TABLE MOUNTAIN TRAILERS Nest Run Saturday 12th February - Red Disa run

Gaeleen and Julian Tompkins

Feb 7, 2022, 12:36:36 AM2/7/22
to Table Mountain Trailers

Hi All

Saturday 12th February 2022 –  Red Disa Run – Constantia Neck, Reservoirs, Aqueducts – a few optional routes

This Saturday we will go on our annual hunt for the red disas, although I think we weren’t able to do it officially last year?. Our route takes us from Constantia neck to the Aqueducts, where the Red Disas are in full bloom.

Brief Description of Route

From the Constantia Neck parking,  up the single track past the ‘Bailiff cottage’.  From here there will be a few options to get to the Aqueducts.  Your leader of the day will choose the route.  We hope to all meet at the aqueducts to see and photograph the red disas.

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the Constantia Neck parking opposite the Constantia Neck restaurant, (I’m making the start nice and early because the parking gets full and we have a longer run) - in time to start running at 06h00 (please come at least 10 mins earlier to allow time for signing the register and for the pre-run brief)  Just for fun – wear something red

Terrain and Distance

The usual uphill start up the single track up to the ‘Bailiff cottage’ .  Thereafter, good and easy single and Jeep tracks .   More or less 14 km taking in the region of about 3.0 hoursPlease note this is a pack run, and we will divide into a few pace groups on the day with a leader and a sweep chosen per group,

There will be a relaxed group.  Walking group to be confirmed.

Please take note of the longer time for this route

How to get there?

From the Constantia side head up towards Hout Bay. At the circle, go three-quarters round and park at the Constantia Neck parking opposite the Constantia Neck restaurant.

IMPORTANT:
Please make sure to bring enough water ie. minimum 1.5L for the duration of the run. Also ensure you carry a warm/windproof top and a whistle.  Also please carry some form of ICE details

By now you all know the COVID drill – remember to carry a mask/buff

K-Way VOB does not allow dogs on our runs

Have a great week

Gaeleen

(083 55 696 79)

K-Way VOB's Medium Distance Trail Group

Website:  www.kwayvob.co.za
Blog: http://vobtrailwrg.blogspot.com/ <http://vobtrailwrg.blogspot.com/>
Warning: Trail running is inherently more dangerous than road running.  It takes place over uneven hazard strewn trails in exposed and often remote terrain where help is not always readily available.
Participation is voluntary and entirely at your own risk as although the organizers take reasonable precautions to ensure runner safety, it cannot be guaranteed.  To this end neither the Club nor the organisers personally can be held liable for any claims relating to inter alia, injuries, disabilities and death.
Further any minor child participating in any trail running activity will be deemed to be doing so with the consent of his or her guardian.
By starting out on a trail run you explicitly acknowledge that: 1] you understand the associated risks involved and accept full responsibility for your own safety. 2] you are medically and physically fit to participate and 3] are carrying the necessary water, clothing and safety equipment required for the particular run.

--

.

image003.jpg

Gaeleen and Julian Tompkins

Feb 10, 2022, 11:52:23 PM2/10/22
to Table Mountain Trailers

Hi All

Tomorrow’s run is ON see details below

Sunrise is at 06h17, temp in the region of 21 degrees

There will be a relaxed group, and there is a walking group (taken by Sandy Ackland) starting from a different place and at a different start time.  Please message me directly if you would like details

See you in the morning

Gaeleen

0835569679

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the Constantia Neck parking opposite the Constantia Neck restaurant, (I’m making the start nice and early because the parking gets full and we have a longer run) - in time to start running at 06h00 (please come at least 10 mins earlier to allow time for signing the register and for the pre-run brief)  Just for fun – wear something red

Terrain and Distance

The usual uphill start up the single track up to the ‘Bailiff cottage’ .  Thereafter, good and easy single and Jeep tracks .   More or less 14 km taking in the region of about 3.0 hoursPlease note this is a pack run, and we will divide into a few pace groups on the day with a leader and a sweep chosen per group,

Please take note of the longer time for this route

How to get there?

From the Constantia side head up towards Hout Bay. At the circle, go three-quarters round and park at the Constantia Neck parking opposite the Constantia Neck restaurant.