RBlue states and cities have the highest welfare enrollments

Joe's Hiden'

May 26, 2023, 5:48:28 AM5/26/23
New Mexico Rate: 98%
Washington Rate: 100%
Oregon Rate: 100%
Minnesota Rate: 76%
Wisconsin Rate: 93%
Illinois Rate: 100%
New York Rate: 87%
Michigan Rate: 89%
Pennsylvania Rate: 98%
Massachusetts Rate: 97%
Maryland Rate: 89%
Connecticut Rate: 92%
Delaware Rate: 100%
New Jersey Rate: 81%
Vermont Rate: 93%
California Rate: 70%
Iowa Rate: 88%

Bunch of lazy Democrat voting leeches.

Malte Runz

May 26, 2023, 6:55:11 AM5/26/23
'Maryland Rate 89%'. 'Delaware Rate 100%'. Sorry, but I don't know
what those rates mean. Could you explain it (yes, I have tried to
google it, but came up empty)?

>Bunch of lazy Democrat voting leeches.

It's a known fact that Red states are more financially dependent on
the federal government than blue states, and that blue states
contribute more to the federal government than the red states. In
other words, Republican voting states are "leeches". Your term, not
mine.

--
Malte Runz

Skeeter

May 26, 2023, 10:36:20 AM5/26/23
In article <9c217idkk1n6vpsea...@4ax.com>,
nob...@busine.ss says...
Is that why California defaulted?

dyno dan

May 26, 2023, 11:57:23 AM5/26/23
On Fri, 26 May 2023 12:53:46 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
wrote:

>It's a known fact that Red states are more financially dependent on
>the federal government than blue states, and that blue states
>contribute more to the federal government than the red states.

Cite, please.

--
Protect your civil rights!
Let the politicians know how you feel.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 26, 2023, 12:15:33 PM5/26/23
wrote:

>It's a known fact that Red states are more financially dependent on
>the federal government than blue states, and that blue states
>contribute more to the federal government than the red states. In
>other words, Republican voting states are "leeches". Your term, not
>mine.

BLUE STATER: Hey, how come we pay more to the feds than we get?

GOVERNMENT: Because your senators and representatives arent as good at
getting money from us than the Red States are.

BLUE STATER: So some of the taxes I pay go to support Red States and
there's nothing I can do about it?

GOVERNMENT: That about sums it up! LOL!!

BLUE STATER: So when I go to work, I'm supporting Republican states?

GOVERNMENT: Hey! You're catching on now! LOL!

Governor Swill

May 26, 2023, 2:02:25 PM5/26/23
On Fri, 26 May 2023 09:47:25 -0000 (UTC), "Joe's Hiden'" <hiden...@money.com> wrote:

Why you make up lies like that?

Swill
--
Democrats make me feel ashamed of being American.
Republicans make me feel ashamed of being human.

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine! Putin is a condom!

S. Kimo

May 26, 2023, 3:55:00 PM5/26/23
On 26 May 2023, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> posted some

> On Fri, 26 May 2023 09:47:25 -0000 (UTC), "Joe's Hiden'"
> <hiden...@money.com> wrote:
>
>>New Mexico Rate: 98%
>>Washington Rate: 100%
>>Oregon Rate: 100%
>>Minnesota Rate: 76%
>>Wisconsin Rate: 93%
>>Illinois Rate: 100%
>>New York Rate: 87%
>>Michigan Rate: 89%
>>Pennsylvania Rate: 98%
>>Massachusetts Rate: 97%
>>Maryland Rate: 89%
>>Connecticut Rate: 92%
>>Delaware Rate: 100%
>>New Jersey Rate: 81%
>>Vermont Rate: 93%
>>California Rate: 70%
>>Iowa Rate: 88%
>>
>>Bunch of lazy Democrat voting leeches.
>
> Why you make up lies like that?

Proof the OP is lying?

The first three are all known Democrat welfare pits.

Then there is this little jewel, "Inbreeding is more common in the
following states: Washington, Oregon, Montana, South Dakota, New
Mexico,..."

Interesting that the first three welfare states on the list would also be
on the inbred list.

Where did you say you lived again?

