T-ACE_DB_Manager doesn't start

vania

Jun 4, 2012, 7:47:41 PM6/4/12
to T-ACE
Hi,

I am trying to install T-ACE in windows7 but I am having problems with
the T-ACE_DB_Manager.
I am getting the following error:
couldn't load library "C:Tcl/lib/Pgtcl2.0/libpgtcl.dll":invalid
argument while executing
"load C:/Tcl/lib/Pgtcl2.0/libpgtcl.dll pgtcl"
("package ifneeded"script)
invoked from within
"package require Pgtcl"

I created the new diretory Pgtcl2.0 under the Tcl/lib directory and
copied the libpgtcl.dll and the pkgIndexin files into that directory.
I also have the postgresql \bin folder is in the system path before
tcl (PATH=C:\Programas\PostgreSQL\9.1\bin;C:\tcl\bin).

However when I try to run the following command:
createlang -U [username] -d [database] pltcl
I always get an error:
createlang: could not connect to database: FATAL: password
authentication failed.

Could you please help me understanding what is the problem and how to
solve it.

Thank you,
Vânia

lars

Jun 5, 2012, 2:43:50 AM6/5/12
to T-ACE
Hi,

yes this problem is already known, it seems that the pgtcl 32-bit
windows version won't work on a 64-bit system. Maybe you can download
the source code and compile it on your own, but I never tried it.
I will upload an .sql file to the T-ACE homepage for creating a parent
database (should be there tomorrow, under 'T-ACE references').

To your second problem:
It seems you cannot connect to your postgres server. Can you login
through pgAdmin and psql?
You can set your local connection settings in the pg_hba.conf to
'trust', then a password won't be necessary.

If you don't get it running send me an email with more specific
information and your .conf files.

Hope this will help you.

regards,
Lars

vania

Jun 5, 2012, 7:40:03 PM6/5/12
to T-ACE
Thank you Lars,

I was able to do create the parent database.
However now I have a new problem.
I set the database connections as described in the T-ACE manual, but
after I enter the login as testuser it gave an error: can't reach
server.

After that when I tried to restart T-ACE I had the following error:
can't read "env(currentConnection)": no such variable
while executing
"lindex$env(connections)0"
(procedure "init" line 653)
invoked from within
"init"
(file "C:\Users\Vânia\Desktop\T-ACE_v1.9.4\T-ACE.tcl" line 10987)

Thanks a lot for your help,
Vânia

lars

Jun 6, 2012, 4:12:30 AM6/6/12
to T-ACE
Okay,

I will fix this problem and put an updated version on the website.

regards,
Lars