TABLE MOUNTAIN TRAILERS: SATURDAY 4 SEPTEMBER 2021 - SILVERMINE EAST (NON-DAM SIDE)

Bellairs, T. (Tim)

Aug 30, 2021, 5:23:45 AM8/30/21
to tmtra...@googlegroups.com, Tim Bellairs (tim.bellairs@gmail.com)

Hi Trailers

This Saturday 4 September 2021 we will head to Silvermine East (non-Dam side)

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the parking area Silvermine Gate 2 parking area as soon after 08h00 as possible ready to start at 08:10.  Officially the gate only opens at 08h00.  PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO CELL PHONE RECEPTION AT THE CAR PARK.  So don’t be late because you won’t be able to notify us.

Not sure if they are still official charging an entry fee but historically it was R5.00.  Please bring a generous tip for the car guard.

Route details

We will do a clockwise circular route which will take us to first past Wolfkop, Fat Lady’s Cave / Higher Steenberg Peak.  Then we stick to the outer ridge path and drop down to the aerial enclosure.  From there we proceed to tag Muizenberg Peak.  Drop down to the top of Farmer Peck’s Valley and on to St James Peak and then Muizenberg Cave.  From the cave we descend past Geoff’s Spike and cross the gravel jeep track twice before the climb to Kalk Bay Peak.  Cross the top of Spes Bona Valley and over to the Amphitheatre.  Through the Amphitheatre towards Cave Peak, down Dooiemanspad and follow the contour to join the jeep track again near the waterfall.  Jeep track back to the car park.

Please remember this a pack run, and it’s important that we look out for each other.

Terrain and Distance

Mostly undulating single track with some short sharp climbs and a little jeep track to finish on.

Distance: +- 13 kms taking about 2 - 2.5hrs for Medium Group.  Various short cuts available.

Relaxed Group and Walking group to be confirmed on Friday.

*Please note adjustments to the route may be made whilst running depending on the group and weather conditions.

Please bring:

A whistle, WATER  a warm & waterproof/windproof top, space blanket and ICE (In case of Emergency) tag or card.

Unfortunately no dogs are allowed on our runs.

Please remember to adhere to the COVID rules below:

  • No gathering in a big group at start or end of the run.
  • All runners to carry a mask or buff.
  • Practice social/physical distancing.
  • We will break into small groups as per regulations while we run.
  • No personal sign in – ensure the leader ticks you in/out. Please carry emergency contact numbers in your bag or on your wrist/shoe.
  • We will monitor the groups on a weekly basis for size.
  • VOB reserves the right to stop TMT if the COVID infections increase again in the Western Cape.
  • If you have any symptoms, have been in contact with anyone with symptoms or are feeling unwell, please stay at home.

Have a great week!

Regards

Run Organiser

Tim Bellairs

0823210299

********************
Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser
********************

Tim Bellairs

Feb 4, 2022, 4:16:20 AM2/4/22
to tmtra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trailers

Tomorrow’s run is ON.

Remember to prepare for sun, wind and very little water on the route.  Will be fun.

NO WALKING GROUP THAT I AM AWARE OF BUT THERE WILL BE THE MAIN GROUP AND A RELAXED GROUP.

See you tomorrow.

Gaeleen and Julian Tompkins

Sep 5, 2022, 5:04:44 AM9/5/22
to Table Mountain Trailers

Hi Trailers

This Saturday 10 September 2022 we will head to Silvermine East (non-Dam side)

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the parking area Silvermine Gate 2 parking area as soon after 08h00 as possible ready to start at 08:10.  Officially the gate only opens at 08h00.  PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO CELL PHONE RECEPTION AT THE CAR PARK.  So don’t be late because you won’t be able to notify us.

Not sure if they are still official charging an entry fee but historically it was R5.00.  Please bring a generous tip for the car guard.

Route details

Exact route still to be decided

Please remember this a pack run, and it’s important that we look out for each other.

Terrain and Distance

Mostly undulating single track with some short sharp climbs and a little jeep track to finish on.

Distance: +- 13 kms taking about 2 - 2.5hrs for Medium Group.  Various short cuts available.

Relaxed Group and Walking group to be confirmed on Friday.

*Please note adjustments to the route may be made whilst running depending on the group and weather conditions.

Please bring:

A whistle, WATER  a warm & waterproof/windproof top, space blanket and ICE (In case of Emergency) tag or card.

Unfortunately no dogs are allowed on our runs.

Have a great week!

Regards

Run Organiser

Tim Bellairs

0823210299

image001.png

Gaeleen and Julian Tompkins

Feb 6, 2023, 1:29:01 AM2/6/23
to Table Mountain Trailers

Hi Trailers

This Saturday 11 February 2023 we will run the mountains above Muizenberg, St James and Kalk Bay

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the parking area outside The Stripped Horse in Muizenberg (or parking at surfer’s corner area)Be Ready to run at 6h00 – please come a little earlier to sign in and for a run briefing.

Please bring a generous tip for the car guard.

