Climate Caminata: Dedicated marchers cross Oregon to fight for action on climate change ; WILL YOU HELP?

SCG Sustainable Cottage Grove

Mar 8, 2016, 3:38:56 AM3/8/16
to SCG Sustainable Cottage Grove
Marchers walk from Medford to Salem to Protest LNG Pipelines and the Jordan Cove Export Terminal in Coos Bay

Please show them your support and offer your hospitality when they come through Cottage Grove

Potluck dinner Wed. March 23rd in Cottage Grove ; lodging needed for 30 people

To just about anyone paying attention, there is an ever growing urgency that action must be taken immediately in order to address the climate crisis that we most certainly face.  While the effects of climate change are apparent now and will only increase in severity over time, the only responsible course is to reduce our contribution to climate change in order to reduce those impacts.  And one such action is to reduce our consumption of fossil fuels and increase our usage of renewable energy.  Increasing extraction of natural gas by fracking and then sending that gas through pipelines to export terminals is going in the opposite direction of where we need to go.

All that said, we would like to call attention to a group of dedicated individuals willing to “walk the talk” by journeying across Oregon to raise awareness of the climate crisis and to protest the development of LNG pipelines and an export terminal in Coos Bay.

Please see the announcement below describing the “climate caminata” happening this month.  If you have any questions, please contact Joyce Cameron at dun...@gmail.com or call 541-767-0812 for more information.

Please consider offering lodging for some of these good folks as they come through Cottage Grove.  Or share a meal with them on the Weds (3/23) potluck.  Or put on some good shoes and walk part of the way with them as they head North to Eugene.

In solidarity,

Rob, Beth, and Richard for
Sustainable Cottage Grove