Malte Runz

May 26, 2023, 7:06:03 PM5/26/23
On Fri, 26 May 2023 11:56:00 -0400, dyno dan <lo...@is.important>
wrote:

>On Fri, 26 May 2023 12:53:46 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
>wrote:
>
>>It's a known fact that Red states are more financially dependent on
>>the federal government than blue states, and that blue states
>>contribute more to the federal government than the red states.
>

>Cite, please.

Of course. I thought everyone knew.

https://tinyurl.com/sfppdexy
***
The States That Are Most Reliant on Federal Aid

KEY FINDINGS:
7 of the 10 states most dependent on the federal government were
Republican-voting, with the average red state receiving $1.05 per
dollar spent.

Twenty-nine states sent more to the federal government than they
received, compared to just nine states in 2021.

Of the states that sent more than they received, 52% were
Democrat-voting and 48% were Republican-voting.

New Mexico had the highest return on federal spending of any state
($3.69), and Delaware had the lowest ($0.32).

Red States Lead With Federal Dependence
Democratic-leaning blue states tend to be wealthier and pay more to
the federal government than they get. In contrast, Republican-leaning
red states tend to have less wealth and receive more federal
government funds than they pay. In the MoneyGeek rankings, 7 of the 10
most dependent states are considered red states.
***

https://tinyurl.com/3w9rr5hm
***
Blue states pay more than their fair share. Here are the receipts

A study by the Rockefeller Institute of Government found that
traditional Democratic states contributed significantly more federal
taxes per citizen than Republican states. Here are the numbers for
some blue states: Connecticut ($15,643), Massachusetts ($13,582), New
Jersey ($13,137), New York ($12,820) and California ($10,510). And for
some red states: Mississippi ($5,740), West Virginia ($6,349),
Kentucky ($6,626) and South Carolina ($6,665).
***

https://tinyurl.com/yc54teft
***
AP FACT CHECK: Blue high-tax states fund red low-tax states

Republican leaders have spent months promoting the myth that red
low-tax states are subsidizing blue high-tax states because of the
deduction for state and local taxes.

An Associated Press Fact Check finds it's actually the other way
around. High-tax, traditionally Democratic states (blue), subsidize
low-tax, traditionally Republican states (red) — in a big way. [...]
***

How about that!

--
Malte Runz

Governor Swill

May 26, 2023, 8:54:56 PM5/26/23
On Fri, 26 May 2023 11:56:00 -0400, dyno dan <lo...@is.important> wrote:

>On Fri, 26 May 2023 12:53:46 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
>wrote:
>
>>It's a known fact that Red states are more financially dependent on
>>the federal government than blue states, and that blue states
>>contribute more to the federal government than the red states.
>

>Cite, please.

Again?

<https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink/2021/12/what-would-happen-if-blue-states-stopped-paying-for-red-states/>
<https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700>
<https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/2022/01/22/blue-states-pay-more-than-their-fair-share-here-are-the-receipts-column/>
<https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/new-study-ranks-most-least-federally-dependent-states-in-2023>
<https://smartasset.com/data-studies/states-most-dependent-federal-government-2023>
<https://sipanews.fiu.edu/2021/03/24/2021s-most-least-federally-dependent-states/>
<https://www.wboy.com/only-on-wboy-com/wboy-com-lists-and-rankings/west-virginia-one-of-the-most-federally-dependent-states-in-the-u-s-study-says/>
<https://wrnjradio.com/wallethub-new-jersey-is-2023s-least-federally-dependent-state/>
<https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/federal-aid-by-state>
<https://www.lobservateur.com/2023/03/17/report-louisiana-is-one-of-the-most-federally-dependent-states/>
<https://kbhbradio.com/news/2023s-most-least-federally-dependent-states-wallethub-study>
<https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/>
<https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/donor-states>
<https://wisevoter.com/state-rankings/donor-states/>

Governor Swill

May 26, 2023, 9:11:39 PM5/26/23
It's pretty obvious isn't it? 100% of the population of Washington, Oregon, Illinois and
Delaware are on welfare?

