Of course trans people have rights but not the right to colonise women's sport

Eddie Moton Jr.

May 27, 2023, 7:07:01 PM5/27/23
Emily Bridges’ evisceration of British Cycling, accusing the governing
body of “furthering a genocide” by denying those born male the right to
ride competitively against women, is a classic of its oeuvre. It deploys
the transgender lobby’s well-worn tactic of warping women’s legitimate
grievances over fairness into some dastardly plot to erase trans people
from society. This is, and always was, a ludicrous overreach, engaging
with none of the reasons why so many female athletes are outraged and
instead making accusations of transphobia as sweeping as they are
baseless.

At no stage of this fevered debate has anybody advocated the “eradication”
of trans people, to use Bridges’ term. At no point have people put
Bridges’ “existence up for debate”, as alleged in a hyperbolic Instagram
post. On the contrary, all those asking questions in this conversation
have had to tread on eggshells in their use of language, constantly
checking pronouns and nuances so as not to inflame sensitivities. If only
the same could be said of the trans activists, whose idea of civilised
discourse is to denounce anyone not acquiescing in their world view as a
bigot.

Trans people have the freedoms and the rights to choose whatever path in
life gives them the greatest happiness. But there should emphatically not
be the right for biological males, having derived all the physiological
benefits of male puberty, to colonise the female category or to take
records and achievements away from women. Sarah Gibson, who attended an
elite boys’ school and is now non-binary, had no right to deny a young
woman lifelong membership of Cambridge University Boat Club simply by
identifying into the 2015 Boat Race as female. Austin Killips, who grew up
male and has written a blog on transitioning called “Estro Junkie”, had no
right to usurp Mexico’s Marcela Prieta at the Tour of the Gila, becoming
the first transgender rider to win a UCI stage race.

This is the context that Bridges wilfully disregards. The advantages of
male biology are so incontrovertible that Killips, a mediocre cyclist who
only took up the sport in 2019, is now being tipped for a spot on the US
team at next summer’s Paris Olympics. Bridges, by contrast, is anything
but a mediocrity. Let it be spelt out, for the avoidance of doubt, just
how much chaos Bridges could have created in women’s competition had
British Cycling not seen fit to act. Here is someone who, in 2018, set a
national junior men’s record over 25 miles, registering a time two minutes
faster than any senior female rider has delivered before or since. The
suggestion of Bridges having the capacity to beat Dame Laura Kenny, the
country’s greatest female Olympian, was no exaggeration.

For Bridges to assume, with this level of pedigree as a male, that there
was no problem entering women’s races with some testosterone suppression
represented the height of narcissism. And it left British Cycling with no
choice but to stop it happening. For if you allow something so egregiously
unfair, you surrender any efforts to assure women of a level playing
field. I have read Bridges’ emotive response more than once, and I
struggle to summon much sympathy. All the wild ranting about “bad-faith
actors” and “far-right ultra-capitalists” does nothing to challenge the
fact that biological men have no place in women’s sport.

Bridges talks of British Cycling’s ruling being a “violent act”, except it
is nothing of the sort. It is a justified – and, let us be frank, belated
– attempt to guarantee that female races are fair. Bridges refers to being
“banned from racing”, but this too is mistaken. There is nothing at all to
stop Bridges from lining up in the male category, or “open” category as it
has since been renamed. This seemed perfectly acceptable in the days when
the cyclist was still breaking junior male records, so why not now? The
very concept of a prohibition is just a transparent attempt to solicit
sympathy that is not deserved.

If anything, British Cycling’s decision still does not go far enough.
While common sense has been seen at last at the elite level, there is a
caveat that “our Breeze programme, a women-only community programme, will
continue to remain open and inclusive for transgender women and non-binary
people”. Why? Surely the clue is in the description “women-only”. Why
should women who have specifically chosen to ride in female-only events be
willing to tolerate a policy of pure self-ID for any post-puberty male who
fancies it? There is already fury about this exemption at the grassroots,
which the rulemakers would be ill-advised to ignore.

