Tips and tricks

remote

Sep 24, 2008, 6:50:50 AM9/24/08
to SuperNotecard
Hi to all.
First off all sorry for my Englsh.

As you know, within Supernotecard it's possible to add single words to
a kind of User dictionary.

If you have to add a whole dictionary, as I had to do being Italian,
it's a lttle bit
frustrating adding one word at a time.
Hopefully it's possible to add a list of word in one single step
editing a file.

In Windows this file is named words_cust.txt and you can find it into

C:\Documents and Settings\username\.mindola\snc

where "username" is the name of the user that has installed
SuperNoteCard.

BTW you have to log as Administrator to do that, and there is a limit
in the number of words you can add.
Starting up SuperNoteCard loads in memory this file taking a lot of
time, and its possible
that it crashes if the list is too long.
I do not know what's the limit, but with a dictionary of about 245.000
words it crashes.
Remember to backup the original file, so just in case it does'nt
works, replace the new words_cust.txt with the original and restart
the program.

I've prepared a list of 95.193 words and then added them to
words_cust.txt.
Be aware that you MUST retain the UNIX format for this file; so use a
text editor that is
able to handle this, if you're going to do this with another language.
Naturally this can be done also on Mac, but it's a little bit more
tricky.

Now when I execute SuperNoteCard I've to wait about a minute for the
program startup,
but I've a good base for my spelling.

Well in this case I'll upload my words_cust.txt containing actually
95.247 italian words.
You'll find it into the files section of the group.

And for a complete and free Italian Dictionary please visit

http://www.yorku.ca/lbianchi/italian.html

There you can download all you need to create your Customized subset
of Italian words.

I Hope it can be useful.

Ola!
Message has been deleted