass. For instance, I'm in the
process of writing the Oregon Clean Gun Act, which will mandate
thorough, regular cleaning of all guns. You'd be surprised, when we
recover a murder weapon, how absolutely FILTHY it is. Like I said,
we're after accountability."

Blue Lives Matter

Sep 25, 2021, 7:45:31 AM9/25/21
The law is supposed to protect the criminals the leftists are
releasing from prison.

!Jones

Sep 26, 2021, 8:42:36 PM9/26/21
Crime rates go up... then they go down... then they go back up. They
always have (at least as far back as our records go) on a 50-60 year
period. We are now in a time of increasing violence and probably will
be for another 18 to 20 years.

When crime rates are relatively low, everyone is relatively happy. As
the rate increases, people start clamoring that we "do something".
So... we change the gun laws. It doesn't matter *what* we do, a
period of decrease always follows a period of increase and visa versa.
Whatever the "something" was they did, its proponents will all thump
their chests and take credit for the fact that the tide is going out.

A common mistake is to compare the high point in the cycle (around
1990 or so) when the homicide rate was close to 11/100K and compare
that to the low point in the 20-teens (roughly 6/100K) concluding the
rate is dropping. The intelligent reader compares low points to low
points; you find the previous low point about 1960 (or so) with a
4.5/100K... about a 33% increase over the cycle; therefore, the trend
has always been upwards.

And there aren't any simple, quick fixes.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Sep 27, 2021, 9:46:55 AM9/27/21
On Sun, 26 Sep 2021 19:42:35 -0500, !Jones <x...@y.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 04:31:59 -0700, in talk.politics.guns Klaus
>Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Senate Bill 554 requires Oregonians to keep guns secured with a
>>trigger or cable lock, in locked container or in a gun room except in
>>specific circumstances. It also allows places like the state capitol,
>>airports, schools and universities to prohibit firearms in buildings.
>>https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/new-oregon-gun-law-takes-effect/283-21cc79cc-d0d5-4d90-9353-2f58d743dfa7
>>
>>"My heart breaks and bleeds for the people of Portland," Oregon state
>>senator James Manning Jr. said. "Portland is a great city and we
>>thought, 'Why not make a law that has nothing to do with gun violence,
>>just so we can claim to be doing something?'"
>>
>>"It's about accountability and hopefully we'll get to a place where we
>>don't have all of this gun violence and innocent people being killed,"
>>Sen. Manning said.
>>
>>"We have a lot more useless laws to pass. For instance, I'm in the
>>process of writing the Oregon Clean Gun Act, which will mandate
>>thorough, regular cleaning of all guns. You'd be surprised, when we
>>recover a murder weapon, how absolutely FILTHY it is. Like I said,
>>we're after accountability."
>
>Crime rat[..]

Nobody asked your opinion, shit-for-brains

Baxter

Sep 27, 2021, 11:45:04 AM9/27/21
Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote in
If Klaun Shitbrains really thought the Oregon law was useless he wouldn't
be bothering to post about it here. He's pissed because he knows it will
have some effect.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Sep 27, 2021, 2:42:20 PM9/27/21
On Mon, 27 Sep 2021 15:45:02 -0000 (UTC), Baxter
<bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote:

>Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> On Sun, 26 Sep 2021 19:42:35 -0500, !Jones <x...@y.com> wrote:

[crickets.wav] (© 2021 All Rights Reserved)

[crickets.wav] (© 2021 All Rights Reserved)

[crickets.wav] (© 2021 All Rights Reserved)

>If Klaun Shitbrains really thought the Oregon law was useless he wouldn't
>be bothering to post about it here.

Or, he'd make fun of their useless laws and their impotent government.

LOL

Just Wondering

Sep 27, 2021, 3:01:46 PM9/27/21
For some odd reason, Baxter thinks talk.politics.guns is not an
appropriate forum to post stuff about the politics of guns.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Sep 27, 2021, 6:09:59 PM9/27/21
He *likes* that they pass useless laws, apparently.

Scout

Sep 28, 2021, 10:13:10 AM9/28/21

"Baxter" <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote in message
A law can be both useless (for it's stated intention) and abusive to
people's rights all at the same time.

After all, Chicago has all sorts of gun control that utterly fails to lower
violent crime (law is useless) but at the same time runs roughshod all over
the rights of innocent people (abusive).

