Friday, May 13, 2022

Bernie Wagenblast

May 13, 2022, 6:00:32 PM5/13/22
to TCNL

Transportation Communications Newsletter

🚲 Friday, May 13, 2022 - Cranford, New Jersey 🚲

**National Bicycle Month**

AVIATION

1) Air Traffic Control Shuts Down In Jamaica

CNN

2) FAA Standardizing Hot Spot Symbology On Airport Diagrams

AOPA

3) Workshop Looks At Civil-Military Airspace Coordination For Spain

Air Traffic Management

CAMERAS

4) Cellphone App Helps New York City Drivers Avoid Enforcement Cameras

Streetsblog NYC

GPS / NAVIGATION

5) Google Maps Adding A 3D ‘Immersive View’ Which Will Include Traffic

CNET

OTHER

6) FCC Chairwoman Proposes Allowing Discounted Rate for  School Bus Wi-Fi

Route Fifty

PARKING

7) Bird Launches Augmented Reality-Powered Parking Technology Pilot

Intelligent Transport

PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION / INVOLVEMENT

8) E-Scooter Company Ola, Asks Customer To Delete ‘Negative’ Social Media Posts In 24 Hours

Trak.in

TRANSIT

9) Passenger Bus Tracking A New Feature Of Muskegon Area Transit System

MLive

News Releases

1) Rolls-Royce Phantom Series II To Debut ‘Rolls-Royce Connected’

2) Operation Lifesaver Launches Railroad Safety National Ad Campaign On Connecticut Airwaves

Friday Bonus

The livery of airliners is sometimes more than just a paint job with a logo. This blog lists eight of the most unusual liveries. There are some amazing designs and I’m happy to say I was actually part of one. In 2011 KLM held a worldwide contest inviting people to send in their profile photos along with an inspiring phrase for a chance for it to be turned into a Delft blue tile and have it applied to the aircraft. Me, and 3,999 of my closest friends, graced a 777 that traveled around the world.

© 2022 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com  1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016