Kommetjie / Slangkop - Mugging (22/10/2014)

Andre (Table Mountain Watch)

Nov 2, 2014, 1:05:59 PM11/2/14
to TableMoun...@googlegroups.com
Please note activity in this area - as per the message below.  Also the link which addresses an earlier attach in the same area.
Another attack on hikers in Kommetjie.
The message below is from my hiking friend Barbara who lives in Kommetjie. The attack happened on the way up, near the top. SAN Parks are supposed to be patrolling this area

This is to alert and inform my Kommetjie FB friends and fellow hikers: Saturday morning my German friend and I went up "our"mountain which forms also part of the Table mountain-Cape point trail.We were attacked by one man who grabbed my friend and held her down.We did not have not much on us but he got away with a watch and my cell phone.Luckily we were not injured and only a few bruises.

It is a very sad fact that this path and area has become a "NO GO "zone .My friends phantastic trip ended on a very scary and unhappy note .She left yesterday....Please share and be alert.
Love B

Belinda Oosthuizen

Nov 3, 2014, 1:02:26 AM11/3/14
to TableMoun...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear, B!
Please, please give us a description, anything you noticed - skin colour, clothing, shoes, cap, age, what did he have with him?
Belinda