Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Bernie Wagenblast

Apr 5, 2022, 6:00:33 PM4/5/22
to TCNL

Transportation Communications Newsletter

Tuesday, April 5, 2022 - Cranford, New Jersey

ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION

1) This Pedestrian Crosswalk System Uses Smart Technology To Ensure A Safe Flow Of Traffic

Yanko Design

AVIATION

2) Biometrics Delivering Faster Traveler Journeys Amid New Deployments In India, US, Mexico

Biometric Update

CAMERAS

3) Ohio Communities Split On Police Use Of Traffic Cameras

Dayton Daily News

CARTOGRAPHY

4) Google Maps To Show Traffic Signals, Stop Signs, Estimated Tolls

Android Police

FREIGHT

5) Artist Bottles The Soundscape Of The Global Supply Chain

Hyperallergic

INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS

6) Turkish Transport Minister Says Country Has ‘Taken Important Steps For Smart Transportation Systems’

Railly News

PLANNING

7) How Cities Are Using Digital Twins Like A SimCity For Policymakers

Bloomberg CityLab

PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION / INVOLVEMENT

8) Virtual Public Involvement: Text Messaging

FHWA’s EDC News

TRANSIT

9) Open Bus Data Makes Transit Schedules More Reliable

GCN

TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT

10) Minnesota DOT To Improve Traffic Management System In Mankato, North Mankato

KTOE Radio

News Releases

1) Impact Of Digital Technology On Maritime Sustainability Explored In Report

2) FAA Commissions New Air Traffic Control Tower At Charlotte Douglas International Airport

3) STM Announces Positive Results Following Trial Of Shared Taxibus Booking App In Senneville, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue

4) California Alcoholic Beverage Control Launches Underage Drinking Prevention Video Campaign

Tuesday Transportation Oddities

There are plenty of interstate highways in the US that are within just one state, but I-878 holds the distinction of being the shortest at just 7/10’s of a mile (1.12 km) long. Not only is it the shortest interstate highway, it’s one-way only (eastbound). It’s in Queens, New York. You won’t find an interstate shield on the highway. The shortest signed interstate in the US is I-110 in El Paso. It’s 9/10’s of a mile (1.4 km) long.

© 2022 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com  1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016