The states most reliant an federal spending are almost all Republican voting states. The
states least reliant on federal spending are almost all Democratic voting ones. Trump won
five times as many counties as Biden but his counties all added up to producing 30% of
GDP. The counties that voted for Biden produced 70% of GDP.
<https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/2022/01/22/blue-states-pay-more-than-their-fair-share-here-are-the-receipts-column/>

>The first three are all known Democrat welfare pits.

In the ranking of states most dependent on federal spending, Washington ranks a measly
49th, Oregon is in the middle at #27.

In the top ten states most dependent there are 9 red states and one blue.

In the top ten states least dependent there are 2 red states and 8 blue.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700

>Then there is this little jewel, "Inbreeding is more common in the
>following states: Washington, Oregon, Montana, South Dakota, New
>Mexico,..."

Where did that come from? That text isn't above and there is no link to a cite for any of
this bullsh, excuse me, *information*.

>Interesting that the first three welfare states on the list would also be
>on the inbred list.
>
>Where did you say you lived again?

Where is this 'inbred' list you're bullshitting about?

For that matter, where is that bullshit welfare state list you're also bullshitting about?

max headroom

May 26, 2023, 10:26:00 PM5/26/23
In news:p7c27itpp425us5da...@4ax.com, Malte Runz
<nob...@busine.ss> typed:

> An Associated Press Fact Check finds it's actually the other way
> around. High-tax, traditionally Democratic states (blue), subsidize
> low-tax, traditionally Republican states (red) - in a big way. [...]
> ***

> How about that!

Sweet!

Bert

May 27, 2023, 1:59:50 AM5/27/23
"max headroom" <maximus...@gmx.com> wrote in news:u4rpnl$93ti$1@dont-
email.me:
And Democrats claim Republicans are dumb.

Malte Runz

May 27, 2023, 3:47:04 AM5/27/23
On Fri, 26 May 2023 20:54:52 -0400, Governor Swill
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 26 May 2023 11:56:00 -0400, dyno dan <lo...@is.important> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 26 May 2023 12:53:46 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>It's a known fact that Red states are more financially dependent on
>>>the federal government than blue states, and that blue states
>>>contribute more to the federal government than the red states.
>>

>>Cite, please.
>
>Again?
>
><https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink/2021/12/what-would-happen-if-blue-states-stopped-paying-for-red-states/>
><https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700>
><https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/2022/01/22/blue-states-pay-more-than-their-fair-share-here-are-the-receipts-column/>
><https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/new-study-ranks-most-least-federally-dependent-states-in-2023>
><https://smartasset.com/data-studies/states-most-dependent-federal-government-2023>
><https://sipanews.fiu.edu/2021/03/24/2021s-most-least-federally-dependent-states/>
><https://www.wboy.com/only-on-wboy-com/wboy-com-lists-and-rankings/west-virginia-one-of-the-most-federally-dependent-states-in-the-u-s-study-says/>
><https://wrnjradio.com/wallethub-new-jersey-is-2023s-least-federally-dependent-state/>
><https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/federal-aid-by-state>
><https://www.lobservateur.com/2023/03/17/report-louisiana-is-one-of-the-most-federally-dependent-states/>
><https://kbhbradio.com/news/2023s-most-least-federally-dependent-states-wallethub-study>
><https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/>
><https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/donor-states>
><https://wisevoter.com/state-rankings/donor-states/>

Some of the local talent think it's a sign that Republicans are
smarter than Democrats.

--
Malte Runz

Skeeter

May 27, 2023, 7:34:13 AM5/27/23
In article <spc37ih77id991ri4...@4ax.com>,
nob...@busine.ss says...
No sign needed. That is obvious.

dyno dan

May 27, 2023, 9:01:06 AM5/27/23
On Sat, 27 May 2023 01:04:25 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
wrote:

>On Fri, 26 May 2023 11:56:00 -0400, dyno dan <lo...@is.important>
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 26 May 2023 12:53:46 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>It's a known fact that Red states are more financially dependent on
>>>the federal government than blue states, and that blue states
>>>contribute more to the federal government than the red states.
>>

>>Cite, please.
>
>Of course. I thought everyone knew.

And all of your cites refer to the same "An Associated Press Fact
Check..."

AP, a strongly blue news organization. Where are the actual facts?