If there is one feature of this discussion of which I am heartily sick, it
is the idea that trans ideology only affects a tiny minority of people.
For when it is stretched to its most preposterous extremes, as we have
witnessed too often in sport, it has the potential to affect half the
population. It is women who risk having their accomplishments erased, not
trans people. A declaration by the Sports Council Equality Group in 2021
was unambiguous: inclusion and fairness were irreconcilable concepts.
Individual sports would have to choose. At long last, British Cycling has,
arriving at the inescapable conclusion that the rights of the many should
trump the entitlement of the few.

https://sports.yahoo.com/course-trans-people-rights-not-145202142.html

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 27, 2023, 7:09:30 PM5/27/23
On Sat, 27 May 2023 23:05:21 -0000 (UTC), "Eddie Moton Jr."
<eddiem...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Emily Bridges’ evisceration of British Cycling, accusing the governing
>body of “furthering a genocide” by denying those born male the right to
>ride competitively against women, is a classic of its oeuvre.

I'm OK with a minimum number of trans people dying because they can't
ride in the division that doesn't correspond with their actual sex.

Let's set it at, oh, say, 100.

ralph

May 28, 2023, 12:38:05 AM5/28/23
On 27 May 2023, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> posted some
ng.dwarf.com:
Be generous, round it off to a baker's hundred.

Siri Cruise

May 28, 2023, 2:18:00 AM5/28/23
Is a pregnant person with XY chromosomes a man or a woman?

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 28, 2023, 7:59:32 AM5/28/23
On Sat, 27 May 2023 23:17:57 -0700, Siri Cruise
<chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 May 2023 23:05:21 -0000 (UTC), "Eddie Moton Jr."
>> <eddiem...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Emily Bridges’ evisceration of British Cycling, accusing the governing
>>> body of “furthering a genocide” by denying those born male the right to
>>> ride competitively against women, is a classic of its oeuvre.
>>
>> I'm OK with a minimum number of trans people dying because they can't
>> ride in the division that doesn't correspond with their actual sex.
>>
>> Let's set it at, oh, say, 100.
>>

>Is a pregnant person with XY chromosomes a man or a woman?

How come Democrats have SUCH trouble figuring out what a woman is?

soup

May 28, 2023, 8:06:03 AM5/28/23
On 28/05/2023 07:17, Siri Cruise wrote:
> Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 May 2023 23:05:21 -0000 (UTC), "Eddie Moton Jr."
>> <eddiem...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Emily Bridges’ evisceration of British Cycling, accusing the governing
>>> body of “furthering a genocide” by denying those born male the right to
>>> ride competitively against women, is a classic of its oeuvre.
>>
>> I'm OK with a minimum number of trans people dying because they can't
>> ride in the division that doesn't correspond with their actual sex.
>>
>> Let's set it at, oh, say, 100.
>>

> Is a pregnant person with XY chromosomes a man or a woman?

How are you going to find a pregnant person with XY chromosones?
XY are generally male and do not have a uterus.
Swyer syndrome females (which have XY chromosones) never (never say
never) get pregnant

Siri Cruise

May 28, 2023, 9:31:38 AM5/28/23
Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
> On Sat, 27 May 2023 23:17:57 -0700, Siri Cruise
> <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:

>>> I'm OK with a minimum number of trans people dying because they can't
>>> ride in the division that doesn't correspond with their actual sex.
>>>
>>> Let's set it at, oh, say, 100.
>>>

>> Is a pregnant person with XY chromosomes a man or a woman?
>
> How come Democrats have SUCH trouble figuring out what a woman is?

If so easy, why no answer?

Siri Cruise

May 28, 2023, 9:37:57 AM5/28/23
soup wrote:
> On 28/05/2023 07:17, Siri Cruise wrote:
>> Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:

>>> I'm OK with a minimum number of trans people dying because they
>>> can't
>>> ride in the division that doesn't correspond with their actual
>>> sex.
>>>
>>> Let's set it at, oh, say, 100.
>>>

>> Is a pregnant person with XY chromosomes a man or a woman?
>>
>  How are you going to find a pregnant person with XY chromosones?

Use google.

Context: We report herein a remarkable family in which the mother
of a woman with 46,XY complete gonadal dysgenesis was found to
have a 46,XY karyotype in peripheral lymphocytes, mosaicism in
cultured skin fibroblasts (80% 46,XY and 20% 45,X) and a
predominantly 46,XY karyotype in the ovary (93% 46,XY and 6% 45,X).

