Sandy Bay Mugging (08 February 2014 - approx. 19h30)

Andre (Table Mountain Watch)

Feb 9, 2014, 5:43:23 AM2/9/14
to TableMoun...@googlegroups.com
Good Day on the Mountain

Another mugging, in an ongoing series of muggings in this area, occured yesterday evening at about 19h30.  This time on or close to the beach itself.  A bag was stolen off a young couple after one of them was hit over the head.

A case has been opened at the SAPS Police Station.

We maintain that this coast line is a 'no-go' area and that people need to carefully consider their exposure to this kind of crime before visiting the area.  Its been quiet in the general, after TMNP Park Rangers saturated the area when one of their own was stabbed oo long ago.  But now that SAPS have arrested a suspect, dont expect the same level of 'policing' in the area.

We also note that the Rangers depart the area anywhere from 15h30 onward and that many of these attacks occur later in the evening.

Enjoy the day out there and be careful.

Table Mountain Watch
Also follow  @TablemntnWatch on Twitter.