Take Our Word For It Issue 201

Melanie and Mike

Jan 31, 2006, 10:12:37 PM1/31/06
to Take Our Word for It
Take Our Word For It Issue 201
http://www.takeourword.com

For Mac users who have trouble with our regular homepage:
http://www.takeourword.com/indexmac.html

**Greetings**

Hey, we made it back in just a fortnight! What's wrong (right) with
this picture?

**This Week's Issue**

NOTE: The links in this newsletter are good until the next issue is
published.

In Spotlight we visit the great outdoors
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page1.html

In Words to the Wise we bring you the following words:

individual
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page2.html#individual

The surnames of the members of the band The Who (!)
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page2.html#who

blog
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page2.html#blog

mercaptan
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page2.html#mercaptan

In Curmudgeons' Corner TOWFI staffer Malcolm Tent is teed off
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page3.html

In Sez You... we hear about Kurt Weill; purposefully/purposely;
Konfident Kids; spiffy; noun-verbs; brass monkey; and wet/whet your
whistle
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page4.html

In Laughing Stock we bring you the winning words from a pretty old
contest
http://www.takeourword.com/current/page5.html

**Newsletter-Only Etymology (NOE)**

Writing bi-weekly TOWFI issues and a blog is quite enough for us at the
moment. Give us a few more weeks to get accustomed to this before we
try to give you more etymology (NOEs) between issues. Thank you for
your patience (Whew!).

**Laughing Stock**

Please send us material for Laughing Stock. This week's winner, Joan
Witherspoon, will receive a $10 gift certificate to Amazon.com.
Thanks, Susan!

**Curmudgeons' Corner**

Send us your complaints and you may be the next Guestmudgeon. Dear
readers, you have been pretty quiet on the complaint front. Get to
griping!

**Blog**

Don't forget our blog at http://www.takeourword.com/blog1. We pop on a
few times a week and discuss this etymology or that usage. Let us know
your thoughts. You can also comment on the current or past issues.

**T-shirt Store**

Don't forget to help us stamp out netymology! One reader suggested
buying the book bag and wearing it as lederhosen!
http://www.cafepress.com/towfi

**Book Store**

Something else not to forget: check the book store at
http://www.takeourword.com/bookStore.html . A new book review is on
the way.

Until next time,
Take Our Word For It!