Re: [train_support] error in getparm_aps

David Bekaert

Jan 8, 2018, 11:43:30 AM1/8/18
to TRAIN_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I did not try SNAP pre-processed data for stamps, so TRAIN might not be looking for all the right files there.
Currently TRAIN recognizes that the processor is stamps and has a few pre-processors included.
For SNAP it misses a few files which typically are generated though DORIS, gamma, or ISCE.

For example:
lambda.1.in
heading.1.in
The error is regarding TRAIN to find the UTC time in the master.res (DORIS) file on a line defined like "First_pixel_azimuth_time (UTC):"
For gamma it would look in the par files to find the string "center_time:"
You could try to "fake" this file and the content such it extracts the information.

Will change it such in case it does not find it like for the heading it gives a warning instead.
Can you also let me know in which files for SNAP the wavelength, heading, and UTC time are contained.
Can you also send me such a file, then i will attempt to include SNAP support as well.

Cheers,
D.

On 8 January 2018 at 02:24, Eszter Békési <bekesi....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi David,

I am a beginner in InSAR processing and I am trying to correct my interferograms for atmospheric effects. I processed 27 Sentinel-1A images, I prepared interferograms using ESA Snap, and I performed PS time series analysis with STAMPS. I identified that there was a strong correlation between phase and elevation. I would like to try first a simple phase-based linear correction with TRAIN, but I get an error when I am trying to set the parameters. Please find an example for the error message attached.
There might be a very easy solution, but could you please help me to move forward?

Best wishes,
Eszter

Eszter Békési

Jan 9, 2018, 5:49:48 AM1/9/18
to TRAIN - Toolbox for Reducing Atmospheric InSAR Noise
Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Yesterday I manage to solve this issue by copying the required stamps output files to a different folder and manually setting the heading and lambda in setparm_aps based on the attached file. Then I manage to run aps_linear with the stamps_processed flag set to 'yes'.  On the other hand, it would be a lot easier to have it automatized.
The Snap output file containing the heading, center time and radar frequency (lambda is calculated from that in Stamps load_initial_gamma) is located in my INSAR_master_date/rslc/masterdate.rslc.par file, please find it attached. I exported from Snap in gamma format, that is why I thought it should work with TRAIN. Please let me know if you manage to fix it.

Eszter
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to TRAIN_suppor...@googlegroups.com.
20170520.rslc.par

Vit

Jan 24, 2019, 11:28:09 AM1/24/19
to TRAIN - Toolbox for Reducing Atmospheric InSAR Noise
Hi David,
I have a similar problem with data processed in SNAP+StaMPS 4.1b. Could you upload the example files (lambda.1.in and heading.1.in) again, please? Because at the moment the links are not available.
Maybe there is some way to use the Heading and Lambda values from StaMPS parms file in TRAIN?
Thank you.

понедельник, 8 января 2018 г., 19:43:30 UTC+3 пользователь David Bekaert написал:
[...]

reyhanaz...@mail.ugm.ac.id

Feb 16, 2019, 7:08:23 AM2/16/19
to TRAIN - Toolbox for Reducing Atmospheric InSAR Noise
Dear Vit,
You need to run it from TRAIN folder. I run it there and it works

David Bekaert

Feb 17, 2019, 9:19:23 AM2/17/19
to TRAIN_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

heading.1.in is the heading angle in degrees wrt to the north.
lambda.1.in. is the wavelength in meters of the SAR instrument
master.res contain the following line with the UTC time of the acquisition: "First_pixel_azimuth_time (UTC):"
For gamma it would look in the par files to find the string "center_time:"

I will send an issue to the github gamma2stamps repo for having these files created during gamma set-up.

D.

reyhanaz...@mail.ugm.ac.id

Feb 21, 2019, 6:28:24 AM2/21/19
to TRAIN - Toolbox for Reducing Atmospheric InSAR Noise
Dea David,

I have a problem in step 2 which contains something like this
Step 2: Rotate the dataset
   PARM: heading = '192.4251'
   PARM: crop_flag = 'n'
   PARM: ll_matfile = '/ home / reyhan / Documents / SemarangPS / ps2.mat'
   PARM: powerlaw_h0 = 10
   PARM: powerlaw_alpha = 1.6
   PARM: powerlaw_xy_res = '30 30 '
   PARM: phuw_matfile = '/ home / reyhan / Documents / SemarangPS / phuw2.mat'
   PARM: hgt_matfile = '/ home / reyhan / Documents / SemarangPS / hgt2.mat'
   PARM: powerlaw_DEM_corr = 'n'
   PARM: bperp_matfile = '/ home / reyhan / Documents / SemarangPS / ps2.mat'
        Scaling and interpolation to a regular grid

Inf patches (+2 for the edges) in x-dir
NaN patches (+2 for the edges) in y-dir
50 procent patch overlap in x direction
50 procent patch overlap in y direction
Patch width with overlap in x-direction: 0
Patch width with overlap in y-direction: NaN
Warning: FOR loop index is too large. Truncating
to 9223372036854775807.
> In window_generation (line 119)
  In aps_powerlaw (line 394)
Is there a way to overcome it? I got the heading value from the StaMPS parameter and when I entered it I encountered a problem. If I set it to 0 or a small value, the process will run well.
Thank you

Reyhan

David Bekaert

Feb 21, 2019, 10:33:31 AM2/21/19