TABLE MOUNTAIN TRAILERS: Saturday 01 October 2022: Signal Hill circuit from Mouille Point (Green Point) lighthouse

Samantha Brinkmann

Sep 26, 2022, 5:53:19 AM9/26/22
to Table Mountain Trailers
Good Morning Trailers

We're City and Sea side this Saturday.

Route details
From Mouille Point (Green Point) lighthouse, we warm up along beach road and head up Glengariff Road (please be mindful of traffic).  At the top of Glengariff we hit the trail, catch our breath, and turn right to run above Sea Point.

Following the Lions Head Path, at the intersection below the Kramat we can decide whether to head over to Signal Hill or continue around to complete the Lions Head loop, returning to the Kramat.

From the Kramat it's a nice flowing run along Signal Hill ridge to the next parking area where we turn right to head down towards the noon day gun.  We pause here to take some great pics with the cannons and of the view before bundu bashing our way down the side of the mountain.

Continuing our decent we make our way through the houses down to Green Point park and return to the lighthouse (again please be mindful of traffic).

Rendezvous and Start Time:

RV at  the Moullie Point (Green Point) Lighthouse at 6:55am ready to start running at 7am sharp

Terrain and Distance:

Mostly single track with some solid climbing and flowing running.

Distance: approx 12-13kms taking about 2h30 mins for the Medium Group

Faster Group will follow a similar route with a possible extension decided on the day.

Walking Group will be confirmed on Friday.

Please Bring:
whistle, water, a warm /waterproof/windproof top dependent on weather, space blanket and ICE (In Case of Emergency) tag or card

ImportantOur runs are pack runs and will may split into 2 or 3 pace groups on the day. Please remember to look behind you at every turn in the route to make sure the people behind you see which way you are going.  Please keep together and ensure that no-one is left on their own.   Routes are subject to deviation on the day.

Unfortunately no dogs allowed on our runs.

Have a great week!

Regards

Samantha
0723144341

First Aid Kit

·         Plasters in various sizes

·         Tension bandage (for sprain) & safety pins

·         Antiseptic wipes

·         Electrolyte / Salt tablets

·         Energy bars / Gels

·         Sterile gauze pads / Tampons (stops blood by blocking the cut or gash)

·         Petroleum jelly (chafing prevention and stops blood flow)

·         Painkillers (Miprodol, Panado or whatever works for you)

·         Stomach Pills (Immodium)

·         Multi-tool / Scissors

·         Cable ties

·         Super-glue (glue that cut / gash shut)

Mouille Point Signal Hill route.PNG

Samantha Brinkmann

Sep 30, 2022, 4:24:21 AM9/30/22
to Table Mountain Trailers
Happy Friday Trailers!

Tomorrows run is ON!

There won't be a walking group.

RV at  the Moullie Point (Green Point) Lighthouse at 6:55am ready to start running at 7am

See you there!

Regards

Samantha
0723144341

Mouille Point Signal Hill route.PNG

Samantha Brinkmann

May 15, 2023, 6:44:27 AM5/15/23
to Table Mountain Trailers
Happy Monday Trailers

We're City and Sea side this Saturday (thanks Grant for the suggestion)

Route details
From Mouille Point (Green Point) lighthouse, we warm up along beach road and head up Glengariff Road (please be mindful of traffic).  At the top of Glengariff we hit the trail, put our lungs back in, and turn right to run above Sea Point.

We follow the Lions Head Path all the way around the bottom of Lions Head, dodging the tourists as we pass the start of the Lions Head hiking trail to head back along the rump of the Lion, right passed the Kramat to the 2nd parking area .
Here we can choose to "out and back" to Signal Hill lookout before turning down towards Bo-Kaap. Taking the first left and then right we find our way to the noon day gun, where we pause to take some pics with the "big guns" and of the view before continuing our way down the side of signal hill.

We make our way back to the cars down side streets to run through Green Point park and return to the lighthouse (again please be mindful of traffic).

Rendezvous and Start Time:

RV at  the Moullie Point (Green Point) Lighthouse at 6:55am ready to start running at 7am

Terrain and Distance:

Mostly single track with some solid climbing and flowing running.

Distance: approx 12-13kms taking about 2h30 mins for the Medium Group

Faster Group will follow a similar route with a possible extension decided on the day.

Walking Group will be confirmed on Friday.

Please Bring:
whistle, water, a warm /waterproof/windproof top dependent on weather, space blanket and ICE (In Case of Emergency) tag or card

ImportantOur runs are pack runs and may split into 2 or 3 pace groups on the day. Please remember to look behind you at every turn in the route to make sure the people behind you see which way you are going.  Please keep together and ensure that no-one is left on their own.  Routes are subject to deviation on the day.

If you are feeling unwell please stay home for your own health and those around you.
Mouille Point Signal Hill route.PNG

Samantha Brinkmann

May 19, 2023, 3:29:48 AM5/19/23
to Table Mountain Trailers
Happy Friday!

Our run is ON for tomorrow.  It will be chilly so come prepared.

There will be a walking group following a route along the prom.

Rendezvous and Start Time:

RV at  the Moullie Point (Green Point) Lighthouse at 6:55am ready to start running at 7am

See you there.

Regards

Samantha
0723144341

Mouille Point Signal Hill route.PNG

Samantha Brinkmann

Jul 10, 2023, 6:08:52 AM7/10/23
to Table Mountain Trailers
Happy Monday Trailers

We're City side to watch the sunrise this Saturday, weather looks chilly but sunny.