Apparently such conditions are too much for the limited mentality of Baxter
to grasp.

Also bad law weakens good law.

That should cause Baxter's mind seize like a broken crankshaft.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Sep 28, 2021, 10:34:05 AM9/28/21
If he thinks mandating safe storage will decrease Portland murders,
it's already seized.

!Jones

Sep 28, 2021, 11:16:29 AM9/28/21
I doubt it will. They are good ideas; however, it's like trying to
bail out the Titanic with a bucket.

The second amendment was included in the constitution as a compromise
with the Virginia delegation who wanted slavery encoded as a right of
the people. This is why it has such torturous language; the
"well-regulated militia" was the rapid-response force for slave
uprisings. Until we get rid of that and what it has become, no law
will work.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Sep 28, 2021, 2:53:12 PM9/28/21
Especially if your aim is to stop murders. Then it's worse than doing
nothing at all.

>The second amendment was included in the constitution as a compromise
>with the Virginia delegation who wanted slavery encoded as a right of
>the people. This is why it has such torturous language; the
>"well-regulated militia" was the rapid-response force for slave
>uprisings.

[chuckle]

Scout

Sep 28, 2021, 4:56:09 PM9/28/21

"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:43p6lgh6feg0p5rfn...@4ax.com...
Yea, I would really see Jones come up with the proof to back up that load of
BS.

Certainly I can't remember any such 'compromise' when they were discussing
what Amendments would be added to the newly ratified Constitution.

So tell us Jones, exactly which Amendment did the Virginia Delegate get in
return for allowing people to keep their arms?

Come on, you made the claim, so let's see you back it up....

Baxter

Sep 29, 2021, 11:34:35 AM9/29/21
"Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote in

>>>The second amendment was included in the constitution as a compromise
>>>with the Virginia delegation who wanted slavery encoded as a right of
>>>the people. This is why it has such torturous language; the
>>>"well-regulated militia" was the rapid-response force for slave
>>>uprisings.
>>
>> [chuckle]
>
> Yea, I would really see Jones come up with the proof to back up that
> load of BS.
>
> Certainly I can't remember any such 'compromise' when they were
> discussing what Amendments would be added to the newly ratified
> Constitution.

Interesting - Scout thinks he was there when the Founders were discussing
the 2nd Amendment

> So tell us Jones, exactly which Amendment did the Virginia Delegate
> get in return for allowing people to keep their arms?

He already told you that?

> Come on, you made the claim, so let's see you back it up....

Your google broken?

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/02/1002107670/historian-uncovers-the-racist-
roots-of-the-2nd-amendment

https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink/2013/01/was-second-amendment-
adopted-slaveholders/

https://medium.com/the-new-leader/debunking-the-mythic-origin-of-the-
second-amendment-bfe06dc06946

not that you'll actually read any of those links

Baxter

Sep 29, 2021, 11:44:01 AM9/29/21
Baxter <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote in
Another good article on the subject:
https://medium.com/nonviolenceny/the-tie-between-slavery-and-the-second-
amendment-12a87dd5456a

Scout

Sep 29, 2021, 2:50:57 PM9/29/21

"Baxter" <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote in message
> "Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote in

>>> [chuckle]
>>
>> Yea, I would really see Jones come up with the proof to back up that
>> load of BS.
>>
>> Certainly I can't remember any such 'compromise' when they were
>> discussing what Amendments would be added to the newly ratified
>> Constitution.
>
> Interesting - Scout thinks he was there when the Founders were discussing
> the 2nd Amendment

Well, since the whole thing was DOCUMENTED.. Yea, you pretty much can
actually read the discussions taking place.

But what you see to miss is that I don't have to show a compromise took
place... JONES DO.

That's HIS claim, and thus the burden of proof is on HIM.

So... where do I see proof of such a compromise... or are you going to
assert you know Jones was there?

>> So tell us Jones, exactly which Amendment did the Virginia Delegate
>> get in return for allowing people to keep their arms?
>
> He already told you that?

No he didn't he simply asserted he got it.

I'm not finding the Amendment Jones claims was enacted to have "slavery
encoded as a right of the people."

But since you claim to be such a smart person, maybe you can point out where
that is in the first 10 Amendments.

>> Come on, you made the claim, so let's see you back it up....
>>
> Your google broken?

Not my job to research Jones claims, but let's see if your cites actually
support his claims.

