SysML Merge Team formation - notice to INCOSE Evaluators from D. Oliver

Russell Peak

Jan 27, 2006, 1:41:59 PM1/27/06
to SysML-Ev...@googlegroups.com
I am forwarding two important notes to SysML-Ev...@googlegroups.com for the group record.

Here is the first one ...

From: David Oliver [mailto:DOLI...@tampabay.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 1:15 PM
To: Joseph Skipper; Tim Tritsch; Tim King; Russell Peak; Roger Burkhart; Peter Shames; Mike T Loeffler; Michael Latta; Michael Dickerson; Mark Sampson; Jozef Bedocs; James N Martin; Ian Bailey; Howard Lykins; Georg Siebes; Fatma Dandashi; Erik Herzog; Diego R Tamburini; Darold Smith; Asmus Pandikow; Sandy Friedenthal; Samantha F Brown; Rick Steiner; Phil Spiby; Julian Johnson; John Nallon; Jim S. Schier; Jim Long; James Odell; James A U'Ren; Harold P. Frisch; Daniel T. Cocks; Cris Kobryn; Conrad Bock; Chris Sibbald; Bob Cohen
Cc: James Odell
Subject: Feedback from OMG

Gentlepersons,

You the reviewers and those of you who supported us, this is feedback about your good work and effectiveness.

Our drafts of issues and comments have been followewd by The SysML teams and members of OMG. Today
I received feedback from James O'Dell and Jan Popkin. They tell me that as a result of work both submission teams
have decided to merge their separate submissions into a single one. A team is doing this so that a single submission
can be made at the OMG meeting In Tampa. Jim heads the OMG committee that will receive the reports on SysML.

A vote will be delayed until the last week of April at the OMG meeting in St. Louis.

It is your hard and effective work as reviewers that has caused this to happen. congratulations!

Of course the merger team will make its own decisions about what is included and what is to be done about the
issues our review team has raised. that is properly the business of OMG.

I do not know if there will be future interest in MDSD sponsored reviews or not. Personally I hope the language matures
into useeful tools that will be initially employed of small projects with leadership from expert systems modelers. You who
might have such an opportunity would form an excedllent users group to provide first class feedback on sysML and
its implementation.

Dave Oliver