Friday, July 19, 2024

Bernie Wagenblast

Jul 19, 2024, 6:00:34 PM (8 days ago) Jul 19
to TCNL

Transportation Communications Newsletter

  Friday, July 19, 2024 - Cranford, New Jersey

AVIATION

1) Airports Fill With Long Lines, Broken Blue Screens Due To Global IT Outage

NBC News

2) FAA Working Overtime For Busiest Summer Travel Season In Years: Dealing With Delays

KTVT-TV

ELECTRONIC TOLLING

3) Global Outage Impacts Ohio Turnpike, E-ZPass

WOIO-TV

4) National Highways Authority Of India To Charge Double Toll For FASTag Violations

DD News

INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS

5) Insights On Smart Mobility With The CEOs of Yunex Traffic And ERTICO

ERTICO

OTHER

6) AI And The Power Of Intelligent Voice

Route Fifty

PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION / INVOLVEMENT

7) Roanoke Pedestrian Safety Campaign Reminds Residents To ‘Look Out For Each Other’

WFXR-TV

8) Abu Dhabi Launches Smart Robot To Enhance Traffic Awareness

Khaleej Times

9) New Rail Crossing Safety Videos For School Bus Drivers

AASHTO Journal

RAILROADS

10) Amtrak Celebrated World Emoji Day In The Most Adorable Way

Time Out

SAFETY / SECURITY

11) New Tool To Report Traffic Close-Calls In Roanoke

WSLS-TV

12) Central Florida Expressway Authority Distributing Highway Safety Lights

WESH-TV

TRANSIT

13) Global Tech Outage Impacting North American Transit Information And Ticketing Systems

Mass Transit

14) Chicago Transit Authority Celebrates Success Of New Chatbot

Hoodline

TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT

15) New Traffic Monitoring Platform Set Up In Lithuania

Imaging & Machine Vision Europe

News Releases

1) Sioux City Transit Launches Bus Tracking App

2) CMA CGM, Google To Deploy AI Across All Shipping, Logistics, Media Activities

3) Calgary Fire Department Pilot Program Will Outfit Fire Truck With Cameras Providing 360-Degree View

4) Carma Launching Smartphone App In New York City To Demonstrate Fairer Congestion Pricing

5) Delaware DMV Closed Friday Due To Global IT Outage

6) Iowa DOT Services Impacted By Widespread IT Outage

Friday Bonus

If I were to see this car headed toward me on the road, should I try to avoid it or smash into it?

© 2024 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com  1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016