IMPORTANT REQUEST: Feedback for Community Food Assessment: DUE FRIDAY!

SCG Sustainable Cottage Grove

May 2, 2016, 8:24:56 PM5/2/16
to SCG Sustainable Cottage Grove, Jules Reynolds

Here is an important request from Jules Reynolds, our RARE associate working on a Community Food Assessment for the Southern Willamette Valley region:

For the past eight months, I’ve developed a Community Food Assessment for Cottage Grove and the Southern Willamette Valley. The purpose of this food assessment is to document our local food resources and challenges, as well as identify different opportunities we have to overcome those challenges.

I would love to hear your input on this assessment. The following information was gathered from community members and provides background to a specific challenge in Cottage Grove. Your answers to the questions at the bottom of the page will help me identify opportunities to strengthen our food system and the food assessment.

Please send comments and feedback to me by the afternoon of Friday, May 6th.  You can email me at rare.sust...@gmail.com, drop off written notes at the Healing Matrix, or call me at (541)623-0339.

Thank you!

Jules Reynolds

Attached is a document which asks for feedback on specific opportunities to improve the local food system in 4 different areas: Community Education, Community Gardens, Natural Resource Knowledge, and Financial Obstacles to Health Food Access.

Please feel free to provide feedback on as many or as few of these areas as you like.

cgFEAST Opportunities_v2.pdf