In memory of Dr. Genichi Taguchi

Ranjit Roy

Jun 12, 2012, 5:16:44 PM6/12/12
to Taguchi DOE Application Discussion Group (TDA-DG), rkr...@gmail.com
In memory of Dr. Genichi Taguchi (January 1, 1924 - June 2, 2012)

I was deeply saddened to learn that Dr. Genichi Taguchi passed away in
his native Japan on Sunday, June 2, 2012. Dr. Taguchi made a
remarkable and lasting impact on the Quality revolution of automotive
and manufacturing industries, which was prompted by the oil embargo of
the late 1970's and continues today.

Dr. Taguchi elevated the utility of the Design of Experiment (DOE)
statistical technique which was originally introduced by the UK's Sir
R. A Fisher in the 1920's. Taguchi's constant effort to make the DOE
technique more effective by standardizing experiment designs and
offering a method for handling influence of noise factors toward
robust designs was readily adopted by quality professionals and
industrial experimenters worldwide.

With his passing, the world lost another great innovator and
contributor to quality.

- Ranjit Roy, Author, Trainer and Consultant, June 11, 2012

Veerendra Mehta

Oct 25, 2012, 2:56:46 PM10/25/12
to tda...@googlegroups.com
Dr Roy

I am connected to your NUTEK

Got a Q.

Normally how do you do Gage R and R for torque applied to IP using Atlas Copco torque guns?

I rember doing Cpk and PpK  but is there is simple process to check torque on IP,

I am working with James Adams  He said Hello to you

Regards
Veerendra

steve-leggett

Oct 25, 2012, 3:49:05 PM10/25/12