> https://www.npr.org/2021/06/02/1002107670/historian-uncovers-the-racist-
> roots-of-the-2nd-amendment

Sorry, I see here the author of the please CLAIMS that someone said
something but offers NO support that their claim is valid.

Then turns around and says that the 2nd would have applied to the slaves, if
ONLY those evil Democrats hadn't chosen to impose gun control to deny blacks
their Constitutional rights.

Hmmm. Gun control being used to deny us our rights... Democrats haven't
changed...

> https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink/2013/01/was-second-amendment-
> adopted-slaveholders/

Repeat of basically the same story as above where someone CLAIMS something,
but offers no proof that it actually took place.

> https://medium.com/the-new-leader/debunking-the-mythic-origin-of-the-
> second-amendment-bfe06dc06946

Another story in how Democrats sought to deny blacks and even freed blacks
there rights under the Constitution.

Sorry, I'm not seeing where the Constitution allows for the right of the
people to be VIOLATED based on the color of someone skin.

Maybe you can point out that language to me, and I will note that 150 years
later Democrats are STILL trying to deny people their 2nd Amendment rights.

Indeed aren't YOU a major advocate of gun control and denying people their
right to arms?

Does that make you a slave owner sympathizer?

> not that you'll actually read any of those links

I read them, and they offer lots of claims and utterly fail to prove any of
it... which is pretty typical of both Jones and you.

Both make claims they can't back up with facts, just conjecture, rhetoric,
and empty assertion.

Meanwhile I fail to know where even a hint of any 'compromise' that you two
imply occurred actually did.

> not that you'll actually read any of those links

Read them, understood them, and failed to find ANY supporting facts
presented to support the assertions made.

Heck, they even went so far as to attempt to assert that the Supreme Court
failed to research the language and meaning of the 2nd despite the rather
long writeup of exactly how the court did so, and even went so far as to
disprove the assertions of those who have invented their own interpretation
of the language. An interpretation I will not that NO honest researcher has
EVER been able to validate with facts.

The meaning and language simply do NOT support the notion that people like
you attempt to imply.

Scout

Sep 29, 2021, 2:50:57 PM9/29/21

"Baxter" <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote in message
Well rather than deal with opinion, let's look at some real research that
actually has the force of law.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/pdf/07-290P.ZO

Now if you can find ANY factual errors in either their sources, or
reasoning, then you be sure to let us all know...

Until then, it seems to only idiots that are still trying to deprive people
of their rights are the same Democrats who denied those rights since the day
it was ratified.

Cavalero Dior

Oct 21, 2021, 1:05:42 AM10/21/21
Visit,
https://glockcon.com/shop/
https://glockcon.com
Get the best handguns, FULL-SIZE, 5-inch barrel, OVERALL LENGTH of about 8.40 inches, 9 rounds, manageable FELT RECOIL, sig sauer handguns, SHOP NOW!!
Best guns for self-defense, get the best Firearms at very affordable prices.

!Jones

Oct 22, 2021, 1:07:14 PM10/22/21
On Tue, 28 Sep 2021 16:52:00 -0400, in talk.politics.guns "Scout"
<me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

>Yea, I would really see Jones come up with the proof to back up that load of
>BS.
>
>Certainly I can't remember any such 'compromise' when they were discussing
>what Amendments would be added to the newly ratified Constitution.
>
>So tell us Jones, exactly which Amendment did the Virginia Delegate get in
>return for allowing people to keep their arms?
>
>Come on, you made the claim, so let's see you back it up....

No, no... the second ammendment was a compromise that allowed the
south to keep their slaves without explicitly mentioning "slavery" in
the constitution.

You never read the proceedings of the ratification debates, did you.
That's OK; it doesn't appear that you read very much... most gun loons
don't.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Oct 22, 2021, 2:59:53 PM10/22/21
On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 12:07:12 -0500, !Jones <x...@y.com> wrote:

>No, no... the second ammendment was a compromise that allowed the
>south to keep their slaves without explicitly mentioning "slavery" in
>the constitution.

"Laugh laugh laugh laugh."
-Lee Harrison 1957-2012, RIP

Scout

Oct 25, 2021, 12:59:19 PM10/25/21

"!Jones" <x...@y.com> wrote in message
Actually I have, but maybe you should refresh my memory and cite the
specific passages you claim comprise this "compromise".