Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Bernie Wagenblast

Jul 9, 2024, 6:00:34 PM (8 days ago) Jul 9
to TCNL

  Transportation Communications Newsletter

  Tuesday, July 9, 2024 - Cranford, New Jersey

AVIATION

1) How Airports Are Working To Ensure Equitable Access

Passenger Terminal World

2) American Airlines IT Chief Talks Security And Change

Dallas Morning News

CARTOGRAPHY

3) Google Maps Rolling Out Speedometer, Speed Limits On iPhone And CarPlay Globally

TechCrunch

GPS / NAVIGATION

4) EASA Updates Advisory On Navigation Interference

GPS World

PARKING

5) Four Mobility Startups Join Detroit Smart Parking Lab Tech Incubator

MITechNews

SAFETY / SECURITY

6) More Attentive Driving Is A Small Win In Tackling Traffic Deaths

State Smart Transportation Initiative

TRANSIT

7) Weirton Transit Now Under City Control, To Be Rebranded With New Logo

WTOV-TV

8) Seoul Adds Autonomous Bus To City’s Public Transportation Network

ITS International

9) SFMTA, BART Lean Into Region’s ‘Healthy Appetite’ For Public-Transit Merch

San Francisco Examiner

TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT

10) KC Scout Website, Traffic Cameras Restored Months After Cyberattack

KSHB-TV

11) Lagos Unveils 24-Hour Customer Service Center To Enhance Traffic Management

PM News

12) New System To Alert Control Room Of Traffic Snarls, Violations On India’s Bundelkhand Expressway

Times of India

News Releases

1) Indra Signs Framework Agreement To Equip Airports In US With Technology For Surveillance, Monitoring Of Surface Aircraft

2) Nevada DOT Releases Video On Upcoming Pave-A-Thon

Tuesday Transportation Oddities

For many of us of a certain age, our introduction to classical music came through cartoons. One such piece of music is 'Funiculì, Funiculà.' I only recently discovered the song celebrates a form of transit; the funicular.

© 2024 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com  1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016