Patients: A 46,XY mother who developed as a normal woman underwent
spontaneous puberty, reached menarche, menstruated regularly,
experienced two unassisted pregnancies, and gave birth to a 46,XY
daughter with complete gonadal dysgenesis.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 28, 2023, 9:43:01 AM5/28/23
On Sun, 28 May 2023 06:30:23 -0700, Siri Cruise
<chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 May 2023 23:17:57 -0700, Siri Cruise
>> <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Is a pregnant person with XY chromosomes a man or a woman?
>>
>> How come Democrats have SUCH trouble figuring out what a woman is?
>>

>If so easy, why no answer?

Aw, Siri's upset I don't want to play with her strawman.

Or is it straw woman?

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 28, 2023, 9:44:01 AM5/28/23
In other words, a freak of nature.

Siri Cruise

May 28, 2023, 11:11:04 AM5/28/23
Is a pregnant straw person with XY chromosomes a straw man or a
straw woman?

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 28, 2023, 11:21:57 AM5/28/23
On Sun, 28 May 2023 08:08:53 -0700, Siri Cruise
<chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>> On Sun, 28 May 2023 06:30:23 -0700, Siri Cruise
>> <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> If so easy, why no answer?
>>
>> Aw, Siri's upset I don't want to play with her strawman.
>>
>> Or is it straw woman?
>>

>Is a pregnant straw person with XY chromosomes a straw man or a
>straw woman?

With Democrats, it's hard to tell.

Just Wondering

May 28, 2023, 4:07:12 PM5/28/23
Give them this handy hint: If an adult person was born with
female reproductive organs, that person is a woman. Then
show them this movie clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_-bA-Ww5U

Just Wondering

May 28, 2023, 4:11:29 PM5/28/23
It does not require genetic testing. It is basic biology
at a macro level. Barring gross genetic birth defects,
men have male reproductive systems and women have female
reproductive systems. This is true regardless of how
a person thinks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_-bA-Ww5U

Just Wondering

May 28, 2023, 4:20:20 PM5/28/23
If "pregnant" doesn't answer the question you are
either stupid, delusional, or deliberately obtuse.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 28, 2023, 4:25:09 PM5/28/23
I'm thinking it's a combination of all three in this case.

Siri Cruise

May 28, 2023, 9:36:08 PM5/28/23
Democrats might respond with that's the point. Thank erisness
you're not wishy washy like democrats, and you can give gay answers.

Governor Swill

May 29, 2023, 1:36:40 AM5/29/23
On Sun, 28 May 2023 14:07:10 -0600, Just Wondering <J...@jw.com> wrote:

>Give them this handy hint: If an adult person was born with
>female reproductive organs, that person is a woman. Then
>show them this movie clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_-bA-Ww5U

What about when that person has XY chromosomes?

Swill
--
Democrats make me feel ashamed of being American.
Republicans make me feel ashamed of being human.

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine! Putin is a condom!

Governor Swill

May 29, 2023, 1:37:47 AM5/29/23
How can you be so ignorant and still think their opinion should carry any weight with
anybody?

Governor Swill

May 29, 2023, 1:39:18 AM5/29/23
On Sun, 28 May 2023 13:04:42 +0100, soup <inv...@invalid.com> wrote:

> How are you going to find a pregnant person with XY chromosones?
>XY are generally male and do not have a uterus.
>Swyer syndrome females (which have XY chromosones) never (never say
>never) get pregnant

Yes, they do.

Governor Swill

May 29, 2023, 1:40:19 AM5/29/23
Then you're being ignorant on purpose? Science has moved on past, "does it have a dick or
not?"

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 29, 2023, 6:30:11 AM5/29/23
On Sun, 28 May 2023 18:34:15 -0700, Siri Cruise
Only a Democrat would find a pregnant woman odd.

JNugent

May 29, 2023, 6:59:08 AM5/29/23
It's interesting that you are posting this within uk.rec.cycling.

Many, though certainly not all, of the regulars here are fully-fledged
right-on supporters of any latest trend and lunacy, the only relevant
criterion being that they imagine that it makes them look kewl and not
at all like a tit (their word, whatever it means).

They'll be madly signalling their imaginary virtue by gnashing their
teeth at the suggestion that only a woman can get pregnant.

soup

May 29, 2023, 7:49:07 AM5/29/23
On 29/05/2023 06:37, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Sun, 28 May 2023 13:04:42 +0100, soup <inv...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> How are you going to find a pregnant person with XY chromosones?
>> XY are generally male and do not have a uterus.
>> Swyer syndrome females (which have XY chromosones) never (never say
>> never) get pregnant
>
> Yes, they do.

