TABLE MOUNTAIN TRAILERS - SATURDAY 6 JULY - GONE4GOOD CHALLENGE

1 view

Lorraine Nevin

Jul 1, 2024, 1:35:58 AMJul 1
to Tmtrailers
Hi Trailers.

This week we'll follow the route(s) for the Gone4Good Challenge.  There are 2 options:
  • Gone4Good Long - 18.8kms 1123m elevation
  • Gone4Good Lite - 12.5 kms 830m elevation
Both routes start at Sentinel Ocean Alliance at Hout Bay Beach parking, and climb up via East Fort to the Manganese Mines. The long route then continues up to the Constantiaberg mast, before heading to Vlakkenberg and down via Price Drive to the finish at Gone. Outdoor Supply Co. in Constantia, Cape Town.  The Lite route skips the mast and heads straight to Vlakkenberg Peak from the end of Alfie's Path and Breakfast Rock.

There are no costs involved, but you are encouraged to make a donation to the fundraiser. The goal this year this to raise funds for Sentinel Ocean Alliance and The Friends of Table Mountain.
If you wish to be part of the official challenge, please sign up here:
https://goneoutdoor.com/pages/gone4good
Route maps with GPX here: Route maps and GPX files

image.png
image.png

Rendezvous and start time
Meet at 7:20 am
 at Hout Bay beach parking. We start running at 7:30 am.

Car admin
This is a point-to-point route so please make sure you have a lift from the finish in Constantia back to your car in Hout Bay, or meet a buddy at High Constantia at 7am and drive in one car over to Hout Bay.

Groups
We will break into groups with leaders and sweeps on the morning. This is a pack run with regular stops and regroups. Depending on who is there, there may be a faster and a slower group both doing the Lite route.
Walkers to be confirmed on Friday or via the Walkers WhatsApp group - please ask to be added to the WA group if you are interested in Walking.

ImportantPlease remember to look behind you at every turn in the route to make sure the people behind you see which way you are going.
Leaders of each group will ensure that no one is left behind. Please keep the groups together and ensure that no one is left on their own.

What to bring
Water, whistle, warm/windproof top, rain jacket - weather dependent, space blanket, ICE ID - either on your phone, bracelet/tag, card in your backpack.
At this time of year, the weather can change fast. Please make sure that you are carrying the right equipment, enough food and water.

Dogs
Please note that TotalSports VOB club rules do not permit dogs on our runs.

See you there!
Lorraine Nevin
0725750914

Lorraine Nevin

Jul 5, 2024, 11:03:19 AMJul 5
to Tmtrailers
Hi Everyone!

No changes to Monday's email. We'll see you either at High Constantia Gone store at 6:55am ready to leave at 7am, or alternatively at Hout Bay beach lifesavers coffee shop at 7.25am, ready to run at 7.30am. If you haven't organised your lifts yet and are looking to join a car pool whatsapp me tonight!

It's going to be cold at the start but dry. Bring water and snacks for a longish time out.

See you there!

L.
0725750914