Rendezvous and start time
Meet at 07:00 am at Kloof Nek top parking above MyCiti parking. We start running at 7:15 am. Please bring headlamps, sunrise is at 07:49am

How to get there?
Drive up Kloof Nek Rd to the top and follow the signs to the Cable Station. After turning left onto Tafelberg Rd you will see a parking area on your left, there are two parking levels, we will meet on the top level.

Terrain and distance
Singletrack, technical, 'undulating'. 10-14 km's depending on whether you join the shorter relaxed group or longer main group taking about 2h30.

Route
A straightforward out and back run along the scenic trail across the face of Table Mountain to Oppelskop and return.
Relaxed group will do the Front Face/Deer Park loop, dropping down before Oppelskop.

Dogs
Please note that  Totalsports VOB club rules do not permit dogs on our runs.

What to bring
Water, whistle, warm/windproof top, rain jacket - weather dependent, space blanket, ICE ID - either on your phone, bracelet/tag, card in your backpack.

At this time of year, the weather can change fast. Please make sure that you are carrying the right equipment, enough food and water.

ImportantOur runs are pack runs and may split into 2 or 3 pace groups on the day. Please remember to look behind you at every turn in the route to make sure the people behind you see which way you are going.  Please keep together and ensure that no-one is left on their own.  Routes are subject to deviation on the day.

If you are feeling unwell please stay home for your own health and those around you.

Samantha Brinkmann

Jul 14, 2023, 3:58:08 AM7/14/23
to Table Mountain Trailers
Woo hoo it's Friday!

Our run tomorrow is ON!

Rendezvous and start time
Meet at 07:00 am at Kloof Nek top parking above MyCiti parking. We start running at 7:15 amRecommend you bring headlamps, sunrise is at 07:49am

There will not be a walking group.

See you there!

Samantha
0723144341

We follow the Lions Head Path all the way around the bottom of Lions Head, dodging the tourists as we pass the start of the Lions Head hiking trail to head back along the rump of the Lion, right passed the Kramat to the 2nd parking area .

Here we can choose to "out and back" to Signal Hill lookout before turning down towards Bo-Kaap. Taking the first left and then right we find our way to the noon day gun, where we pause to take some pics with the "big guns" and of the view before continuing our way down the side of signal hill.

We make our way back to the cars down side streets to run through Green Point park and return to the lighthouse (again please be mindful of traffic).

Rendezvous and Start Time:
RV at  the Moullie Point (Green Point) Lighthouse at  at 6:30 a.m. ready to start running at 6:45 a.m.

Terrain and Distance:

Mostly single track with some solid climbing and flowing running.

Distance: approx 12-13kms taking about 2h30 mins for the Medium Group

Faster Group will follow a similar route with a possible extension decided on the day.

Walking Group will be confirmed on Friday.

What to bring
Water, appropriate clothes for cold, windy, or wet weather, a whistle, a space blanket, and your ICE information
Please check the weather before leaving home and pack the appropriate waterproof/warm gear.

Important:
This is a pack run with regular regroups. We usually split into two or three pace groups. Group leaders will be indicated on the day. Please keep the groups together and ensure that no one is left alone. Remember to look behind you at every turn in the route to ensure the people behind you see which way you are going.

Dogs:
Total Sports VOB club rules do not permit dogs on our runs.

Mouille Point Signal Hill route.PNG

Samantha Brinkmann

Oct 20, 2023, 5:04:33 AM10/20/23
to Tmtrailers
Happy Friday!

Our run is ON!

There will be Walkers starting at the same place and will be taking in the sights along the promenade.

Rendezvous and Start Time:
RV at  the Moullie Point (Green Point) Lighthouse at  at 6:30 a.m. ready to start running at 6:45 a.m.

Please remember your water.

See you there!

Regards

Samantha
0723144341

Returning to an ol' fave, we're City and Sea side this Saturday.

Route details
From Mouille Point (Green Point) lighthouse, we warm up along beach road and head up Glengariff Road (please be mindful of traffic).  At the top of Glengariff we hit the trail, put our lungs back in, and turn right to run above Sea Point.

We follow the Lions Head Path all the way around the bottom of Lions Head, dodging the tourists as we pass the start of the Lions Head hiking trail to head back along the rump of the Lion, right passed the Kramat to the 2nd parking area .
Here we can choose to "out and back" to Signal Hill lookout before turning down towards Bo-Kaap. Taking the first left and then right we find our way to the noon day gun, where we pause to take some pics with the "big guns" and of the view before continuing our way down the side of signal hill.

We make our way back to the cars down side streets to run through Green Point park and return to the lighthouse (again please be mindful of traffic).

Rendezvous and Start Time:

RV at  the Moullie Point (Green Point) Lighthouse at 6:25am ready to start running at 6:30am

Terrain and Distance:

Mostly single track with some solid climbing and undulating running.

Distance: approx 12-13kms taking about 2h30 mins for the Medium Group

Faster Group will follow a similar route with a possible extension decided on the day.

Walking Group will be confirmed on Friday.

Please Bring:
whistle, water, a warm /waterproof/windproof top dependent on weather, space blanket and ICE (In Case of Emergency) tag or card

ImportantOur runs are pack runs and may split into 2 or 3 pace groups on the day. Please remember to look behind you at every turn in the route to make sure the people behind you see which way you are going.  Please keep together and ensure that no-one is left on their own.  Routes are subject to deviation on the day.
  Unfortunately no dogs allowed on our runs.
Mouille Point Signal Hill route.PNG

Samantha Brinkmann

Mar 15, 2024, 9:21:22 AMMar 15
to Tmtrailers
Happy Friday!

Our run is ON for tomorrow.

There will be a walking group at the same starting point who’ll be enjoying the sights of the Prom.

See you there 🌞

Begin forwarded message:

Mouille Point Signal Hill route.PNG