Guess you missed the "never say never" part.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 29, 2023, 8:07:47 AM5/29/23
On Mon, 29 May 2023 01:37:32 -0400, Governor Swill
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 28 May 2023 13:04:42 +0100, soup <inv...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> How are you going to find a pregnant person with XY chromosones?
>>XY are generally male and do not have a uterus.
>>Swyer syndrome females (which have XY chromosones) never (never say
>>never) get pregnant
>
>Yes, they do.

Explain how please.

People with Swyer syndrome have female external genitalia and some
female internal reproductive structures. These individuals usually
have a uterus and fallopian tubes, but their gonads (ovaries or
testes) are not functional.
https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/swyer-syndrome/

Siri Cruise

May 29, 2023, 12:44:00 PM5/29/23
Your conclusion is XY chromosomes make you a woman. We need to
stop sll these women in mens sports.

Siri Cruise

May 29, 2023, 12:48:31 PM5/29/23
It's almost like simple answers are wrong.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 29, 2023, 12:54:02 PM5/29/23
On Mon, 29 May 2023 09:41:36 -0700, Siri Cruise
Note that "trans" women have not tried to get into men's sports, only
the other way around.

Just Wondering

May 29, 2023, 6:15:01 PM5/29/23
On 5/28/2023 11:36 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Sun, 28 May 2023 14:07:10 -0600, Just Wondering wrote:
>
>> Give them this handy hint: If an adult person was born with
>> female reproductive organs, that person is a woman. Then
>> show them this movie clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_-bA-Ww5U
>
> What about when that person has XY chromosomes?

Male/female, man/woman is determined at a macro biological level.

If an adult person was born with female reproductive organs
she is a woman. If she has XY chromosomes you won't know
it without a fairly sophisticated laboratory test, which
would only show she is a woman with rare a genetic mutation.

But that is a rarity. If a person "identifies as a woman"
but was born with male reproductive organs, he is a man
not a woman, and proclaiming "I am woman" does not make
it so.

Just Wondering

May 29, 2023, 6:23:07 PM5/29/23
On 5/28/2023 11:38 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Sun, 28 May 2023 14:09:50 -0600, Just Wondering wrote:
>>
>> It does not require genetic testing. It is basic biology
>> at a macro level. Barring gross genetic birth defects,
>> men have male reproductive systems and women have female
>> reproductive systems. This is true regardless of how
>> a person thinks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_-bA-Ww5U
>
> Then you're being ignorant on purpose? Science has moved on
> past, "does it have a dick or not?"

So says the science denier in this discussion.
The reality is this:
Man: a person with male primary sex characteristics
aka an adult male person.
Woman: a person with female primary sex characteristics
aka an adult female person.
Transwoman: a male with mental health problems.
Transman: a female with mental health problems.
"identifies as" : pretends to be, does not change
biological facts.

Josh Rosenbluth

May 29, 2023, 6:54:18 PM5/29/23
On 5/29/2023 3:21 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
> On 5/28/2023 11:38 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
>> On Sun, 28 May 2023 14:09:50 -0600, Just Wondering wrote:
>>>
>>> It does not require genetic testing.  It is basic biology
>>> at a macro level.  Barring gross genetic birth defects,
>>> men have male reproductive systems and women have female
>>> reproductive systems.  This is true regardless of how
>>> a person thinks.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_-bA-Ww5U
>>
>> Then you're being ignorant on purpose?  Science has moved on
>> past, "does it have a dick or not?"
>>
> So says the science denier in this discussion.
> The reality is this:
> Man:   a person with male primary sex characteristics
>        aka an adult male person.
> Woman: a person with female primary sex characteristics
>        aka an adult female person.

Those definitions are a matter of opinion. not a scientific fact.

bigdog

May 29, 2023, 7:00:08 PM5/29/23
There have been a few at the high school level but for the most part, that is true. I read about
a girl in Texas who identified as a boy and wanted to wrestle on the boys team (make your own
joke). She was prohibited from doing so and had to wrestle on the girls team. I guess some
states have girls wrestling.

I wouldn't have a problem with a girl wanting to play on boys teams because she wouldn't have
an unfair competitive disadvantage. I guess to be fair, if you aren't going to allow boys to play
on girls teams you shouldn't allow it the other way either.

