Significant effect of tropospheric correction

reyhanaz...@mail.ugm.ac.id

Nov 8, 2018, 2:56:57 AM11/8/18
to TRAIN - Toolbox for Reducing Atmospheric InSAR Noise
Dear Mr. David,

I want to use train correction for theses related to decreasing disgusting land. I have problems related to how significant before and after atmospheric correction is done based on your experience. Can this method significantly correct the atmosphere and how big is the impact? is it appropriate for me to give my research title with atmospheric estimation and correction?

Thank you and I hope you can help.

David Bekaert

Nov 8, 2018, 11:07:34 AM11/8/18
to TRAIN_...@googlegroups.com
Referring you to literature on APS.
The train paper (Remote sensing of Environment) gives a broad overview of the different correction methods included in TRAIN, it has also references to other works.
The existing literature might give you an indication on the magnitude of the delays/corrections.

Cheers,
D.

reyhanaz...@mail.ugm.ac.id

Nov 12, 2018, 3:53:19 AM11/12/18
to TRAIN - Toolbox for Reducing Atmospheric InSAR Noise
is there any effect if I don't use the atmospheric sounding data? Because in my station just have wind speed data.

David Bekaert

Nov 12, 2018, 10:54:19 AM11/12/18
to TRAIN_...@googlegroups.com
The sounding station will not render a correction.
Typically its used to estimate a parameter for the powerlaw method or to get a feeling for delay magnitude.
For correcting you SAR data you should be looking towards the spectrometer, weather model and phase based corrections.

Cheers,
D.

REYHAN AZERIANSYAH

Jan 11, 2019, 12:01:14 AM1/11/19
to TRAIN_...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. David,
I will use the PS method at StaMPS to conduct a study for tropospheric corrected land subsidence in my thesis project. Can this be done?
Is to validate the correctness of the troposphere correction data before and after the StaMPS method must be a fixed object on the surface of the earth (building or fixed rock) that does not experience movement to find out how much influence it has on deformation before I validate the land subsidence area?  Because GNSS data is data that has the surface of the earth while PS is a fixed object on the surface of the earth
Thankyou and Best Regards,
Reyhan

---
Reyhan Azeriansyah
Graduate Student of Geomatic Engineering
Faculty of Engineering, Gadjah Mada University
Jl. Grafika No. 2, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta. Indonesia 55281
m : +628994479690 / +6281215799250

e  : reyhanaz...@mail.ugm.ac.id /
 reyhan_az...@yahoo.com