Bring your swimming costume and  towel for a cool off swim at Muizenberg afterwards

Lots of nice options for breakfast/coffee after the run too

Route details

Exact route still to be decided, but plan on doing a clockwise route, maybe going up Bailey’s kloof, and down Pecks valley, with plenty of running at the top

Please remember this a pack run, and it’s important that we look out for each other.

Terrain and Distance

Mostly undulating single track, jeep track with some steep climbs

Distance: +- 13 kms taking about 2 - 2.5hrs – extra loops can be added for extra distance

Walking group to be confirmed on Friday.

*Please note adjustments to the route may be made whilst running depending on the group and weather conditions.

Please bring:

A whistle, WATER  a warm & waterproof/windproof top, space blanket and ICE (In case of Emergency) tag or card.

Unfortunately no dogs are allowed on our runs.

Have a great week!

Regards

Run Organiser

Gaeleen Tompkins

083 55 696 79

.

image001.png

Gaeleen and Julian Tompkins

Feb 9, 2023, 11:53:09 PM2/9/23
to Table Mountain Trailers

Hi Trailers

Tomorrow’s run is ON

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the parking area outside The Stripped Horse in Muizenberg (or parking at surfer’s corner area)Be Ready to run at 6h00 – please come a little earlier to sign in and for a run briefing.

Sunrise is a 6h17, gentle breeze and fairly warm – please ensure you come prepared

Please bring a generous tip for the car guard.

Bring your swimming costume and  towel for a cool off swim at Muizenberg afterwards

Lots of nice options for breakfast/coffee after the run too

Route details

See attached map and GPX files

We will run the route in a clockwise direction  Please remember this a pack run, and it’s important that we look out for each other.

The longer/ fast group’s planned  run in Red. ( Bit more Single track. )  - distance about 12 km

They take the Hill Top Path to Spes Bona, Up Spes Bona and the Skirting above the Amphi theater, Join the Crassula Path and  head Straight over Maiden Peak to above the Waterfall before heading back to Pecks

The medium/slower group’s  planned route in Blue. (More Jeep Track on top of the Mountain) – distance about 10 km

Added a short cut for the Short route in Green  - distance about 8 km

*Please note adjustments to the route may be made whilst running depending on the group and weather conditions.

Walking group – No group this week

Please bring:

A whistle, WATER  a warm & waterproof/windproof top, space blanket and ICE (In case of Emergency) tag or card.

Unfortunately no dogs are allowed on our runs.

Regards

Run Organiser

Gaeleen Tompkins

083 55 696 79

.

.

image001.png
Silver Mine and Kalk Bay Mountains 11-02-2023 Crop.jpg
SHLongroute5397811117.gpx
SHMedroute5393539411.gpx

Gaeleen and Julian Tompkins

Feb 20, 2023, 3:09:07 AM2/20/23
to Table Mountain Trailers

Good morning trailers

This Saturday we are in for a little bit of a hump

From Cecilia Forest we will head towards Eagles Nest, gather our wings and fly up the mountain making our way to Camel rock then De Villiers dam.

From De Villiers dam we will head down the jeep track.

Once we've reached the bend with the overlapping trees we will head down the steps and then make our way pass Cecilia waterfall, contour path we turn left and make our way to Skeleton Gorge, down the steps and make our way back to Cecilia parking lot.

Venue: Cecilia Forest parking

Start time 6am

Arrive a few minutes earlier to sign in.

Please note you might need a headlamp for the first few minutes

Distance: Distance for this would be about 13.5kms

Relaxed group/shorter version – will skip out the Eagles next part

Walking group to be confirmed on Friday.

*Please note adjustments to the route may be made whilst running depending on the group and weather conditions.

Please bring:

A whistle, WATER  a warm & waterproof/windproof top, space blanket and ICE (In case of Emergency) tag or card.

Unfortunately no dogs are allowed on our runs.

Have a great week!

Regards

Run Organiser

Grant Carelse

0833546128

.

image001.png

Gaeleen and Julian Tompkins

Feb 24, 2023, 12:49:20 AM2/24/23
to Table Mountain Trailers

Good morning trailers

Tomorrow’s run is ON

See details below

Walking group is confirmed

This Saturday we are in for a little bit of a hump

From Cecilia Forest we will head towards Eagles Nest, gather our wings and fly up the mountain making our way to Camel rock then De Villiers dam.

From De Villiers dam we will head down the jeep track.

[...]

Jul 2, 2023, 12:18:20 PM7/2/23
to Table Mountain Trailers

Good day Trailers.

Twist in the trail: Gone2Gone Challenge

This Saturday we are oppit with the Gone challenge but with a twist in the trail. The route has been altered slightly to our soles delight.

Saturday 8 July 2023

Check in time: 6.45am

Start: 7am

Where: Gone Store, High Constantia

We have two routes.

The medium paced group will do the longer route option 19 kms (elevation gain 1148m)

and

The chilled group will do a shorter option

12.5 kms elevation gain (517m)

Both routes include descending Vlakkenberg to the finish.

FAQ.

1. Are we allowed to choose our own route?

Yes, we are.

2. Will we still be eligible for a lucky draw prize?

Yes, but if you are competing for fastest overall time No.

Route to be shared on Friday.

