Connection Problem?

Michael Eldridge

Jul 21, 2021, 2:47:39 PM7/21/21
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Like everyone else, I suppose, I've been experiencing periodic connection problems these last few months--it seems the Hub goes down once or twice a week.

Today, however, I'm getting a different error: "The requested address is not valid in its context." Googling this message offers a lot of seemingly irrelevant advice.

Can anyone help?

Michael

MichaelE

Jul 21, 2021, 3:08:06 PM7/21/21
to SurroundSound
Answered my own question--sort of.

My problem was a consequence of the fact that two days ago I installed a new, outboard Wi-Fi adapter on my old laptop, so as to be able to connect to my house's 5GHz network. Reverting to the old adapter (and the old 2.4GHz network) solved the problem. Not quite sure why this happened, but I guess there must be some of the connection settings deep inside Apex DC++ (which I set up years ago) are specific to the particular adapter?

Phil Steeples

Jul 21, 2021, 6:58:56 PM7/21/21
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
At the moment the Hub  is shit. I am looking at options to take the ISP out of the equation  please bear with me.
Sorry as it is poor.

Michael Eldridge

Jul 21, 2021, 7:02:36 PM7/21/21
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Not your fault, Lokks--and the Hub is still great when it's working. My most recent problem was with my own hardware and settings...