-dan z-

Lou Bricano

May 27, 2023, 10:56:54 AM5/27/23
On every date, oozing scarlet red maxipad attempted - and *failed* - to bullshit:
You've always been a fucking moocher, o oozing scarlet red maxipad. And you're
proud of it.

Malte Runz

May 27, 2023, 3:30:20 PM5/27/23
On Sat, 27 May 2023 05:57:30 -0000 (UTC), Bert <be...@ipdhouse.net>
wrote:
[Generic] Republicans say Democrats are "lazy" "leeches". Now we know
it's actually the other way around. You must be so proud.

--
Malte Runz

Malte Runz

May 27, 2023, 4:13:51 PM5/27/23
On Sat, 27 May 2023 09:01:03 -0400, dyno dan <lo...@is.important>
wrote:

>On Sat, 27 May 2023 01:04:25 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 26 May 2023 11:56:00 -0400, dyno dan <lo...@is.important>
>>wrote:

>>>Cite, please.
>>
>>Of course. I thought everyone knew.
>

>And all of your cites refer to the same "An Associated Press Fact
>Check..."

What are you talking about? No, they don't. I made sure I didn't make
that kind of rookie mistake.

The first one
https://tinyurl.com/sfppdexy
is from "MoneyGeek" and not from AP. Here is a list of their sources:

Bureau of Economic Analysis. "Gross Domestic Product by State, 1st
Quarter 2021." Accessed October 7, 2022.

Internal Revenue Service. "SOI Tax Stats - Gross Collections, by Type
of Tax and State - IRS Data Book Table 5." Accessed October 7, 2022.

USAspending.gov. "State Profiles." Accessed October 7, 2022.

U.S. Census Bureau. "2019 State & Local Government Finance Historical
Datasets and Tables." Accessed October 7, 2022.

The Washington Post. "The final GOP tax bill is complete. Here’s what
is in it." Accessed October 17, 2020.

The second
https://tinyurl.com/3w9rr5hm
is "A study by the Rockefeller Institute of Government". Not AP
either.

And the third
https://tinyurl.com/yc54teft
is AP doing a fact check on "the myth that red
low-tax states are subsidizing blue high-tax states because of the
deduction for state and local taxes".

And if you had clicked the link you'd have seen that it was an article
posted by FOX Business. Why else do you think I used that particular
piece?

>AP, a strongly blue news organization. ...

AP is about as neutral as it gets, and their material is used by
hundreds of news outlets all over the world, both left and right
leaning. You obviously have no clue what they do, if you think that
they perform this type of study. You dismissed everything without
looking at it, simply because you saw the two letters A and P and
believed you had an argument. Are you always that easy to manipulate?

> ... Where are the actual facts?

This is your time to shine, buddy. You show me "the actual facts"
instead of lying about the sources I presented to buttress my claim.
Find the data that debunks me, the study from the Rockefeller
Institute of Government, and the other sources I listed, or accept
that I was right and you've been left standing with piss all over your
face.

--
Malte Runz

Skeeter

May 27, 2023, 4:31:52 PM5/27/23
In article <okc37idlm0bhpshjr...@4ax.com>,
nob...@busine.ss says...
No we actually work for what we get.

Gerald

May 27, 2023, 6:24:17 PM5/27/23
Lazy rightists need to start contributing to America soon.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2020/11/09/biden-voting-
counties-equal-70-of-americas-economy-what-does-this-mean-for-the-nations-
political-economic-divide/

Biden-voting counties equal 70% of America’s economy.

ven with a new president and political party soon in charge of the White
House, the nation’s economic standoff continues. Notwithstanding
President-elect Joe Biden’s solid popular vote victory, last week’s
election failed to deliver the kind of transformative reorientation of the
nation’s political-economic map that Democrats (and some Republicans) had
hoped for. The data confirms that the election sharpened the striking
geographic divide between red and blue America, instead of dispelling it.

Most notably, the stark economic rift that Brookings Metro documented
after Donald Trump’s shocking 2016 victory has grown even wider. In 2016,
we wrote that the 2,584 counties that Trump won generated just 36% of the
country’s economic output, whereas the 472 counties Hillary Clinton
carried equated to almost two-thirds of the nation’s aggregate economy.

