FW: TABLE MOUNTAIN TRAILERS - Saturday 27th August 2022 - Newlands Forest and surrounds

margare...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2022, 12:29:27 PM8/21/22
to tmtra...@googlegroups.com

Hi Trailers

This week TMT will be returning to Newlands Forest.

Route

Start from Zoo Parking Lot (at Rhodes Mem entrance gate) taking the single track past The UCT Dam towards Newlands Picnic site, past the reservoir turning right at the jeep track to Maretha Park Bench. From here we turn up onto Woodcutters Trail. Continuing all the way till the T junction where we turn right and up the stairs to the Contour Path. At the Contour Path we take a right, continuing all the way till the turnstile before Kings Blockhouse where we take the RHS fork enjoying the downhill, taking the next RHS fork, at the T junction we turn right continuing down till the hairpin bend where we take the RHS single track again turning right onto the jeep track taking us to the top of Plum Pudding Hill. From here we continue down back towards Maretha Park Bench turning left before the dip in the path before the bench. Continuing back down to UCT Dam and back to the cars.

Terrain and Distance.

Some uphill’s, downhills, single and gravel tracks. Distance will be approx. 12kms with ample add ons or short cuts possible. +- 2hrs 30 mins

Rendezvous and start time

Zoo Parking Lot (at Rhodes Mem Gate entrance) @ 7.20 sign in for a 7.30am start

.

What to bring

Please make sure that you are carrying the right equipment, enough food and water.

Checklist:
Water & snacks
Warm/windproof top and/or
rain jacket - weather dependent
Whistle (sound carries further than your voice)
Space blanket
Emergency contact details - either on your phone, bracelet/tag, or card in your backpack
Basic first aid kit*  (see below)

ImportantOur runs are pack runs and will may split into 2 or 3 pace groups on the day. Please remember to look behind you at every turn in the route to make sure the people behind you see which way you are going.  Please keep together and ensure that no-one is left on their own.

Sorry, no dogs allowed on VOB runs.

Have a great week!

Margaret

072 4322768

* First Aid Kit

·         Plasters in various sizes

·         Tension bandage (for sprain) & safety pins

·         Antiseptic wipes

·         Electrolyte / Salt tablets

·         Energy bars / Gels

·         Sterile gauze pads / Tampons (stops blood by blocking the cut or gash)

·         Petroleum jelly (chafing prevention and stops blood flow)

·         Painkillers (Miprodol, Panado or whatever works for you)

·         Stomach Pills (Immodium)

·         Multi-tool / Scissors

·         Cable ties

·         Super-glue (glue that cut / gash shut)

 width=

Zoo Parking.jpg

margare...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2022, 4:48:34 AM8/26/22
to tmtra...@googlegroups.com

Morning

Weather looks great for tomorrows run. See you there

Margaret

image002.jpg
Zoo Parking.jpg