Tournament paperwork

John McLintock

Jun 2, 2010, 4:59:55 AM6/2/10
to tacg...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
hello. I've just uploaded 3 documents to the group files:
  • The tournament rules.
  • Players' record sheets.
  • GM's record sheets.
The record sheets are finalised as far as I can see. The rules are mostly OK too. That is to say: the basic rules are straightforward. The rules for adjustments are where complications might arise. I have no experience at all of organising a tournament using seedings, but I figured that there had to be some kind of rules so that players weren't matched up against each other too often, and to ensure that players played as many different scenarios as possible.

The stated guiding principles aside my concern when framing the adjustment rules was to favour the lower-ranked players; eg. the pairings adjustments were limited to 2 to prevent the rules from pushing lower-ranked players too far up the rankings. Likewise the scenario adjustment rules were framed so that the lower-ranked players would be the ones more likely to enjoy the benefits of experience which would accrue from playing the same scenario and/or side more than once. I'm not sure that I've got those rules clear yet so any comments which might help me clarify them are more than welcome. Please note that I will only have an hour or two tonight and tomorrow morning to do any work on this, so these comments will need to be prompt. In any event I'm sure I can rely on everyone's friendly cooperation to help me decide how to apply these rules in practice on the day, if at all.

That's it for now. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
cheers,
John

John

Jun 2, 2010, 5:02:56 AM6/2/10
to World War 2 Tactical Guild
PS. I forgot to add that I'll be bringing copies of each document
sufficient to distribute as appropiate plus backups, so no one needs
to print out their own copies unless they really want to.
cheers,
John

On 2 June, 09:59, John McLintock <jmc...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
> hello. I've just uploaded 3 documents to the group files:
>
>     * The tournament rules.
>     * Players' record sheets.
>     * GM's record sheets.

jimfalkus

Jun 3, 2010, 6:57:02 AM6/3/10
to World War 2 Tactical Guild

It all seems very organised John, thank you for your hardwork co-
ordinating it all. Was a spectator last year and I'm looking forward
to participating this year. Just completed Moorhead's 'African
Trilogy' about the Desert campaign to put me in the mood. Just hope my
card sequence matches his luck!

John McLintock

Jun 3, 2010, 8:06:23 AM6/3/10
to tacg...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your kind words Jim. All my last minute preparations are done and dusted and I'm just about ready to roll on my journey south. One last point: I'm still not 100% sure where we'll be located. The last word I heard from Richard Denning was that we might be in the cocktail bar. I don't expect there'll be any complications arising from this.

One last thing: LAST CALL FOR 5PM VOLUNTEERS TO HELP US GET EVERYTHING SET UP TO ROLL PROMPTLY AT 6PM!

See you all tomorrow.
cheers,
John