A similar analysis for last week’s election shows these trends continuing,
albeit with a different political outcome. This time, Biden’s winning base
in 509 counties encompasses fully 71% of America’s economic activity,
while Trump’s losing base of 2,547 counties represents just 29% of the
economy. (Votes are still outstanding in 28 mostly low-output counties,
and this piece will be updated as new data is reported.)
Table 1. Candidates’ counties won and share of GDP in 2016 and 2020
Year Candidate Counties won Total votes Aggregate share of
US GDP
2016 Hillary Clinton 472 65,853,625 64%
Donald Trump 2,584 62,985,106 36%
2020 Joe Biden 520 81,283,098 71%
Donald Trump 2,564 74,222,958 29%

Note: 2020 figures reflect unofficial results from 99% of counties.
Figures for 2020 represent results from 100% of counties for which 2018
GDP data are available. Some county equivalents have been consolidated
into counties to match the geography of BEA GDP data.

Source: Brookings analysis of data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis,
Dave Leip’s Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections, The New York Times, and
Moody’s Analytics

Fig1

So, while the election’s winner may have changed, the nation’s economic
geography remains rigidly divided. Biden captured virtually all of the
counties with the biggest economies in the country (depicted by the
largest blue tiles in the nearby graphic), including flipping the few that
Clinton did not win in 2016.

By contrast, Trump won thousands of counties in small-town and rural
communities with correspondingly tiny economies (depicted by the red
tiles). Biden’s counties tended to be far more diverse, educated, and
white-collar professional, with their aggregate nonwhite and college-
educated shares of the economy running to 35% and 36%, respectively,
compared to 16% and 25% in counties that voted for Trump.

In short, 2020’s map continues to reflect a striking split between the
large, dense, metropolitan counties that voted Democratic and the mostly
exurban, small-town, or rural counties that voted Republican. Blue and
red America reflect two very different economies: one oriented to diverse,
often college-educated workers in professional and digital services
occupations, and the other whiter, less-educated, and more dependent on
“traditional” industries.

With that said, it would be wrong to describe this as a completely static
map. While the metropolitan/ nonmetropolitan dichotomy remained starkly
persistent, 2020 election returns produced nontrivial movement, as Biden
added modestly to the Democrats’ metropolitan base and significantly to
its vote base. Most notably, Biden flipped six of the nation’s 100
highest-output counties, strengthening the link between these core
economic hubs and the Democratic Party. More specifically, Biden flipped
half of the 10 most economically significant counties Trump won in 2016,
including Phoenix’s Maricopa County; Dallas-Fort Worth’s Tarrant County;
Jacksonville, Fla.’s Duval County; Morris County in New Jersey; and Tampa-
St. Petersburg, Fla.’s Pinellas County.

Altogether, those losses shaved about 3 percentage points’ worth of GDP
off the economic base of Trump counties. That reduced the share of the
nation’s GDP produced by Republican-voting counties to a new low in recent
times.

Why does this matter? This economic rift that persists in dividing the
nation is a problem because it underscores the near-certainty of both
continued clashes between the political parties and continued alienation
and misunderstandings.

To start with, the 2020’s sharpened economic divide forecasts gridlock in
Congress and between the White House and Senate on the most important
issues of economic policy. The problem—as we have witnessed over the past
decade and are likely to continue seeing—is not only that Democrats and
Republicans disagree on issues of culture, identity, and power, but that
they represent radically different swaths of the economy. Democrats
represent voters who overwhelmingly reside in the nation’s diverse
economic centers, and thus tend to prioritize housing affordability, an
improved social safety net, transportation infrastructure, and racial
justice. Jobs in blue America also disproportionately rely on national R&D
investment, technology leadership, and services exports.

By contrast, Republicans represent an economic base situated in the
nation’s struggling small towns and rural areas. Prosperity there remains
out of reach for many, and the party sees no reason to consider the
priorities and needs of the nation’s metropolitan centers. That is not a
scenario for economic consensus or achievement.

