My Quetion

khalid khan

Dec 2, 2017, 11:43:22 PM12/2/17
to thecp...@googlegroups.com

Hello EveryBody

My name is Khalid khan. I'm from Pakistan.
I have spastic severe cerebral palsy. Sometimes when i have try to sleep, I feels that i quite become going to coma or catalepsy, But my brain awaken, i can feel and hear everything it happen in my room. But i can't move my body like as paralysed person. My sound power also stoped it this time. And i feel that beating me with hammer in my head.. That happing has just for a few minutes and then i got my normally position.. I want to ask to you.
Does everybody that happen even with you?
 Khalid khan

Homepage :?????? http://cerebralpalsy-khalid.blogspot.com/
Skype No: khalid45kk

Alette Coble-Temple

Dec 2, 2017, 11:49:13 PM12/2/17
to thecp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Khalid,

What a complicated and painful experience. I have severe spastic CP as well. While I have not experienced anything like what you are describing, I experience some of the most excruciating pain while trying to sleep. Laying down is extremely painful after the first 2 or 3 hours. I’m able to fall right to sleep, but then I wake up in a spastic contorted mess. My muscles begin to twitch, and it can become so tight I pull my hip out of the socket. I’ve tried Botox, Baclophen, and many other drugs, but only Botox offered me any kind of relief. Unfortunately over time the Botox has lost its effect, so I’m back to sleeping about 3 hours a night.

I hope other people respond to see if there’s any treatment or help for what you are experiencing.

All the best,
Alette

Alette Coble-Temple, PsyD
Licensed Psychologist #17526
P.O. Box 3498
Walnut Creek, CA 94598

*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - Please read first*****
This e-mail message (and all attachments, if any) is intended only for the use of the individual or the authorized representative of the entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information which is confidential and protected from disclosure by law as proprietary information, legally privileged or otherwise. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not to read the contents and any use, disclosure, distribution or copying of the transmitted material is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately contact the sender to confirm the deletion or destruction of this message and all copies.

Beryl Neurman

Dec 3, 2017, 9:45:28 PM12/3/17
to thecp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alette & Khalid,

I have moderate spastic CP.  I usually don't take any drugs nor Botox for pain or spasticity. Of course, physical therapy and Feldenkrais movement re-education therapy, and FlexAware movement re-education can be expensive but I have found them very effective in reducing my pain. I lived briefly in Northern California many years ago and there was a really good Feldenkrais practitioner and physical therapist out there. Her name is Gail Gordon. I don't know if she has retired or not.

 I also believe in meditative techniques to ease pain and aid relaxation. I have two rose quartz stones which cost me about $12 many years ago that I would hold in my hands as I meditated. That technique eased my pain after my bilateral hamstring surgery.

Good luck feeling better. I truly hope you find answers. I will ask my FlexAware therapist if he has any suggestions when I see him later this week.

--Beryl

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail