Re: [TacG_WW2] Digest for TacG_WW2@googlegroups.com - 4 Messages in 2 Topics

elml...@tiscali.co.uk

May 30, 2010, 8:41:23 AM5/30/10
to tacg...@googlegroups.com

Hi John,

Played the Mindanao scenario yesterday against Lawrence (only my second Pacific game). I am a little concerned from playing it and reading the posts on Geek that it is very unbalanced towards the Japanese. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Mike Smith

May 30, 2010, 7:58:15 PM5/30/10
to tacg...@googlegroups.com
Hi there Mike,
what you say is pretty true I guess. I chose it nonetheless because it has a low unit count; for the board configuration; and because I thought it'd be an interesting challenge. I guess scenarios E: West Tank Barrier or F: Stalemate could be substituted; scenario H: Dog Plus Eight at a pinch. I'm reluctant to go with any other narrow configuration Japanese/US scenarios because they push the unit count higher than I'm comfortable with.

The alternative- of switching the board configurations for the national matchups, falls foul of my self-imposed unit count requirement, ie. that it be as low as possible. So I could go with E I guess; in fact I can say that I will unless anyone else thinks it's a bad idea. This is a challenging scenario too but I prefer it to F myself.

I admit I may be being over cautious here but I'm keeping playing time in mind. If I am proved to be over cautious we can always bear this in mind for next year. Thanks for your comments Mike. Looking forward to seeing you all again in a few days. My best wishes to you and yours.
cheers,
John

John McLintock

May 31, 2010, 4:57:59 AM5/31/10
to tacg...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
hello again. Now that I've slept on this issue I've decided to go ahead on the basis of the suggested change: Scenario E, West Tank Barrier. If anyone has any further comments could you please get them to me today because I've got to get the tournament record sheets sorted. Thanks.
cheers,
John