At the same time, the results from last week’s election likely underscore
fundamental problems of economic alienation and estrangement.
Specifically, Trump’s anti-establishment appeal suggests that a sizable
portion of the country continues to feel little connection to the nation’s
core economic enterprises, and chose to channel that animosity into a
candidate who promised not to build up all parts of the country, but
rather to vilify groups who didn’t resemble his base.

If this pattern continues—with one party aiming to confront the challenges
at top of mind for a majority of Americans, and the other continuing to
stoke the hostility and indignation held by a significant minority—it will
be a recipe not only for more gridlock and ineffective governance, but
also for economic harm to nearly all people and places. In light of the
desperate need for a broad, historic recovery from the economic damage of
the COVID-19 pandemic, a continuation of the patterns we’ve seen play out
over the past decade would be a particularly unsustainable situation for
Americans in communities of all sizes.

No More Welfare for Rightists

May 27, 2023, 6:26:44 PM5/27/23
>Proof the OP is lying?

End rightist welfare donation now!

Biden-voting counties equal 70% of America’s economy.

Even with a new president and political party soon in charge of the White
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2020/11/09/biden-voting-
counties-equal-70-of-americas-economy-what-does-this-mean-for-the-nations-
political-economic-divide/

Republican Poverty

May 27, 2023, 6:27:18 PM5/27/23
>Cite, please.

But you believe the other uncited bullshit first?

Rightists have low intelligence. You must be another sister-fucking
inbreed.

Lazy Rightists On Welfare

May 27, 2023, 6:29:18 PM5/27/23
>And Democrats claim Republicans are dumb.

Rightists On Welfare

May 27, 2023, 6:31:18 PM5/27/23
>And all of your cites refer to the same "An Associated Press Fact
>Check..."
>
>AP, a strongly blue news organization. Where are the actual facts?

The OP just pulled lies out of his ass and you have the teremity to say
that with no evidence!

Go pick up your welfare check asshole.

max headroom

May 27, 2023, 9:03:38 PM5/27/23
In news:okc37idlm0bhpshjr...@4ax.com, Malte Runz
<nob...@busine.ss> typed:
I could say red-staters worked hard to snooker the blue-staters, but the reality
is, it wasn't really that hard compared to eking out a living in rural America.

Conservative neighbors, low taxes... sweet!

Governor Swill

May 28, 2023, 6:05:57 AM5/28/23
On Sat, 27 May 2023 09:01:03 -0400, dyno dan <lo...@is.important> wrote:

>AP, a strongly blue news organization.

Liar.

>Where are the actual facts?

Read AP and Reuters.

Governor Swill

May 28, 2023, 6:06:13 AM5/28/23
Your work must be taking from others.

Skeeter

May 28, 2023, 8:34:17 AM5/28/23
In article <oo967ipv5ejj9ncfg...@4ax.com>,
governo...@gmail.com says...

> On Sat, 27 May 2023 14:31:48 -0600, Skeeter <Skeet...@proton.me> wrote:
>
> >In article <okc37idlm0bhpshjr...@4ax.com>,
> >nob...@busine.ss says...

> >> [Generic] Republicans say Democrats are "lazy" "leeches". Now we know
> >> it's actually the other way around. You must be so proud.
> >

> >No we actually work for what we get.
>
> Your work must be taking from others.

You assume. Stop doing that. Not my fault you expect hand outs.

Siri Cruise

May 28, 2023, 9:10:40 AM5/28/23
Governor Swill wrote:

> [...]

To be fair we do get a chunk of change in part because of military
bases like Travis, Edwards, Camp Pendleton, Vandeberg, Monterey
Presidio, Navy Postgraduate School, Miramar. We also get money
from selling the feds things they, like rest of the world, want.
Like food.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Lexus

May 28, 2023, 4:34:46 PM5/28/23
On 28 May 2023, Siri Cruise <chine...@www.yahoo.com> posted some

> To be fair we do get a chunk of change in part because of military
> bases like Travis, Edwards, Camp Pendleton, Vandeberg, Monterey
> Presidio, Navy Postgraduate School, Miramar. We also get money
> from selling the feds things they, like rest of the world, want.
> Like food.

Don't forget about the federal billion$$$ for a "hi-speed" railroad that
will decimate the farmland and stop every 5 miles like a trolley car.
That's Democrat stupid for ya. What century will they get that done?