Gone4Good's goal this year is to raise as much funds as possible for Protect the West Coast, Sentinel Ocean Alliance, Dream Higher and the African Pangolin Working Group.

Get involved by signing up to run and make a donation to the cause!

Signing up and completing the challenge gets your name in the lucky draw.

Please check out the link

https://goneoutdoor.com/pages/gone4good

Have a great week!

Regards

Run Organiser

Grant Carelse

0833546128

.

.

image001.png

Gaeleen and Julian Tompkins

Jul 7, 2023, 3:09:42 AM7/7/23
to Table Mountain Trailers

Morning Trailers

Tomorrow’s run is ON, details below as well as a map of the two routes.   The weatherman predicts rain and wind, so please come prepared.

There is a walking group – weather permitting – the decision will be made on Saturday and communicated via their WhatsApp group – please contact Gaeleen 0835569679 if you need to be added to that group

[...]

TMT Gone shorter version.jpg
Gone with a twist.jpg

Gaeleen and Julian Tompkins

Oct 23, 2023, 12:59:20 AM10/23/23
to Table Mountain Trailers

Good day all

This week we will join up with the Trail Fun Adventure group who once a month does a longer route option.

Venue: Cape Point Nature Reserve

Please note there is an Entry Fee into the nature reserve.  Please see the SanParks website for details

Details:

The Ultimate Lighthouse, Cape Point, Breakfast Run

Meeting point: Buffels Bay Parking, Cape Point

28th October 2023, 6:30am for 7am

Two loops of Trail Fun

1st loop: starting at 7am includes Kanonkop +- 11,5kms (approx 1.5hrs)

2nd loop: starting at 8.35am includes the Ultimate Lighthouse +-16.5kms (2.5 - 3hrs)

Run Organisers:

Grant - Table Mountain Trailers & Trail Fun Adventures

Sharron Brouckaert - Trail Fun Adventures

Bring and share picnic afterwards.

Have a great week!

Regards

Run Organiser

Grant Carelse

0833546128

.

image001.png
Cape Point.jpeg
Cape Point runs.jpeg

Gaeleen and Julian Tompkins

Oct 27, 2023, 12:50:36 AM10/27/23
to Table Mountain Trailers

Hi All

Tomorrow’s run is on

No walking group, but there will be a more relaxed group doing the 1st loop only

.

image001.png
Cape Point.jpeg
Cape Point runs.jpeg

Gaeleen and Julian Tompkins

Nov 19, 2023, 8:27:51 AM11/19/23
to Table Mountain Trailers

Hi Trailers

This Saturday 25 November 2023 we will run the mountains above Muizenberg, St James and Kalk Bay

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the parking area outside The Stripped Horse in Muizenberg (or parking at surfer’s corner area)Be ready to run at 6h30 – please come a little earlier to sign in and for a run briefing.

Please bring a generous tip for the car guard.

Bring your swimming costume and  towel for a cool off swim at Muizenberg afterwards

Lots of nice options for breakfast/coffee after the run too

Route details

We will head up to Boyes Drive from The Stripped Horse, go through Hole in the Wall and  will do a clockwise route, going up Bailey’s kloof, and down Pecks valley, with plenty of running at the top

The attached picture is the route the relaxed group will follow – the faster group can add extra loops for more distance

Please remember this is a pack run, and we will split into a few groups on the day, but it’s important that we look out for each other.

Terrain and Distance

Mostly undulating single track, jeep track with some steep climbs

Distance: +- 13 kms taking about 2 - 2.5hrs – extra loops can be added for extra distance

Walking group to be confirmed on Friday

*Please note adjustments to the route may be made whilst running depending on the group and weather conditions.

Please bring:

A whistle, WATER  a warm & waterproof/windproof top, space blanket and ICE (In case of Emergency) tag or card.

Unfortunately no dogs are allowed on our runs.

Have a great week!

Regards

Run Organiser

Gaeleen Tompkins

083 55 696 79

.

.

image001.png
TMT Kalk Bay from Stripped horse.JPG

Gaeleen and Julian Tompkins

Nov 24, 2023, 12:35:11 AM11/24/23
to Table Mountain Trailers

Hi Trailers

Tomorrow’s run is ON

There is no official walking group

Please see attached suggested route  – the main group can follow the red route and go up Spes Bona and the relaxed group the blue route going up Bailey’s  – with plenty of options

See you in the morning

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the parking area outside The Striped Horse (York Road) in Muizenberg (or parking at surfer’s corner area)Be ready to run at 6h30 – please come a little earlier to sign in and for a run briefing.

Please bring a generous tip for the car guard.

Bring your swimming costume and  towel for a cool off swim at Muizenberg afterwards

Lots of nice options for breakfast/coffee after the run too

Route details

We will head up to Boyes Drive from The Striped Horse, go through Hole in the Wall and  will do a clockwise route, going up Bailey’s kloof or Spes Bona and down Pecks valley, with plenty of running at the top

[...]

TMT Kalk Bay from Striped horse.JPG
Silver Mine and Kalk Bay Mountains 11-02-2023 Crop (002).jpg