There are sports such as bowling and golf where the advantages males have over females is not
as decisive. Two women have actually won tournaments on the men's pro bowling tour. A few
women have entered PGA events as sponsor exemptions. A few years ago, I was the golf coach
at one of the smallest high schools in Ohio. The schools in our league were allowed co-ed teams
because most of them didn't have enough players to field separate boys and girls teams. Some
of the girls were better than some of the boys on their teams.

The simple fact, however, is that boys are simply bigger, stronger, and faster than girls and in
most sports, those are decisive advantages. There is simply no way even the best girls could
compete against even average boys. Interscholastic and intercollegiate sports are about
competition, not participation. It matters who wins and who loses. They don't hand out
participation trophies. That's why the competitions should be made as fair as possible and
there is no way there can be a fair competition when boys are allowed to play on girls teams.
If you allow biological males into female sports and tranny is in the competition, you are telling
the girls they are playing for second place because in most cases they will have no chance of
beating a boy. When trannies are allowed in the competition, most of the time they win easily
and the girls they beat had no chance against them.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 29, 2023, 7:00:50 PM5/29/23
[Default] On Mon, 29 May 2023 15:52:55 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
<no...@nowhere.com> typed:
Yes, it's scientific fact.

bigdog

May 29, 2023, 7:05:18 PM5/29/23
It is a scientific fact that males, post puberty, are significantly bigger, stronger, and faster than
females and those advantages are decisive in most sports. I have no problem if a tranny wants
to pretend they are a member of the opposite sex. That shouldn't entitle them to participate in
athletic contests that were set aside to allow females to compete fairly for championships. Even
tranny Catlyn Jenner who knows a thing or two about competition understands that how
ridiculous it for biological males to be allowed into female sports.

Jimmy Chinda

May 29, 2023, 7:14:26 PM5/29/23
They are objective facts.

Penn Foster

May 29, 2023, 7:15:32 PM5/29/23
Just Wondering <J...@jw.com> wrote in
Correct. Any "medical professional" who says otherwise should have
their medical credentials revoked.

Penn Foster

May 29, 2023, 7:18:30 PM5/29/23
Josh Rosenbluth <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in news:u53ac9$1mdmn$1@dont-
email.me:
Unless you are from Mars, they are long established natural facts for
thousands of years. Even neanderthals knew the difference between men and
women.

Are you implying the current generation of woke liberals is so
biologically ignorant that they don't know the difference?

LifesiteNews

May 29, 2023, 7:29:59 PM5/29/23
>On 5/29/2023 3:52 PM, Josh Rosenbluth wrote:

>>> So says the science denier in this discussion.
>>> The reality is this:
>>> Man:¶ÿ¶ÿ a person with male primary sex characteristics
>>> ¶ÿ¶ÿ¶ÿ¶ÿ¶ÿ¶ÿ¶ÿ aka an adult male person.
>>> Woman: a person with female primary sex characteristics
>>> ¶ÿ¶ÿ¶ÿ¶ÿ¶ÿ¶ÿ¶ÿ aka an adult female person.
>>
>> Those definitions are a matter of opinion.
>
>They are objective facts.

Most of us support pedophile priests over trannys because they're our
brothers on the right.

Ever been raped by a minister or a priest? Sounds like more fun than those
stupid drag shows.

How can you argue with a man of God carrying a Bible in his hand?

Governor Swill

May 29, 2023, 9:36:31 PM5/29/23
ROTFLMAO! Calling anybody else a 'science denier'! ROTFL!

Governor Swill

May 29, 2023, 9:37:12 PM5/29/23
On Mon, 29 May 2023 23:18:27 -0000 (UTC), Penn Foster <pfo...@outlook.com> wrote:

>Unless you are from Mars, they are long established natural facts for
>thousands of years. Even neanderthals knew the difference between men and
>women.
>
>Are you implying the current generation of woke liberals is so
>biologically ignorant that they don't know the difference?

Are you saying that Neanderthal science was the equivalent of our own? That it is not
possible to learn anything new about human biology because Neanderthals already had it all
figured out?

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just Wondering

May 30, 2023, 12:57:05 AM5/30/23
When it comes to wrestling, girls would have one advantage due
to the inherent physical contact involved. Many boys would
feel reluctant to make some moves, and therefore not try their
best, for fear of being accused of committing what would amount
to sexual assault.