Malte Runz

May 28, 2023, 8:04:54 PM5/28/23
On Sun, 28 May 2023 20:34:44 -0000 (UTC), Lexus <le...@drive.fast>
wrote:

>On 28 May 2023, Siri Cruise <chine...@www.yahoo.com> posted some

>> To be fair we do get a chunk of change in part because of military
>> bases like Travis, Edwards, Camp Pendleton, Vandeberg, Monterey
>> Presidio, Navy Postgraduate School, Miramar. We also get money
>> from selling the feds things they, like rest of the world, want.
>> Like food.
>
>Don't forget about the federal billion$$$ for a "hi-speed" railroad that
>will decimate the farmland ...

"Decimate"? Take 10% of the existing farmland? Or do you mean 'destroy
the farmland'? I bet you have no idea how much farmland will be used
according to the plans.

> ... and stop every 5 miles like a trolley car.

Sounds a lot like a strawman. A really obvious and stupid one at that.

>That's Democrat stupid for ya. What century will they get that done?

No, that's you having no real arguments against a high speed (200+
mph) rail system that has proven it worth in Europe and Asia.

--
Malte Runz

Siri Cruise

May 29, 2023, 4:33:06 AM5/29/23
Malte Runz wrote:

>> Don't forget about the federal billion$$$ for a "hi-speed" railroad that
>> will decimate the farmland ...
>
> "Decimate"? Take 10% of the existing farmland? Or do you mean 'destroy
> the farmland'? I bet you have no idea how much farmland will be used
> according to the plans.

Grossly speaking California is a N/S ditch between two N/S
mountain complexes with E/W caps at the top and bottom. The ditch
being the Central or Sacramento-San Joaquin Valley. The western
side of this are the Coast Ranges which are where the crust is
crumbled due to friction with Pacific Ocean floor welded with
decapitated islands. The eastern side is the Sierra Nevada. At the
north end all these mountain ranges blend together with the
Cascades, volcanoes from the Pacific floor subduction up into
Canada. Along the south end of the Valley are the Tejachapis and
related mountains.

Most of the cities are among the coast ranges, San Francisco to
San Diego. The Valley is primarily agricultural where all the
farms are. The Coast Ranges have cattle ranches. The Sierra Nevada
rises to winter cold temperatures and snow.

Portions of the route are in the Coast Ranges around San Francisco
and the Coast Ranges and Tejachapis near Angeles. Tejachapi
heights get cold and the southern faces are desert.

The north/south part of the railroad is in the Sierra Nevada
foothills. I don't know the route and land use in detail, but it's
possible it's higher than farms, maybe among ranches. To get from
Coast to the Sierra Nevada, a slice of the Central Valley does
have be railroad.

>> ... and stop every 5 miles like a trolley car.
>
> Sounds a lot like a strawman. A really obvious and stupid one at that.

The system is expected to merge with existing commuter rails in
San Francisco and Los Angeles. These do have frequent stops. How
they will all merge in the end is still under study. The main
route is not commuter rail.

>> That's Democrat stupid for ya. What century will they get that done?
>
> No, that's you having no real arguments against a high speed (200+
> mph) rail system that has proven it worth in Europe and Asia.

As California sails across the Pacific, it consists of basins
surrounded by low hills (up to about 2000 meters), which are hard
for planes to climb over. And the basin floors are coverred in
houses, businesses and farms. As a result, we've run out places
for new airports unless we turn the Central Valley into Airstrip
Two. Los Angeles and San Francisco are major commercial centers,
for the USA and California, but they're becoming harder and harder
to get into and out of. So high speed rail is the transport of
last resort.

A proposed rail is Los Angeles to Las Vegas through the desert
south of the Tejachapis. That connects to the transcontinental
rail. I guess Nevada has room for more airports for California.
San Francisco also connects to transcontinental rail through the
Cascades to Washington and over the Sierra Nevada to Nevada.

Skeeter

May 29, 2023, 10:07:40 AM5/29/23
In article <u51ntp$1b8a9$1...@dont-email.me>, chine...@www.yahoo.com
says...